Liquid Art: From Mini P180 to infinity...

Soldato
OP
Stumbled across this thread and its a great build. I've finally recently got a 144hz monitor and with the unlocked frames Im finding that the GPU temps are pretty high, so I'm thinking now of starting off watercooling with a GPU only build and extending to CPU where necessary.

Have the same case as you, so going to have a read through to get more details to see how to mitigate problems. Which vertical mount is that? I have the coolermaster one, which was great before as the slots were closer to the motherboard, which gave my air cooled GPU more room to breathe. However since I upgraded a couple of months back, it might be TOO close as it will foul on my RAM (same as yours by the looks of it).

Its a lovely looking build and I'm starting to look at pumps etc. Annoyingly the standard 011D is just a few mm short to give me real options without vertical mounting, so will have to see whats possible.

Any plans going ahead?
A watercooled gpu gets so much more performance gain than you would from a watercooled cpu, the temps difference is quite significant. GPU temps can drop as much as 25-35c depending on how many radiators and what else is in your loop. For me i saw a drop from 65c to 42c average which allowed me a further boost clock of 20mhz. I believe if i somehow managed to drop temps further i could squeeze another 10-15mhz out of it easily without going into sub ambient temps.

For a gpu only loop a single 360 rad would be more than sufficient to see significant drops in temps. A further 360 rad would help a lot if you had a cpu in the loop as well in the future. Use to be 240 rad per component but since components these days run a lot hotter than what they use to with some above the 300w mark, it just doesn't flow anymore.

I got the Phanteks Vertical mount for its ability to adjust up and down along the pci slots as it technically only uses up 5 slots not the advertised 7 slots.

If i had the coolermaster mount i would:

A) not be able to mount a bottom radiator or fans
B) foul the ram as you mentioned.

The phanteks version allows me to eliminate both of these problems.

If you spend some time measuring and having a closer look at the case its actually very versatile and can fit a lot in there.

I'm tinkering with the idea of swapping the 240 rad up top for a 360 rad but just working out the flow and fittings direction is proving to be abit of a ball ache at the moment. Furthermore i had to flush the system last night due to EK's Cryo fuel Solid Fire Orange losing its white particles and getting stuck to the blocks and tubing/res.. very disappointed in it. Looked amazing at first but shortly after i noticed white build up and knew what was up. Swapped it all out for de-ionised water again now for the time being. Will do a little tutorial on cleaning up scratched PETG as well tomorrow as i've ordered a kit to help me do this. The clear fluid shows up all the scratch marks unfortunately and its rather annoying me..

Soldato
@Jay85 what is your reservoir and mount please? I have the O11 dynamic XL, I plan to fit a thick EK-rad bottom and two normal for vertical and top. I was thinking of a EK-res and EK 120mm res mount, I have 16mm/14mm OD/ID Thermaltake PETG tubing. I'm wondering about Alphacool 16mm compression fittings or Thermaltake ones but I heard XSPC have 3 o-rings (also heard about some 16mm compressions not fitting 16mm OD tubes). I plan to get a dual serial D5 EK pump. I will get a GPU block first, after big Navi comes out. I'm thinking of getting some soft tubing for a drain port. I expect it could be tricky to drain with a radiator at the bottom and wanted some flexibility (plus I still have a t-piece for soft tube from the last time I watercooled).

I also want a water temperature sensor and fan control via water temperature:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-flow-sensor-mps-high-flow-incl-usb-port-wc-177-aq.html

Soldato
OP
@Jay85 what is your reservoir and mount please? I have the O11 dynamic XL, I plan to fit a thick EK-rad bottom and two normal for vertical and top. I was thinking of a EK-res and EK 120mm res mount, I have 16mm/14mm OD/ID Thermaltake PETG tubing. I'm wondering about Alphacool 16mm compression fittings or Thermaltake ones but I heard XSPC have 3 o-rings (also heard about some 16mm compressions not fitting 16mm OD tubes). I plan to get a dual serial D5 EK pump. I will get a GPU block first, after big Navi comes out. I'm thinking of getting some soft tubing for a drain port. I expect it could be tricky to drain with a radiator at the bottom and wanted some flexibility (plus I still have a t-piece for soft tube from the last time I watercooled).

I also want a water temperature sensor and fan control via water temperature:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-flow-sensor-mps-high-flow-incl-usb-port-wc-177-aq.html

Hi megatron,

It's a Alphacool reservoir:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £83.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

I bought a shorter tube for it through ocuk who sourced it for me since they didn't stock the size i wanted.

I managed to do 2 x 360 and 1 x 240 with this setup but im sure i probably could have squeezed a 360 in there still instead of the 240. The XL case has a lot more head room so you should be fine to fit thicker rads at the bottom.

Yes draining was a nightmare, i had to tilt the case on its side and remove one of the fittings to loosen a tube to drain it into a bucket. It did the job but not convenient at all, i wouldn't recommend it unless you have no other choice.

I've dropped the tube style reservoirs now and gone with EK's new Quantum Kinetic blocks and saved myself a lot of room.

View attachment 2uMEBe2.jpg

dzcZGTr.jpg

G1qBRaR.jpg

DSORL4X.jpg

Soldato
OP
Fantastic looking that is very very clean and love the red and black, looks smart as!

Thank you Pug! Just a possible CPU block to change but need to do my research first before i commit. The old Bitspower summit EF block needs to retire i think, it's had a good 4-5 year run.

Back
Top Bottom