Escape from Tarkov

Associate
I didn’t realise that. Quite a few times I turned up to the truck with an open door and nothing inside. I assumed I had been beaten to it.

yeh sometimes its barely visible having almost completely clipped through the trucks cabin floor, gotta scan around with the mouse a bit to find it.

Soldato
Had about an hour of absolute butt clenching hell last night. I was running solo as PMC on Interchange to get a manifest as part of a quest. There are three to collect in total but had intended to get one per run across three runs.

I get the first easily with no contact despite sprinting and making loads of noise so think, may as well go for the second. It's in the Idea office. As i approach I hear scavs so take care of them with my suppressed AKM easily. This is when things go mad, they keep coming at me, keep spawning, drop about 8 of them. There is also another PMC duo that promptly gets rinsed by the scavs. I've taken a few hits so med up and heal blacked out limbs over a few minutes.

Get bored of waiting, spring into Idea office for the other manifest and there are about 7 bodies in there. Get the manifest, YOLO sprint out for emercom and extract.

Now...you should always turn in quest items before going for another PMC run right...nope, forgot to do that and reload into Customs just for some random action before i call it a night. I spawn in the trailer/storage area and get attacked by a 3 man PMC, kill two of them, run around the corner and heal. The third gets killed by scavs so I make my way over to the bodies, again, dropping about 6 scavs on the way to them.

This is when I realise I still have manifests on me from Interchange, get nervous, check extract, other side of map, ZB1011. Make my way over carefully, come close to dorms, remember i've got another quest in there to do, only 10 minutes left on raid so decide to chance it. As I approach the fire escape, a guy bolts out, we both see each other, freeze a second then open fire. He does the whole strafe left right thing while on full auto, I just crouch and pop 3 shots, he blacks four of my limbs and down to about 50 health as I head shot him.

What follows was about 5 minutes of cms, painkillers, IFAK then me again yolo'ing into dorms, grabbing the quest item as I have 3 minutes to get to ZB1011. Just beeline straight across the map, shots left and right and hit the extract with 20 seconds to spare.

The most exciting and scary solo runs i've had to date.

------------------------
TL;DR - turn in your quest items after every raid!!!!

Love it :) Surprised it wasn't OLI that you ran into the never ending Scavs spawning. Come across it a few time and reading online it's a bug they decided to keep. Basically horde mode haha.

Soldato
you and me both, took me a few goes too before i noticed it mostly clipped through the floor

Worst one I’ve come across so far is the delivery from the past quest after it. It’s one thing to survive customs but then to survive factory afterwards is impossible as far as I’m concerned :D. Fail and have to repeat customs again :(.

Soldato
Love it :) Surprised it wasn't OLI that you ran into the never ending Scavs spawning. Come across it a few time and reading online it's a bug they decided to keep. Basically horde mode haha.

Is that the marked and cursed thing?

I've literally never seen so many scav bodies around the place, including the ones I saw on my YOLO run out, it was easily 20+ scavs.

Soldato
Worst one I’ve come across so far is the delivery from the past quest after it. It’s one thing to survive customs but then to survive factory afterwards is impossible as far as I’m concerned :D. Fail and have to repeat customs again :(.

You need a 5 man PMC squad, that way there is only 1 other PMC on the map, that's how I got it done with the help of the others on discord.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
You need a 5 man PMC squad, that way there is only 1 other PMC on the map, that's how I got it done with the help of the others on discord.
Early morning time irl, night time factory raid, cheap nvgs and some reasonable gear, done first time. You'll have a couple of other tasks there two; repairing two circuits, collecting a sample of something etc. The thing with factory is learning the spawns - there aren't many of them, they can all be pushed very early into the raid and cleared. The change to player scav load-in time will make things a bit easier too imo.

Soldato
Am on a nice little run at the moment, not been able to use comms so done some solos. Think i'm on 7 successful extractions in a row. Shoreline, Interchange and Customs. Done loads of quests and made 1.5 mil.

Soldato
Am on a nice little run at the moment, not been able to use comms so done some solos. Think i'm on 7 successful extractions in a row. Shoreline, Interchange and Customs. Done loads of quests and made 1.5 mil.

nice

5 man PMC run last night - only 2 got out...Yitearp got TOS'd right at the start.......

Making bank is fairly easy now when you know what to do - gone from around 4 million to about 8 million in the last week.

Soldato
T
Its a weird one, but addictive as hell. Starts out as a busy Dayz with terrible weapons over 30-40 minute small maps but with a big resource gathering element - you need to be avoiding everyone at this stage and using hail mary type weapons. The hook is basically building up your stash, selling stuff you manage to get out with and buying some half decent weps, learning the maps (theres a no risk offline element in the beta) etc. Early stage is trying to figure out survivable loot runs, getting your character to 5 so you can access the fleamarket auction house. Thats another game trying to snipe decent deals and selling them on for cash but I would say the auction house is messed up at the sniping level, theres talk of bots and adjusting your system clock etc. so a bit pointless in my opinion at the moment. Throughout this there is another aspect of accessing your 'every 20 minutes' scav run - basically taking over an NPC with bloody awful weapons and armour (and sometimes nerve wrackingly good stuff) and trying to grab as much stuff as poss and get out for cash without being shot by well armed players or other looting scavs. theres a hilarious sub game of tetris as you try to make everything fit in your stash, forcing you to decide what to keep and what to sell, and learning the value of stuff like a chocolate bar (valuable) and how everything fits is fun as well - theres lots of items but they all seem to do something, chocolate bars make sugar make alcohol etc. Once you have a bit of cash you can start upgrading your hideout for bonuses - kind of a build a decent dwelling element for bonuses and crafting - and start thinking about levelling your main character. Thats when the quests kick in. This is as far as i am at, but my list of things to do is getting bigger. Lots of fun as long as you can survive the 'for gods sake thats the fourth time in a row ive lost all my stuff to someone i didnt even see' quitting moments.

THanks! So is it just solo based play or can I team up with my mates?

Soldato
T

THanks! So is it just solo based play or can I team up with my mates?
you can team up with your mates but they will have no markers or names identifying them as friendly. you have no map (well you do but not what most people will be used to), you have no compass. you have to recognise team mates by their loadout, appearance and location to you!! it's a ******* nightmare......it's also part of the fun!!

Soldato
nice

5 man PMC run last night - only 2 got out...Yitearp got TOS'd right at the start.......

Making bank is fairly easy now when you know what to do - gone from around 4 million to about 8 million in the last week.

been running interchange past couple of days as off work.

have moved from naked running to slightly tooled up as i got quite a bit of gear from the skav runs.

daytime is sweet, After 4pm is a pain so don’t tend to gear up after that time.

have not done any quests yet, is that the way to make bigger bucks.

Soldato
been running interchange past couple of days as off work.

have moved from naked running to slightly tooled up as i got quite a bit of gear from the skav runs.

daytime is sweet, After 4pm is a pain so don’t tend to gear up after that time.

have not done any quests yet, is that the way to make bigger bucks.
Quests tend to cost me more money than i make, they are more about getting the trader levels to access trades and parts. Interchange and reserve are the money maker maps as you can easily extract with 200k+ for little effort

Back
Top Bottom