Dune (2020) - Denis Villeneuve

Caporegime
Not s sequel but more of a world builder companion I'd have thought.
The frank Herbert books are pretty well defined, I heard his son is contributing to the miniseries. He is a bit marmite with some very off the wall ideas that don't sit too well.

Last edited:
Soldato
The son did those utterly awful **** books, along with a second writer, Anderson or similar, it was appalling, and both deserved to be shot.
I hope they keep the miniseries based around the lore and the existing universe from the original 6 books, rather than the ejaculated excrement produced by his spawn.

Soldato
The son did those utterly awful **** books, along with a second writer, Anderson or similar, it was appalling, and both deserved to be shot.
I hope they keep the miniseries based around the lore and the existing universe from the original 6 books, rather than the ejaculated excrement produced by his spawn.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Dune 'SPECTACULAR' first look will reduce fans to 'tears' 'It's the new Lord of the Rings'

I must not hype. Hype is the mind-killer. Hype is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my hype. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the hype has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

I see what you did there...and I like it, I like it a lot :D

When do the plebs like us get to see this footage then?

Soldato
"Dune 'SPECTACULAR' first look will reduce fans to 'tears' 'It's the new Lord of the Rings'"
tears because it's good, or bad? if it's the new LOTR, the latter.

Soldato
It's not out till December so I imagine a trailer might still be a month or two away.

The original LoTR trilogy was pretty legit. The Hobbit trilogy was a disaster (largely because Jackson was more or less making stuff up as he went along).

Soldato
I'm not buying it. The movie doesn't release until December. There's no way anyone outside the production would be seeing anything yet. A first cut wouldn't be coming until summer at the earliest I'd imagine and that would be very limited people (producers, the studio etc.). If for some crazy reason they did let anyone see any footage he'd be NDA'd up to his eyeballs and certainly wouldn't be posting on Twitter. I reckon he's a fan, shares some fans of his with Dune, and wanted the publicity.

But, I'm still looking forward to this. Timothee Chalumet was great in The King.

Soldato
We've seen many films "look great" and be disappointing everywhere else. Of all the movies that need good characters, story and dialogue, Dune will just not work without it. AFAICT, this is something that DV seems to understand, and with the rights back with the Herbert estate, they may well have some influence over what is acceptable and what is not.

Soldato
The reason Dune 84' was so good is simply that each scene was delivered and acted like a shakespearean set piece.

The scifi theme and lore gave even greater depth to that.

This staging is rarely replicated these days and lost to cgi, big experiences and often average actors.

Soldato
Dune-Logo-Fan-Art-By-SecretsOfDune.jpg

https://screenrant.com/dune-movie-logo-title-fan-art/

Promo poster got leaked, taken down everywhere at a rate of knots... but not before someone on the internet copied more or less 1:1

EPbCTtPWkAE8Sx0

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom