RIP Terry Jones of Monty Python

Soldato
Just saw on the Welsh news, some of his fans had gathered on Colwyn Bay seafront and were singing The Lumberjack Song in his memory. :)

Soldato
Properly gutted at this news, a proper legend.

What's makes this even worse for me is that I'm currently watching my old man disappear into the dark pit of dementia and can do nothing about it.

Man of Honour
Just saw on the Welsh news, some of his fans had gathered on Colwyn Bay seafront and were singing The Lumberjack Song in his memory. :)

Really the Lumberjack Song? Not Always Look on the Bright Side of Life? Or I'm so Worried or Never be Rude to an Arab? At least he sung those.

Man of Honour
Let's have some video...

This shows Terry's perfect comic timing and also how he doesn't need to say anything to get a laugh. (Although, look at Gilliam's face throughout, he's REALLY enjoying this)

The perfect straight man.

Terry sings Forgive Me

Last edited:
Soldato
I listened to Michael Palin talk about him on 5 Live driving home tonight. It was an endearing recollection of their very deep friendship - Palin was seeing him regularly during the past 2 years when he could no longer talk and there wasn’t much response, talking, singing and reading to him.

RIP.

Soldato
I grew up with Python, we were forever repeating parts of sketches at each other in school and I also just finished watching the first three seasons of Flying Circus again, so this news hit me pretty hard. :(
RIP Terry, gone but not forgotten.

Soldato
I listened to Michael Palin talk about him on 5 Live driving home tonight. It was an endearing recollection of their very deep friendship - Palin was seeing him regularly during the past 2 years when he could no longer talk and there wasn’t much response, talking, singing and reading to him.

RIP.

Palin looked pretty devastated on the news, he obviously loved the man. :(

Soldato
Yeah, Palin was crying a bit on tv.

John Cleese with French accent: "Ah good afternoon sir, and how are we today?"

Mr Creosote, rudely : "BETTER"

Cleese: "Better?"

Creosote: "Better get a bucket, I'm gonna THROW UP"

R.I.P Terry Jones.

Back
Top Bottom