• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Vs. Nvidia Image Quality - Old man yells at cloud

Permabanned
On the very same page there is an AMD advert, what is your point:confused: (also technically an EVGA advert)

That they are not neutral. I don't see any AMD advert, can you print-screen it?

That is what is called advertising and makes the site money, same as OCUK site do/did at times.

OCUK is a retailer, TechpowerUp is a review site, and each and every review of theirs has a goal to inform the readers, who in the first place are knowledgeable and don't need these type of adverts, especially when they occupy 20% of the page or more.

Permabanned

OCUK is a retailer, TechpowerUp is a review site, and each and every review of theirs has a goal to inform the readers, who in the first place are knowledgeable and don't need these type of adverts, especially when they occupy 20% of the page or more.

So its a tech review site so basically nothing ad wise can be tech related so would they be ok to advertise condoms and blow up dolls instead?

Man of Honour
You and TNA are trolls and it's quite visibly clear to everyone in the forum.

If you watch the video they found small detail/crispness issues like that on both nVidia and AMD depending on game but in all cases they were outliers really the bulk of games they didn't see any significant difference.

Soldato

A4Kw0Jx.png

Soldato
Look at TechpowerUp's page and say honestly don't they receive money from nvidia?

nvidia-tpu.png
https://www.techpowerup.com/

Nothing on this screenshot of yours indicate anything else other than EVGA paid for advertisement like any company would do. Beside the 2060 KO is a joke card, as it doesnt KO anything and is never in stock on the major webshops anyway so it's basicly a paper launch at this point.

TL;DR: You are reaching!

Soldato
3PVwQEV.jpg

I added some stuff :D

Quality!!

Nothing on this screenshot of yours indicate anything else other than EVGA paid for advertisement like any company would do. Beside the 2060 KO is a joke card, as it doesnt KO anything and is never in stock on the major webshops anyway so it's basicly a paper launch at this point.

TL;DR: You are reaching!

How wrong you are! The RTX2060KO KO's Navi very easily as the price drop makes the RX5600XT and RX5700 a bit pointless. According to the experts,Navi drivers are a pile of crap,so a RTX2060KO "just works",so don't want any of that AMD fluff infecting your gaming PC! :D

Caporegime
I have to admit though, the adverts look better on AMD GPUs and look foggy on NVidia and the font is all wrong on NVidia and using ASTC is killing the IQ.

Any advert now makes the tech site biased.... FFS he gets better and better :D

Soldato
There is a range of compression used - textures are often stored using DXT (based off of S3TC IIRC) which is largely lossless though there are some lossy variants IIRC but they are mostly not used. That is usually implemented at an application level though rather than driver so the application developer has control over the level of compression used.

ASTC (and the other forms) is not used in a context relevant to what you are talking about really - though it can be forced/recompression on texture upload which in some variants does result in a loss of detail that is generally not used on desktop hardware or forced at the driver level and mostly used on low end mobile hardware, etc. to compensate for very low spec. Even if it was in use and causing loss of quality it wouldn't manifest in the way you are talking about colour/quality differences - you'd largely just see banding on certain surfaces.

Internally delta compression (which at a simple level only transmits changes) and run length encoding is used in some parts of the GPU when transferring data especially colour information however these are lossless systems that have no impact on the fidelity of the data and typically result in between 1:4 and 1:8 compression of data.
I have to admit though, the adverts look better on AMD GPUs and look foggy on NVidia and the font is all wrong on NVidia and using ASTC is killing the IQ.

Any advert now makes the tech site biased.... FFS he gets better and better :D

This fella must not have a life lol he keeps going on about this fgs give it rest son nothing to see just move on many ppl have said no REAL DIFFERENCES get over it .

Soldato
How wrong you are! The RTX2060KO KO's Navi very easily as the price drop makes the RX5600XT and RX5700 a bit pointless. According to the experts,Navi drivers are a pile of crap,so a RTX2060KO "just works",so don't want any of that AMD fluff infecting your gaming PC! :D

I'm tired, so at first I took your post serious and wondered if someone else had gained access to your account. Then I had a sip of coffee and enlightenment was bestowed upon me :p.

Soldato
You and TNA are trolls and it's quite visibly clear to everyone in the forum.

AMD texture resolution:

nvidia texture resolution:

Did you even watch the video that you are posting from? You selected the parts of the Video where it shows the AMD image been slightly better than the Nvidia one, but you completely ignored the parts where it shows the Nvidia image been slightly better than the AMD one. The conclusion at the end of the video even says that there are no significant differences between the two.

So by your own evidence you have proved yourself wrong again. Do a little research before posting and don't just quote the first thing you see on Google.

Caporegime
Actiion has ben taken against one forum member. Please now stay on topic, I will be honest I am close to locking this thread as it has more or less ran its course.
I think the thread has certainly run its course. Like others have said, if there was a difference, tech sites would have been all over it by now but even the video in the 1st post states that there is swings for each in game dependence scenarios. Mind you, I did enjoy some of the rantings and made me laugh a few times :D

Back
Top Bottom