Harry and Meghan to resign

Caporegime
We still live in a patriarchal society.
We keep being told that all men have male privilege; all white people have white privilege, etc.

For many it doesn't resonate. They don't recognise that pictures as the reality they live in. For many those claims are utter nonsense. The advocates of such positions border on hysterics much of the time. It's a nonsense put-down to stifle discussion and "win" arguments by appealing to emotion.

By what metrics are we a patriarchal society, today? Try watching some 1940s films (Talking Pictures is a free channel I believe), and see the difference between then and now.

Will you only be satisfied with equality of outcome, regardless of all other factors? Of course where "outcome" is determined by something very specific and detached entirely from the wider context.

Soldato
We keep being told that all men have male privilege; all white people have white privilege, etc.

For many it doesn't resonate. They don't recognise that pictures as the reality they live in. For many those claims are utter nonsense. The advocates of such positions border on hysterics much of the time. It's a nonsense put-down to stifle discussion and "win" arguments by appealing to emotion.

By what metrics are we a patriarchal society, today? Try watching some 1940s films (Talking Pictures is a free channel I believe), and see the difference between then and now.

Will you only be satisfied with equality of outcome, regardless of all other factors? Of course where "outcome" is determined by something very specific and detached entirely from the wider context.

Why go back to the 1940s. You can look in the 90s at least. Women were still getting a slap in movies and it wasn't seen as unacceptable. The "dumb blonde" was still being portrayed constantly. What's the male equivalent? Women hardly if ever had the lead role, still hardly do. Women that sleep around are slags where as men who do it are studs and get a slap on the back from all their mates. I know because I've slapped mates on the back for exactly that. Christ you lot are making me out to be some rampant feminist when nothing could be further from the truth. Yeah I'm a feminist, we all should be. I think women should have exactly the same opportunities as men, should be treated the same by all of society. If some men are finding the adjustment hard to take that isn't my problem. You mention white privilege, I'm a white middle aged man. Given the choice I'd chose that every time living were we do. Is life easy because of it, no but it's easier for the majority of cases Obviously there will always be exceptions to the rule.

Caporegime
Feminism means advocating for women. It has nothing to do with equality. It says nothing about equality. Early feminists made a big deal about equality because back then equality was an improvement. But feminism doesn't have to stop at equality.

A feminist could quite logically want to create a female governed society, where all the top jobs are taken by women, and men work in the joke mines on Mars.

Soldato
Feminism means advocating for women. It has nothing to do with equality. It says nothing about equality. Early feminists made a big deal about equality because back then equality was an improvement. But feminism doesn't have to stop at equality.

A feminist could quite logically want to create a female governed society, where all the top jobs are taken by women, and men work in the joke mines on Mars.

wow talk about taking it to extremes. I’d say even if we lived to 250 we’d never see anything approaching that. It’s still a man’s world.

Soldato
That wasn't the point tho. Being a feminist has nothing to do with equality.

really you’re going to argue the semantics of feminist? There are so many versions but the one I was describing myself as is what I think The majority see it to mean. Clearly some guys in here see it as some form of extremism which as I said before is laughable.

Man of Honour
really you’re going to argue the semantics of feminist? There are so many versions but the one I was describing myself as is what I think The majority see it to mean. Clearly some guys in here see it as some form of extremism which as I said before is laughable.
He's right though. The clue is even in the name.

Man of Honour
Why go back to the 1940s. You can look in the 90s at least. Women were still getting a slap in movies and it wasn't seen as unacceptable. The "dumb blonde" was still being portrayed constantly. What's the male equivalent? [..]

The utterly incompetent man who was a staple in sitcoms and adverts. Also, real violence against men is generally seen as acceptable as well as screen violence.

Your position is so ludicrously sexist that it's just blathering nonsense with no connection to reality. And you're proud of being that irrationally prejudiced, so proud that you use it as the way you identify yourself. That's why you see sexism everywhere - you're projecting it from yourself.

To someone as devoutly prejudiced as you, maybe. To me (as well as all the other people who advocate equality), biological group advocacy is an inherently extremist position.

There are two requirements for biological group advocacy:

1) Belief in biological group identity. Obviously a person can't advocate for a group identity unless they believe in that group identity. Belief in biological group identity is the belief that "they're all the same". "They're all the same" and "they all have the same identity" mean exactly the same thing. People using the older phrasing didn't mean that every person they regarded as being a group identity were exactly the same, precise clones of each other. Adding the word "identity" is just expressing exactly the same belief in slightly better English.

2) Belieg that only the "right" biological group identity is worthy of consideration. That's the least extreme position possible for a biological group advocate as it merely dismisses the "wrong" biological group identity or identities. Mainstream biological group advocacy targets the "wrong" biological group identity or identities to some degree, using them as a scapegoat at the very least. That's prety much required for biological group advocates because they need to blame their victims in order to "justify" their position.

I think the most eloquent opposition to belief in biological group identity came from Martin Luther King when he talked about his dream of a society in which people are judged not by the colour of their skin but the content of their character. I think he was right and I extend that idea to all strains of belief in biological group identity. You think people should be judged not by the content of their character but by their sex. Or more precisely, by the collection of grotesque stereotypes you associate with each biological group identity you believe in so that you can "rationalise" your sexism. I think the opposite to you, unsurprisingly. I reject the entire idea of biological group identity because it's wrong both objectively and ethically.

So yes, I do see biological group advocacy as a form of extremism and inherently so. It comes in various strains with various degrees of extremism, but I think the entire concept is inherently extreme. The idea that some version of some trivial and mostly irrelevant biological characteristic should be attached to simplistic stereotypes and used to judge everyone and determine what rights and opportunities and status they have in society is, in my not at all humble opinion, an extremist position.

Soldato
we need to know what Meghan's definition is ?
not sure if channel 5 is credible, or a tabloid .. but there 'bagging a prince' doc last night ... saw last 30min of part1
which showed her acting jobs 10years back, trying to get her Hollywood break, participating in a bingo show, like a formula 1 grid lady/cheerleader,
also suggesting that in the USA she could neither get white nor black acting parts ... so, those self-inflicted (????) choices/traumas are what built her personality.

now she's free of the royal shackles, maybe she'll explain how to address this, I think the African womens affinity message is/was diversionary.

Soldato
The utterly incompetent man who was a staple in sitcoms and adverts. Also, real violence against men is generally seen as acceptable as well as screen violence.

Your position is so ludicrously sexist that it's just blathering nonsense with no connection to reality. And you're proud of being that irrationally prejudiced, so proud that you use it as the way you identify yourself. That's why you see sexism everywhere - you're projecting it from yourself.

To someone as devoutly prejudiced as you, maybe. To me (as well as all the other people who advocate equality), biological group advocacy is an inherently extremist position.

There are two requirements for biological group advocacy:

1) Belief in biological group identity. Obviously a person can't advocate for a group identity unless they believe in that group identity. Belief in biological group identity is the belief that "they're all the same". "They're all the same" and "they all have the same identity" mean exactly the same thing. People using the older phrasing didn't mean that every person they regarded as being a group identity were exactly the same, precise clones of each other. Adding the word "identity" is just expressing exactly the same belief in slightly better English.

2) Belieg that only the "right" biological group identity is worthy of consideration. That's the least extreme position possible for a biological group advocate as it merely dismisses the "wrong" biological group identity or identities. Mainstream biological group advocacy targets the "wrong" biological group identity or identities to some degree, using them as a scapegoat at the very least. That's prety much required for biological group advocates because they need to blame their victims in order to "justify" their position.

I think the most eloquent opposition to belief in biological group identity came from Martin Luther King when he talked about his dream of a society in which people are judged not by the colour of their skin but the content of their character. I think he was right and I extend that idea to all strains of belief in biological group identity. You think people should be judged not by the content of their character but by their sex. Or more precisely, by the collection of grotesque stereotypes you associate with each biological group identity you believe in so that you can "rationalise" your sexism. I think the opposite to you, unsurprisingly. I reject the entire idea of biological group identity because it's wrong both objectively and ethically.

So yes, I do see biological group advocacy as a form of extremism and inherently so. It comes in various strains with various degrees of extremism, but I think the entire concept is inherently extreme. The idea that some version of some trivial and mostly irrelevant biological characteristic should be attached to simplistic stereotypes and used to judge everyone and determine what rights and opportunities and status they have in society is, in my not at all humble opinion, an extremist position.

Christ you do talk some utter tripe on this subject. Don't project your prejudice on me. I do not think people should be judged by their skin colour, sex or any other identity group. The exact opposite. You seem to think we live in some utopia where these things don't exist and it doesn't happen. MLK did want that but guess what, we still aren't anywhere near being there. If he was still alive do you think he wouldn't still be campaigning for exactly that? You're saying that anyone pointing that out makes them "extremist" is laughable. People not pointing it out doesn't make it disappear.

You and others have jumped on the Daily Mail bandwagon and gone after this person when you have no idea what has really gone on and what she is like. You aren't judging her by her character. You are judging her by what the press that has gone after her tell you is her character. This is the tabloid press that will publish anything, go to any lengths to get a "story" even if their spin on it has no relation to reality. Its ridiculous reading comments in here that are taking points of these papers yet the "I never read the Daily mail/Sun/.Express" soon follows. No of course you don't. Maybe it will turn out that she is the person you claim she is. Maybe it will turn out its all a load of crap. The point is you don't know but you've made a judgement of her but you also want the moral high ground. You really are deluded on this.

Soldato
you don't need to read the Daily Mail, or, your, buzzfeeds, .. just watch the videos and interviews she made, and decide on her character.

maybe we are overthinking this ... they just want to bring up their child in Canada ...if you had the means would you ship-out ?

Soldato
Honestly the amount of men with issues in this thread is ridiculous. You genuinely feel threatened by women but would never admit it. I'd find the whole thing hilarious of it wasn't so ******* sad.

Top 5 posters in this thread:

Colonel_Klinck 48
dowie 36
Evangelion 27
chroniclard 26
StriderX 24

Woke Squad Hoooooooo! Defending the world's victim groups one post on an obscure computer forum at a time!

Man of Honour
Christ you do talk some utter tripe on this subject. Don't project your prejudice on me. I do not think people should be judged by their skin colour, sex or any other identity group. The exact opposite. [..]

You're contradicting yourself, so you must be lying. Simple as that. You publically judge people on their sex. You publically declare your allegience to an ideology which exists solely for that purpose. Then you claim you don't. Thise two things are mutually exclusive, so one of them must be a lie.

EDIT: I've just read the rest of your post and noticed you added some more untrue statements about me. No surprises there - you are a follower of an ideology of authoritarian bigotry and deception, so the truth is irrelevant to you.

But go on, have a go. Quote any post you think I've made about her that you think matches your entirely fictional claims. Do something utterly alien to you - look for evidence rather than making stuff up.

You know you can't. I know you can't. Anyone reading this thread knows you can't.

Permabanned
Everyone has a bias, I Boris facepalm when people say they are against x y g s v to sound like the ideal human being.

It is a bit like Sin and Tribalism, It lurks within all humans.

Soldato
Harry:

So have I got this right Doctor Daneeka -

Discussing my mother in public is not really cathartic, but I need to pay your consultancy fees,
and ... Meghan keeps asking for her Palladium card

Soldato
The "dumb blonde" was still being portrayed constantly. What's the male equivalent?

Literally, "Handsome dumb males, the movie"
s-l640.jpg

Back
Top Bottom