• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Soldato
Does anyone know where in the AMD settings I can set a global FPS limit?

I think it was removed in fav of chill. You might be able to set chill to what ud like the limit to be both min and max to the limit so for 60fps ud do both at 60, dunno if it works as good but somit to try perhaps till users demand it back and they give in.

Caporegime
Btw does Night Light (or F.lux) work for anyone running a V56?

For me it works until the screen enters standby mode, then when it comes out Night Light is off (much blue!).

A quick win,shift,control,b resets the driver and Night Light is working again.

But you know, that's a lot of effort. Just wondered if anyone else found this problem?

Soldato
Btw does Night Light (or F.lux) work for anyone running a V56?

For me it works until the screen enters standby mode, then when it comes out Night Light is off (much blue!).

A quick win,shift,control,b resets the driver and Night Light is working again.

But you know, that's a lot of effort. Just wondered if anyone else found this problem?

It works fine for me. IIRC, I had to change the Radeon display settings -> pixel format to full RGB.

Soldato
Nice find. I didnt know the 2060 was better, maybe because I was seeing tweaked vega perspectives where undervolts for example made it score better for more titles.

Tbf tweaked Vega 56 sits above it, even more so at 4K, but overall a 2060 is less fuss for the average joe. It's nice to see someone do a recent test though, even if the cards aren't set-up to show what they can really do.

Soldato
Tbf tweaked Vega 56 sits above it, even more so at 4K, but overall a 2060 is less fuss for the average joe. It's nice to see someone do a recent test though, even if the cards aren't set-up to show what they can really do.

Vega is actually a lot better, even when considering its flaws, than what a lot of people say or think. The problem is it's an enthusiasts card and not for the average joe, unless the average joe feels like spending 10-15 minutes reading about undervolting. That said, it's not like you have to do voltage mods and other hardware hacks to make it shine a bit. I have not won the lottery with my Vega 64, but with a downclock from stock 1630 to 1600 and an Undervolt from 1200 to 1025mv i can just edge out a 5700 non XT in games like gears 5. Considering the inefficiencies there is when it comes to gaming in the Vega architecture i find that good enough. And the funny thing is undervolting also worked wonders for older nvidia cards like the 980ti and the 1080ti. The 1080ti i had from inno3d had their 1080 cooler on it, it was poor but with an undervolt it just about managed to not throttle. I would like to see reviewers explorer these angles for both brands as well as stock performance.

Caporegime
The night mode in win 10 i was gona say the reboot driver cmd but u listed it in ur post and i didnt see.
Yeah it reliably fixes it every time, but you know, how much hassle it is to press Ctrl-alt-shift-B every couple hours. I mean, come on... I'm not as young and energetic as I used to be.

Caporegime
Is there a VSR bug with the 56? Two games I've run now and my computer BSODs when I run at 4K VSR, no issues with native 1440p and my 56 is running stock.

Soldato
Is there a VSR bug with the 56? Two games I've run now and my computer BSODs when I run at 4K VSR, no issues with native 1440p and my 56 is running stock.

Voltage issue probably. Vegas behave differently wrt voltage at below 4K compared to 4K & above. I run 5K VSR from time to time w/ V64. Play around with it in wattman, try dropping 100mhz on clocks and maybe -10% power limit, see if it's stable. If so, then you just gotta tweak it until you find its limits.

Back
Top Bottom