Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [17th - 23rd January 2020]

Soldato
How far through the season do we need to be before we stop talking about 'worst start since' and start talking about 'worst season since'? :p

fez

fez

Caporegime
Beaten by your biggest rivals, embarrassed at home to Burnley, knocked out of the Cup and then smashed by City. Surely he couldn't survive that if it were to happen?

Water off a ducks back mate. Good things come to those who wait. Talent and aptitude means nothing, it’s all about giving people time.

Don
Water off a ducks back mate. Good things come to those who wait. Talent and aptitude means nothing, it’s all about giving people time.
A point will come when it becomes a financial decision for the club. I mentioned in the summer that City would start turning over more money than Utd this season and the difference between Utd and Liverpool could be as little as 10% - the latest Deloitte money league's figures would suggest that my guestimates were conservative and that Utd could even fall behind Liverpool this season. It's not just missing out on £70-100m CL money, the difference in PL money under the new TV deal will be worth £20-25m between finishing 1st and 5th and then there's the commercial revenue. Utd's commercial revenue has been flat for years and missing out on the CL again will see a £21m reduction in your Adidas deal and you'll right now be attempting to renew or replace the Chevy deal that's up in 18 months, a deal that was already so overvalued that Chevy sacked the guy that done the deal.

Man of Honour
What I really don't get is, why didn't Woodward just employ a team of people who know football - lead by a Director of Football - to create a structure and recruit the right players.

It's bizarre.

Soldato
That was awful. Got to feel for Ole, this United squad is just dreadful. Even the ones that put in a bit of effort like Pereira just aren't good enough.

Lingard and Dalot on the bench...what can you do...

Don
United wont get a dof woodward wont give up his power to anyone and even if we did woodward would over rule them
Before anybody takes this the wrong way, I'm not suggesting he's not at fault as he's ultimately responsible for the overall running of the club but is there anything to suggest that he's power hungry and been playing god at Utd?

Back
Top Bottom