Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
6-DC738-C8-58-ED-4-B57-9-B53-C8100-F10-DC15.png

4449-E25-D-26-E7-4-A87-8-C24-822-ADA40472-B.png

Soldato

Those power levels look high to me. You'll need a tech out to adjust them or put an attenuator on the line. You need to post these on the VM support forums and ask for a tech, or phone up and hassle the phone support. Tell them your speeds are low and your power levels are too high, let them work through their script and look at the power levels remotely, and then they should send out a tech for you.

Soldato
Those power levels look high to me. You'll need a tech out to adjust them or put an attenuator on the line. You need to post these on the VM support forums and ask for a tech, or phone up and hassle the phone support. Tell them your speeds are low and your power levels are too high, let them work through their script and look at the power levels remotely, and then they should send out a tech for you.

Thanks mate I’ll give them a call tomorrow after work.

Soldato
Just a minor point, but power levels in different areas are different.
First issue I've had with Virgin Media tonight, got home and barely getting 10mbps when I should be on 100. Upload is perfect, rebooted the hub numerous times to no avail. Service status claiming no known issues.

Before going off on a tangent, how exactly are you testing this?

Soldato
Oh well good news...

I had a Virgin Engineer out last week, and the old lines have been uprooted when my "new build property" was in construction, and only BT broadband avalible, so couldnt do the installation. :(

Phone call this morning..Virgin..offered me a new contract of £79 p/m fot the Ultimate Omphh bundle as aposed to £89 p/m and I said "that sounds good, but I had an engineer out last week and was unable to get it"..

But according to Virgin, the lines are getting installed and I have service of a "double up engineer vistit" on the 6th of Feb to install Virgin. :)

Will update nearer the time, as im not 100% banking on it working, but seems promising to a certain degree.

Soldato
Had the same issue and they said could not do an install told them to book the permanent install team and run a temp cable so I had internet. He dug a shallow trench around the two gardens and then a few weeks later the team came and ran it under the slabs. So don't take any nonsense if they say it cant be done.

Soldato
When the engineer was out last week, he did say that about 100yards either side of my property there is the boxes/lines or whatever there for potential Virgin fibre..

And now, at either end where he stated, they are upheaving and have orange construction barriers around them..cannot be coincidence surely??

Im tempted to go out when I see them and say "oi! pal! this for Virgin fibre" :D :p

Soldato
When the engineer was out last week, he did say that about 100yards either side of my property there is the boxes/lines or whatever there for potential Virgin fibre..

And now, at either end where he stated, they are upheaving and have orange construction barriers around them..cannot be coincidence surely??

Im tempted to go out when I see them and say "oi! pal! this for Virgin fibre" :D :p

In simple terms the job failed as it required construction due to a crappy property developer, the construction is taking place and a two man install team has been booked for your new install date to do a new pull.

Soldato
So it looks like the SuperHub 4 might be rolled out to customers in congested areas even though they're not in 1GBPs enabled areas. The 4 supports channel bonding over more channels than the previous 3 so customers will see an improvement in speed in their area as long as the bonding change happens there too.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.p...tend-hub-4-broadband-router-availability.html

Great news for SuperHub 3 owners!

Last edited:
Soldato
I need to pop to my sisters house this afternoon and install a new VM router as she is getting their broadband package, anything I need to know, she has VM tv and its a ground floor flat, if that make any difference?

Thanks all

Soldato
I need to pop to my sisters house this afternoon and install a new VM router as she is getting their broadband package, anything I need to know, she has VM tv and its a ground floor flat, if that make any difference?

Thanks all

It literally needs plugging in and the coax feed screwing into the back and typing in the wifi password in on anything you want to use it. If an engineer is coming out they’ll go through all of this with her, if it’s a self install it’s basically idiot proof.

Soldato
It literally needs plugging in and the coax feed screwing into the back and typing in the wifi password in on anything you want to use it. If an engineer is coming out they’ll go through all of this with her, if it’s a self install it’s basically idiot proof.
Great so screw into the back of the router and screw into the wall mounted box?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom