• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is it worth buying a secondhand RTX 2080ti now ?

Soldato
5M/3440*1440 is a fair amount more to render above 2560*1440p

Wouldn't want less than a 2070S for modern titles maxed above 60fps

Permabanned
If the 3080ti was releasing in 3 days but you easily could get a 2080ti in 1-2 days and have a blast then would that be worth it if you were fated to be crushed by a falling piano on the morning of the third day?

Last edited:

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I personally wouldn't buy it.

They should have been £700-800 new, let alone second hand.

You've also got a potential space invaders failure with questionable second hand warranty

Soldato
OP
So guys how much do you think the 3080ti going to cost on release ?
And what the chances of them not being sold out straight away ?

The 3080ti could cost £1500 for all we know

Associate
So guys how much do you think the 3080ti going to cost on release ?
And what the chances of them not being sold out straight away ?

The 3080ti could cost £1500 for all we know

These days I dread to imagine, whatever you think is acceptable then add 20%, Thankfully I game at 1440p so I don't have to bother with buying that sort of card.

Soldato
New you can RMA, second hand you need to make sure you have the warranty under your name.
Someone won a RTX2070 in competition and has this issue, now trying to find how to RMA the card

I won a 2080ti and registering it with nvidia was a ballache as it wouldnt let me register it on their website as i couldnt select the 2080ti from the list of cards as it wasnt on the list. Had to live chat them to get it registered

Associate
I would buy it.

If you've got money for a 3000 series card then...
You've got resale value for both your 1080 and the 2080TI prices aren't going to drop considerably either.
At your res, the 2080TI should give you a reasonable increase in performance for the money, for now.

I would wait, unless you have absolutely no choice.

The RTX 2xxx range is likely to sell at some kind of discount to clear down the existing stock when the RTX 3xxx range launches.
Also no one knows at what price point BiG Navi is going to be coming in at.
IF it is faster and cheaper than the 2080ti who knows how this will effect Nvidia's pricing strategy across their entire range.

I am holding off upgrading my 1080ti.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I would wait, unless you have absolutely no choice.

The RTX 2xxx range is likely to sell at some kind of discount to clear down the existing stock when the RTX 3xxx range launches.
Also no one knows at what price point BiG Navi is going to be coming in at.
IF it is faster and cheaper than the 2080ti who knows how this will effect Nvidia's pricing strategy across their entire range.

I am holding off upgrading my 1080ti.
That easy to say

But it so not easy when you only have a GTX1080 to run games at 4k for what could be another 6+ months :(

Back
Top Bottom