• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RTX2060KO uses a failed RTX2080(TU104) die

Soldato
Indeed, after seeing that and after my previous post called the KO a joke card(i still sorta feel this way) perhaps I will stand corrected depending on what can be done with the card over time.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Its not guaranteed to be on all the 2060's though, and judging by the video from Steve where the board partners are not sure, it could always get locked out or make them do something to it. Brilliant if your into Blender and software that can use that free performance, but like his feedback shows - in gaming its not anything extra.

Only thing for certain is people will be wanting the KO and will be in short supply now.

Soldato
It is 3% faster at identical clockspeeds to the normal 2060. However... the 2060 can out clock it.

Nvidia lock down the power controls and without hard modding I don't think it is able to be worked around :( (Please correct me if I am wrong)

Permabanned
Unless there is a bios correct your locked, example 1080Ti FE could use the the 3rd party cards bioses which were 140% instead of 120% but users (myself inc) found the FE was faster clock per clock and I found it far hotter as the GPU Fan had about 1000RPM missing from it due to the 3rd party cards having bigger fans(s).

I ended up at 2100mhz Core anyhow on the EVGA FE bios without redoing TIM, wish I had but the fan acted up so it was an RMA (seemed a golden card too).

I have a 2100mhz Core Titan Xp (2017) now and since there is only one vendor (Nvidia) I am stuck with this bios.

Last edited:
Soldato
Unless there is a bios correct your locked, example 1080Ti FE could use the the 3rd party cards bioses which were 140% instead of 120% but users (myself inc) found the FE was faster clock per clock and I found it far hotter as the GPU Fan had about 1000RMP missing from it due to the 3rd party cards having bigger fans(s).

I ended up at 2100mhz Core anyhow on the EVGA FE bios without redoing TIM, wish I had but the fan acted up so it was an RMA (seem golden a card too).

I have a 2100mhz Core Titan Xp (2017) now and since there is only one vendor (Nvidia) I am stuck with this bios)

That's true. If this Frankenstein card can only be found from EVGA, the bios will always be limited unless they're feeling particularly generous at a later date.

That said, EVGA did release a 11GHz mem bios for my 1080 FTW. Was quite a nice bump for free.

Associate
Interesting that we are starting to see some movement and a TU104 being used in a lower part (failed or gimped). Imagine a 2080 part at 2060 prices which isn’t far off where they should be imho.

Associate
It is disappointing that Nvidia Gpu have become so controlled / locked down, use to have a lot of fun / satisfaction overclocking and tweaking and now it looks like this is starting to happen with Cpu`s . Come to think of it so is the world in general.

Back
Top Bottom