INTEL & AMD HIGH PERFORMANCE BUNDLES WITH BIG SAVINGS (CPU, MOBO & RAM) !!

Associate
This is now done, £765 is the best I can achieve sorry.

AMD 3900X Bundle - AMD 3900X, MSI MEG X570 Unify, 8 Pack 16GB 3600MHz Bundle @ £765.00 inc VAT

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X OEM Processor, MSI X570 MEG Unify Motherboard, 8 PACK 16GB 3600MHz Dual Channel memory, You need to select cooler from our website, SAVE MONEY WITH THIS BUNDLE

Only £765.00 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

I have placed the order. Much appreciated Gibbo looking forward to building it soon once some other bits arrive.

Associate
Associate
i'm temped to upgrade my PC with the intel option, what sort of CPU cooler would I need? Would the following air coolers be OK with the specced overclocks? NH-D15 Chromax, BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Cooler or would I need one of the all in one liquid coolers.

Associate
i'm temped to upgrade my PC with the intel option, what sort of CPU cooler would I need? Would the following air coolers be OK with the specced overclocks? NH-D15 Chromax, BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Cooler or would I need one of the all in one liquid coolers.

IMO The NH-D15 and Dark Rock Pro 4 are at the top end of air cooling. They trade blows with several AIOs. Both should be able to handle the 9900KS @ 5.1 however make sure what ever case you are using has room for them as the rock pro 4 is huge.

There are also AIO options which are in a similar price bracket to the dark rock pro 4 which may give a lower temp and better case air flow.

Soldato
OcUK Staff
OP
As I already said bundles using 9900KS, 3950X, 3900X and threadrippers, I am open to creating new bundles for those who want something different than current bundles offer.
Other CPUs I am afraid not much we can do sorry.

Soldato
As I already said bundles using 9900KS, 3950X, 3900X and threadrippers, I am open to creating new bundles for those who want something different than current bundles offer.

Thanks Gibbo. I'm just looking for advice rather than asking for a specific bundle. I probably won't upgrade for 5+ Years so want the best value/features for money.

Associate

@Gibbo

Is there any chance you could do a 3900X bundle with either a Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi or a Strix X570-E as I need Wi-Fi on the board and since I am in the Asus ecosystem I’d rather stay with them to manage bloatware.

Associate
Thanks Gibbo. I'm just looking for advice rather than asking for a specific bundle. I probably won't upgrade for 5+ Years so want the best value/features for money.

@Prophet

Hi Prophet

It depends on your budget and what you will use the system for? For most users, an 8-Core 16-Thread Ryzen 3700X is more than enough and is currently below MSRP at £289.99. Ideally it would be paired with a kit of 16GB 8-Pack 3600MHz CL16 memory as this is the sweetspot for Ryzen 3000 series processors. If you want to do video editing or rendering then perhaps consider there 12-Core 24-Thread Ryzen 3900X is a good choice along with a 32GB kit of 3600MHz CL16 memory kit.

Motherboards are more a personal preference, I would recommend sticking with either Asus or Gigabyte as these X570 motherboards have good power delivery, features, and thermals. For most users either the Asus Strix X570-F (no Wi-Fi), Asus Strix X570-E (includes Wi-Fi 6), Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, or Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite is more than enough. Whilst B450 and X470 boards will be fine, these lack support for Wi-Fi 6 and PCI-E Gen 4.0 and whilst these features aren’t important now, if your planning to keep the system for 5 years then I would go with X570 to ensure you have an upgrade path.

Not sure what graphics card or monitor your have, personally I would wait on the next generation of cards due later this year from nVidia and AMD, especially if you are looking at the higher end. The Radeon 5700XT is a good 1440p card as is the RTX2070 Super. NVidia have just announced some price cuts, especially for the RTX2060 that should reduce the cost of basic cards to on or about £300, this is a sure sign that newer cards are coming as generally nVidia don’t cut prices. I have noticed the Asus ROG Strix 2080ti is also now below $1000 in the US

Hope that helps!

Regards ilc72

Soldato
@Prophet

Hi Prophet

It depends on your budget and what you will use the system for? For most users, an 8-Core 16-Thread Ryzen 3700X is more than enough and is currently below MSRP at £289.99. Ideally it would be paired with a kit of 16GB 8-Pack 3600MHz CL16 memory as this is the sweetspot for Ryzen 3000 series processors. If you want to do video editing or rendering then perhaps consider there 12-Core 24-Thread Ryzen 3900X is a good choice along with a 32GB kit of 3600MHz CL16 memory kit.

Motherboards are more a personal preference, I would recommend sticking with either Asus or Gigabyte as these X570 motherboards have good power delivery, features, and thermals. For most users either the Asus Strix X570-F (no Wi-Fi), Asus Strix X570-E (includes Wi-Fi 6), Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, or Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite is more than enough. Whilst B450 and X470 boards will be fine, these lack support for Wi-Fi 6 and PCI-E Gen 4.0 and whilst these features aren’t important now, if your planning to keep the system for 5 years then I would go with X570 to ensure you have an upgrade path.

Not sure what graphics card or monitor your have, personally I would wait on the next generation of cards due later this year from nVidia and AMD, especially if you are looking at the higher end. The Radeon 5700XT is a good 1440p card as is the RTX2070 Super. NVidia have just announced some price cuts, especially for the RTX2060 that should reduce the cost of basic cards to on or about £300, this is a sure sign that newer cards are coming as generally nVidia don’t cut prices. I have noticed the Asus ROG Strix 2080ti is also now below $1000 in the US

Hope that helps!

Regards ilc72

Thanks ilc72 that's great info!

I'll take a look at those motherboards and see what take my fancy. I'd ideally like a full fat M.2 drive and maybe the option to add another without losing any SATA functionality. Do you have any recommendations?

Not sure I've seen any 32GB 3600 kits at CAS16. I'll go hunting.

Thanks again! :)

Associate

I'll take a look at those motherboards and see what take my fancy. I'd ideally like a full fat M.2 drive and maybe the option to add another without losing any SATA functionality. Do you have any recommendations?

as for nvme m.s ssd id recommend the corsair MP510 for its reasonable price and good performance. personally I have two of the 2TB ones, but heres the 1TB
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...d-state-drive-cssd-f960gbmp510-hd-065-cs.html

Associate

no you tend not to see 32gb 3600 kits at CAS16 - and if you do they are expensive (and I don't think that you will notice any real world difference).

you could buy two of these kits for a reasonable price https://www.overclockers.co.uk/patr...dual-channel-kit-pvs416g360c7k-my-104-pa.html

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi Gibbo

I have 2 x 16GB 8-Pack 3600Mhz kits already, so preferably 3900X and Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi or Strix X570-E motherboard only if possible?

Bundles have to include CPU, RAM and Motherboard I am afraid, we cannot justify any discount when it is just CPU and mainboard sorry.

Associate
Bundles have to include CPU, RAM and Motherboard I am afraid, we cannot justify any discount when it is just CPU and mainboard sorry.

Thanks @Gibbo for replying, stupid question but if I “return” the sealed 8-Pack RAM as it’s unused would that help?

Alternatively I can speak to sales as I’m looking for a new O11D XL case and distroplate and see if they can bundle something.

Back
Top Bottom