The Division 2 - March 2019

Associate
Does seem a bit naff. I remember spending months trying to better the DtE bonuses on my mask.

Frankly the grind got a bit tedious, and got bored. I do miss playing with the OCUK clan though (@labbby you still playing this?) those countless attempts at trying to take down boomer as soon as the raid was released.

Not a lot tbh mate, tinkering with Hardcore but as soon as i log on to level some more i get mad because its such a lazy way to add new content. I'm keeping my eyes on what they give us instead of DTE, if they destroy my main build i'm done ha.

I'' check out the new raid, if it ever drops, but i ill be taking my old raid build with me :D

Man of Honour
If they’re going to start changing up stuff that’s been at the core of The Division then I’m out. That’s pulling a Dice/EA.

Seriously, I despair at modern game devs.

Yeah hate it when devs do that - I've quit more than one game because of it. Glad I find TD2 unplayable and didn't invest in it.

Associate
I honestly don't mind devs doing it, happened in Div 1, now Div 2 and even Destiny 2 drastically changed how gear works with there gear 2.0.

Freshens things up, but Div 2 desperately needed a new way of doing things as it's terrible at the moment. I've put 940hrs into Div 2 with plenty of optimized builds and it will be a pain in the ass once the gear drastically changes but at least it will be something new to chase.

Soldato
It appears that Ubisoft is very anti consumer and doesn’t support refunds.

That’s one digital store to avoid. I thought that was the only perk these days of buying direct.

Soldato
I recently got this but can’t play for longer than 20 minutes. The gameplay feels soulless. :(

Can I request a refund from Uplay?

I'm struggling with it too.

Story doesn't feel as strong as the first, not that it was amazing but it kept you going. Coming from Red Dead 2 to this makes it extra difficult

Man of Honour
I recently got this but can’t play for longer than 20 minutes. The gameplay feels soulless. :(

Can I request a refund from Uplay?

Yeah it is kind of hard to describe but it feels so textbook like they implemented features just to tick off the boxes rather than any real passion or drive to develop something. I've played the first game to death but I can still jump in and play it from time to time.

I don't understand how most people are so accepting of the movement either I find it horrific - it is seriously like having someone sitting beside you randomly jerking your arm it is that jarring on the experience for me.

Soldato
A couple of things I still find ******* annoying that seem to have been imported directly from the first game is how enemies seem to know exactly where you are despite there being no way for them to know, and how their shotguns can hit you like a sledgehammer at ranges that yours are completely ineffective at.

Man of Honour
A couple of things I still find ******* annoying that seem to have been imported directly from the first game is how enemies seem to know exactly where you are despite there being no way for them to know, and how their shotguns can hit you like a sledgehammer at ranges that yours are completely ineffective at.

Even funnier when another player wakes them up but they make a beeline for you hiding behind a box 2 rooms away kind of thing :s it is relatively little things like that which make me reluctant to part with my money for games any more - despite being a great game in many ways so many things in TD1 that are in need of someone just going back in doing a final polish pass.

Soldato
Unfortunately there isn't as it tries to scale as you level up. Used to be much harder at launch but people complained it was too hard and they nerfed the difficulty :(

How about end game?

I'm on world tier 3 right now and I'm not far from 4, I mostly solo but I'm finding the game a tad on the easy side now I'm accustomed to the mechanics.

Associate
How about end game?

I'm on world tier 3 right now and I'm not far from 4, I mostly solo but I'm finding the game a tad on the easy side now I'm accustomed to the mechanics.

It's about the same at end game as long as you keep your gear fairly optimized, the only really challenging end game content is heroic missions.

bums!

Is it better to sell gear or deconstruct it? Not something I really bothered with in the first game

I tend to do a bit of both unless I'm capped on materials, the materials do cap out eventually then you may as well sell everything after that.

Soldato
It's about the same at end game as long as you keep your gear fairly optimized, the only really challenging end game content is heroic missions.

Thanks for the response.

I'll keep at it into WT4 and see how things go once I'm properly geared. I suspect part of my 'problem' is that I'm overly optimised for solo play without really intending to be, but at the same time I'm not going to play in a way I don't enjoy simply to boost the challenge.

Associate
Why no expansion yet?

Episode 3 should be out in February with more missions, the second raid won't be out for months unfortunately. But gear 2.0 will be out sometime after episode 3 so that'll be a lot more grinding again.

• Episode 3 will be free for all players when it arrives in February.
  • There will be no Public Test Server rounds for Episode 3, as there are no balance changes that need to be tested.
  • Episode 3 adds a new area, New York’s Coney Island.
  • The Cleaners, a New York faction from the first The Division, will return.
  • Two new main missions
  • Two classified assignments
  • One Specialization, which will be revealed at a later date.
  • A new Exotic, the Kameleon, an SMG that changes colors to match your surroundings.
  • Year One Pass provides access to the Classified Assignments and instantly unlocks the new Specialization.

Associate
Episode 3 should be out in February with more missions, the second raid won't be out for months unfortunately. But gear 2.0 will be out sometime after episode 3 so that'll be a lot more grinding again.

It better be snowy NY not summer NY :D
  • There will be no Public Test Server rounds for Episode 3, as there are no balance changes that need to be tested.
  • Two new main missions
  • A new Exotic, the Kameleon, an SMG that changes colors to match your surroundings.
  • Year One Pass provides access to the Classified Assignments and instantly unlocks the new Specialization.

Soldato

• Two new main missions

That all sounds pretty small, sorry I've been out of the loop for a while. Are there any destiny type paid expansions planned or just small free content dlc like these episodes?

Back
Top Bottom