***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Caporegime
Thought I'd have a go of Dayz SA, the usual 5 min play and uninstall again, but was surprised how good it runs now!

Only thing is upon trying to find modded servers just for more zombies/more loot and perhaps less food/hunger drain and every server I can find is full to the brim of requirements. I DON'T CARE ABOUT BUILDING! :( I just want to play a busy but minimal modded server with more Zombies and Loot

Associate
Try Spaggie servers they are minimum modded apart from the night cycle being bit faster - under community servers

i play with a good group of guys we have a decent little discreet base, base building i thoroughly enjoy on this

Soldato
OP
I was gob smacked the other day to join a arma 3 dayz server ACOG or something gaming. It some how felt like i was playing Dayz standalone without all the absolute rubbish!

They had 1/2 missions up at a time. Brilliant server. Just thing i'm done with gathering and rinse repeat.

We're on Awol server which is a well balanced mil serve with exile. Really good

Soldato
I don't think DayZ will ever feel like how it did when you played the A2 mod for the first time.

My friends and I loved that game but most of us are in a different place in life now and don't have the ability to play for hours on end.

Associate
Started playing this again but it seems considerably harder to find food that I last remember. I believe there is now modded servers? I presume modded servers will up food and the like? Anyone recommend a modded, not over the top server?

Soldato
Played this for the first time, it seems like it's in a pretty good place now imho. It runs really well and looks ok. I don't really know the full mechanics but it's got that old mod vibe about it I think when playing with mates. Makes me miss the beer drinkers server.

Associate
Ok guys, so i only play DayZ these days and am looking to upgrade the 3060Ti.. i read a lot about low fps in cities on AMD with this game. So my question is for those playing DayZ on AMD recent gens like 68/7800 series.. is this still true? Im looking at getting a 7800XT or a 4070.. i have no issues in DayZ with my 3060TI, i just want more VRAM and a more powerful card for longevity.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok guys, so i only play DayZ these days and am looking to upgrade the 3060Ti.. i read a lot about low fps in cities on AMD with this game. So my question is for those playing DayZ on AMD recent gens like 68/7800 series.. is this still true? Im looking at getting a 7800XT or a 4070.. i have no issues in DayZ with my 3060TI, i just want more VRAM and a more powerful card for longevity.

Cheers.

I think the general consensus at the moment is that if you don't need to upgrade then try and hold off.

GPUs are silly expensive for what they are these days, AMD just don't have the tech to do any Ray Tracing at the moment, and the 4070 only has 12GB of VRAM, meaning that in a few years that might not be enough with how most PC games these days are shoddy console ports.

If you can hold off to see how the landscape develops, I would.

Or just buy a 4090 :cry:

Associate
I think the general consensus at the moment is that if you don't need to upgrade then try and hold off.

GPUs are silly expensive for what they are these days, AMD just don't have the tech to do any Ray Tracing at the moment, and the 4070 only has 12GB of VRAM, meaning that in a few years that might not be enough with how most PC games these days are shoddy console ports.

If you can hold off to see how the landscape develops, I would.

Or just buy a 4090 :cry:
Well DayZ rarely uses 6GB VRAM so 12GB is plenty on the 4070, only other thing i do is Dj online. I just need to know if AMD still sucks in DayZ :)

Soldato
so no DayZ players using AMD? Bit of a shocker if true.
I think you need to see the date of the last post in this thread before you revived it! It was 29th August 2020. It's been a long long time since I've played it.

And just checked, it's not even installed on my PC any more, after having played it for years! Very fond memories of it though.

Maybe the DayZ forum itself can help? I think the interest here in the game, or at least the vocal, posting people, have stopped monitoring this thread.

Last edited:
Associate
I think you need to see the date of the last post in this thread before you revived it! It was 29th August 2020. It's been a long long time since I've played it.

And just checked, it's not even installed on my PC any more, after having played it for years! Very fond memories of it though.

Maybe the DayZ forum itself can help? I think the interest here in the game, or at least the vocal, posting people, have stopped monitoring this thread.
DayZ had its record player numbers earlier this year so i assumed there would be someone here with a little help.

I'd love to go with a 7800XT but i dont wana end up having to send it back if i still get stuttering like i did my last few AMD cards.. guess im gona have to go with Nvidia again.

Just wana buy a card and it works without the RMA ballaches lol

Soldato
DayZ had its record player numbers earlier this year so i assumed there would be someone here with a little help.

I'd love to go with a 7800XT but i dont wana end up having to send it back if i still get stuttering like i did my last few AMD cards.. guess im gona have to go with Nvidia again.

If their specific forum is still up and running maybe you can get more useful responses from there? Or Reddit maybe?

I used to play it on an AMD R9 390 but that's years ago now and with all the development since it'll be useless information on my experience (the same original juddery mess as everyone, yet still addictive!).

Soldato

I play this and my last card was a 6700xt and my current is a 6900xt and no stuttering issues here, My friend has a Vega 64 and he has not complained about stuttering.
I was not even aware of AMD and stuttering was a thing, my 2 pence anyway..

Associate
I play this and my last card was a 6700xt and my current is a 6900xt and no stuttering issues here, My friend has a Vega 64 and he has not complained about stuttering.
I was not even aware of AMD and stuttering was a thing, my 2 pence anyway..
Hey thanks for that, much appreciated buddy.. gives me confidence to try AMD again now, cheers!

Back
Top Bottom