**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Phone prices are becoming a joke. Still rocking my Galaxy S8 from day one. Was hoping to get a new Galaxy phone.
But with those sort of price, I'm gonna hava to look elsewhere

Associate
Phone prices are becoming a joke. Still rocking my Galaxy S8 from day one. Was hoping to get a new Galaxy phone.
But with those sort of price, I'm gonna hava to look elsewhere

That's why I never pay UK retail prices. I always import which is always cheaper.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Give it a month and the prices will drop but not too much. Like the S10 did really. Also remember QuidCo cashback offers and stuff. I will likely import an SD865 model.

Soldato
Contracts do offer the best value and discounts a lot of the time when it comes to flagship devices.

Also noticed a Focus Mode after the 10 update (unless it was there before?), quite like it compared to Do Not Distrub to stop me playing with the phone when I need to concentrate on getting some work done.

Associate
Luckily my upgrades not till September so prices should have dropped by then. Will probably be standard S20 for me. 6.2 inch screen is perfect for me. My S9 is still super fast and great camera it’s totally replaced my compact camera now and I only use my DSLR For landscape photography and civil aviation photography.

Associate
Was hoping for a nice colour option, had space grey iPhone for years and was nice going to a green S10. Bit bored of grey.

Soldato
I know they are (some of) the 5G prices but that's laughable.

They're going to pitch them at the same price as an iPhone with equivalent storage. Apple is responsible for the phone price escalator - where they go, others like Samsung will eagerly follow, but they need Apple to provide the 'justification' first.

Soldato
The price of the Ultra is pretty ridiculous, however I plan to make it last for 4 years. It shouldn't be an issue for me considering I am still using my launch S8 now so that has lasted 3 years and without ever using a case too. I will certainly get a case next time though.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I think especially in todays day, it might be worth splurging on the top flagship as they tend to last far longer than the phones of 4-5 years ago.

If you buy a S20 ultra, you'll be good for at least 3 years unless you really want some new feature or something that you don't get with this. But by the looks of things, this seems incredible and has pretty much everything you could want at the moment.

Associate
The S20 Ultra sounds impressive, I'm wondering if it's too big though. I'm currently using the Note 10+ and fancied a slightly smaller phone.

The S20 plus or S20 would have been nice but they don't have the same camera spec, this for me is the weak point on the Note10+ and the main reason I would upgrade.

The only other challenge I have at this price is the level of software updates, at least with Apple you know you are going to get timely updates for a number of years.

For the first time in years I'm contemplating going back to Apple with the 11 Pro for something smaller with a decent camera. Had many Pixels but the 4 was just disappointing.

Associate
Yeah the thing I liked about the S10 series was the camera consistency. The only addition on the S10+ was the depth sensor on the front. I suppose Samsung creates a bigger reason to upsell this time around.

Getting an S10 still felt like getting a flagship phone. The regular S20 feels like a much more cut down version, and less of a flagship, and I doubt that will be reflected in the price.

Associate
That price is eye watering. Looks like I'm officially in the game of buying nearly one year old flagships going forwards. I'm still rocking my 2xl as I'm not seeing the value in the new flagships.

Soldato
Same. Will keep any eye eglobalcentral and eBay

I know the main reason for the different SOCs is the patent deal with Qualcomm but is there a relatively large difference between them our is it marginal, slight increase in battery performance etc?. Pretty sure the camera performance will be the same, and let's face it that's the carrot for the majority of buyers.

Even though in the past I've dropped some serious money on import devices I'd probably think twice about a grey import at £1200+, especially if Samsung provide a years free premium cover with the Ultra as they do with the fold. Also I can't see the import prices ( including tax ) being that cheaper for a good few months. If you want to get it for less, you'll need to be patient.

Soldato
Well unfortunately I'm one of the unlucky ones when it comes to this Exynos vs Snapdragon debate. Battery on mobile data on my S10e is absolute dog **** and I get around 3 and a half hours of SoT before 5%.

In real life usage that's equates to having to top up my phone during the day or else it's dead by 7pm which never happened on any phone that I can remember.

On WiFi it's fine and almost double that and I never had issues with S7 Edge Exynow on Three network so clearly something hasn't quite gone right with 9820 chip design.

I've tried every fix under the sun and battery is healthy and at full capacity and there's been quite a few in S10 thread and internet with similar experiences.

Hoping they learn their lessons with S20 but if I do decide to upgrade (love S10e but battery life is awful) and it's doing the same, I'm not waiting for any battery optimisation or whatever nonsense they tell you and returning within 14 days.

Associate
I know the main reason for the different SOCs is the patent deal with Qualcomm but is there a relatively large difference between them our is it marginal, slight increase in battery performance etc?. Pretty sure the camera performance will be the same, and let's face it that's the carrot for the majority of buyers.

Better battery life and superior GPU, you'll notice this with emulators.

Back
Top Bottom