• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Personally I put these "rumours" as more unlikely than others I've read.
I would be extremely surprised if actual selling prices had been finalised at this stage - with them wanting to see what the market is doing, how rivals price and the like.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Well if it's true then my guess is it's purely so that they can advertise "starting at 450€" but the bulk of them will be 1tb.
Basically this. This is why I always thought they would do it. Good for advertising and good for people who already have to stretch and want to make that 10% saving. Just makes good business sense. If consumers want to pay more for bigger versions, they are free to do so.

I am sure in a couple of years they will phase it out and the 1tb version will become the standard version.

I don't see the point of a 500GB PS5. My 500GB PS4 filled up after I installed 3 games (well 4 if you include "Flow") and then failed to install updates to those games.

1TB should be the minimum imo, but maybe they'll phase out the 500GB model in the next couple of years.

Associate
You sound like a lot of people on this forum :D

Anyone that has 4K already should be fine for the most part. Only thing that would itch me to buy something over and above what I have (LG 55" C7) would be to get one with HDMI 2.1 so last years C9 or this years BX/CX. This would only be a consideration if some AAA games can sustainably go over 60fps on PS5 of course.

Shawrey

Soldato
I have my eyes on the LG CX48 will be ideal, though OLED image retention has me worried.

The AVR I can wait as I can always use ARC for sound and connect anything 4k direct to the TV.

Soldato
That can't be right, why would they release the same capacity as the current one (excluding the fact it's an ssd). Seems daft to me as games will only get bigger, although i must be alone in only having a couple of games installed at once.

Caporegime
Seems daft to me as games will only get bigger, although i must be alone in only having a couple of games installed at once.

That's not necessarily true. A lot of data has to be duplicated for games on disc/HDD. With an SSD with no seek times, data duplication can be eliminated. So games might get smaller. And Sony have said that you can choose which parts of a game to install. If you don't like multiplayer, you won't have to install that bit. If you're playing single player and you've reached chapter 4, then you can uninstall chapters 1-3. Well that's if the developers actually implement all those new features. :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
That's not necessarily true. A lot of data has to be duplicated for games on disc/HDD. With an SSD with no seek times, data duplication can be eliminated. So games might get smaller. And Sony have said that you can choose which parts of a game to install. If you don't like multiplayer, you won't have to install that bit. If you're playing single player and you've reached chapter 4, then you can uninstall chapters 1-3. Well that's if the developers actually implement all those new features. :p
Yeah. I recon I would be fine with 500Gb based on that and my current usage. I am barely using that much now and I have 11 games installed on my PS4 Pro, most being the exclusives I have missed out on. They are around 40-50GB each. I usually never have more than a handful of games at a time, so I recon I would be fine with 500gb. Only reason I got 11 right now is because of only just getting a PS4 Pro and wanting to catch up on all the exclusives. Horses for courses though. Plus I play games on PC too, so probably not stuck with just one platform like some who do not game on PC.

Soldato
Im gonna need as much internal storage as I can get unless the PS5 has the capability to run external SSD on gen 2 type C or thunderbolt....

(Or the mysterious cartridge patent is some new fangled external storage solution!) :p

Soldato
I imagine it’s a NVME Drive in a fancy box. Hopefully as per the PS4 you can remove the drive and swap it for a larger one. It will be a bit of a bummer if Sony no longer allow this and charge for a proprietary unit.

Soldato
I imagine it’s a NVME Drive in a fancy box. Hopefully as per the PS4 you can remove the drive and swap it for a larger one. It will be a bit of a bummer if Sony no longer allow this and charge for a proprietary unit.
Sony using a proprietary media storage device, they would never do that :D

Soldato
For no reason at all (or maybe because I saw a 'fan render' of some sort), I'm expecting the console to come with whatever storage size it comes with, but have expansion slots for an additional cartridge.

Back
Top Bottom