*** The official 2018 MacBook Pro thread (it has six cores and everything!) ***

Soldato
I didn't see any mention of a distinction between demo units and any other sort of unit, just that I should get the same ability to inspect as if I'd gone into a shop. You added lots of words to pad out your assertion but i don't see where the distinction is made clear in consumer law.

I don't mean this provocatively but it sounds like you have an online shop or something and are quite defensive in favour of the rights of the business.

Distance selling rights are different for a good reason, so that consumers don't end up with products that are unsuitable. For the elderly or disabled (I am neither) in particular, they need to be able to buy in confidence without having consumer law thrown at them when a product is genuinely unsuitable.

Returns are a part of business and should be treated as a cost of doing business.

Soldato
An HP Envy 360 with 16gb, 512ssd, amd graphics and CPU, the model numbers if which I cant remember.

To me it's only ok, but I'm a desktop kind of guy.

Soldato
Now who’s making assertions and you couldn’t be more wrong. :rolleyes:

The consumer contracts regs are good because it gives you a chance to inspect (not use) the item which you obviously can’t do when purchased online. It acts as a cooling off period, but again, that isn’t a trial period...

Where you are correct is that returns are a cost of doing business but that doesn’t mean the law gives you the right to use something for a week and then return it for a full refund because you later decide you don’t want it, it’s really that simple. A retailer may accept a return in this circumstance because, generally it’s in their interest to keep customers happy but that doesn’t make it a consumer right and they have zero obligation to do so.

As one of the first replies said to you, the only place that has a 2 week no quibbles, return for any reason policy on Apple stuff is Apple themselves.

Soldato
Did you buy online or in store?

Pretty sure they couldn't do this if it was bought online

The Mac is refunded. If it wasn't for your posts I'd have likely just made it a business purchase (with a very limited need), but JL accepted the return after I spoke to them again.

Cheers :)

Soldato
The Mac is refunded. If it wasn't for your posts I'd have likely just made it a business purchase (with a very limited need), but JL accepted the return after I spoke to them again.

Cheers :)
Glad it got sorted and happy to help :)

Hope she likes the HP... dislike their tiny trackpads personally but otherwise decent laptops!

Commissario
Mine's going to have to go in for repair again, spacebar is double tapping and the trackpad is making a strange clicking sound every now and then :(

Back
Top Bottom