Kolink PSU problem

Associate
Hey All,

New to the forum but not a new customer overall :)
Just wondering if anyone has much experience to share about the Kolink Enclave 600W?

I bought one recently along with an RTX2060 super. The RTX is fantastic but the PSU seems to have died after two weeks... PSU cuts off after 5-10 mins, even tried on UPS for stable power... tested PC with a known good PSU and works fine.

Now, I'm sure there won't be a problem with sending it back, as it's brand new. Problem is in the meantime I will have to buy another PSU locally tomorrow to get my rig working again.

Did I just get a bad one? Is it worth getting another one as a replacement or should I just get a refund?
Considering I'll probably go and buy a Corsair one tomorrow anyway.

Thanks for any experience you have :)

Man of Honour
Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

While the new Kolink psu's appear to be better on paper than the original poor quality ones I still wouldn't touch one. What you should have got instead was the Bitfenix Formula Series 550w for a extra £2. It's not modular but it is a better quality psu and has a 5 year warranty compared to the Kolink's miserly 3 years which is poor for a Gold rated psu. Take it as a lesson learnt and get a refund then buy a quality psu from a established and trusted manufacturer.

Soldato
No matter how expensive, there's no single product without occasional bad/weak individuals, but Kolink is certainly cheap less trustworthy brand.
Whose lack of trust on their own products is expressed in short warranty.

Corsair's brand sticker doesn't guarantee any automatic quality.
For example while it should have some minimum quality level in meeting fire/electric safety regulations, VS serie is from time of Hadrian's Wall in timescale of PC tech.

For surer quality you need 80+ Gold efficiency, though there are now also cheap builds with it by cheap brands.

Associate
OP
Well as it turns out, the motherboard is at fault! A "good working motherboard" from a friend.. thanks :p
Got the Kolink in another PC at its working so I'll be cancelling my RMA and keeping it :)

Soldato
You sure motherboard is faulty?
As you got PC to work with another PSU and that Kolink might have output quality problem.

Back
Top Bottom