• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1366 X58 Xeon 5650

Soldato
Good excuse to upgrade a 10 year old system
Yeah I moved over to a ryzen 5 3600 last year and it was a nice jump in performance and efficiency though I will always have fond memories of x58 and it really taught me how to overclock, 50% clock boosts on nowadays CPUs are unheard of but I guess they come pre overclocked for you right out the box.

Soldato
Yeah I moved over to a ryzen 5 3600 last year and it was a nice jump in performance and efficiency though I will always have fond memories of x58 and it really taught me how to overclock, 50% clock boosts on nowadays CPUs are unheard of but I guess they come pre overclocked for you right out the box.

I've got 1 rig left. Asus rampage extreme and a x5670. I don't want to let go of it even tho I'm not using it now and it's dropping in price. :D

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Not sure what your referring to? Is something going to change?

My point is if someone wants to run high volts through a £8 chip who cares if it dies? I wouldn't, that's for sure. If temps get to high the system will shut down. If it's kept cool it will just degenerate the CPU resulting in it dying anyway. Very unlikely to kill the board and another can be bought for £8
Please show me where you can get a decent X58 mobo for £8 :confused::eek:
I'm not talking about the board.

"Very unlikely to kill the board and another can be bought for £8"... "I'm not talking about the board." :confused::confused::confused:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
No need to quote it all.... Why so bitchy. Like I said I was talking about the CPU. It was worded wrong. Get over it.

You came into this thread struggling to overclock your new setup and contributing to the conversation, which is cool, but the past two pages you're acting like you know it all and quite frankly talking rubbish and disagreeing with other members with more experience... not cool.

Soldato
You came into this thread struggling to overclock your new setup and contributing to the conversation, which is cool, but the past two pages you're acting like you know it all and quite frankly talking rubbish and disagreeing with other members with more experience... not cool.

What? New set up? I stuck my x58 rig under the stairs 2 years ago. When have I struggled? 4.2 @ 1.3v iisnt struggling at all.

I haven't disagreed with anyone. I'm just stating my opinion.

Maybe find some more posts to quote?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
What? New set up? I stuck my x58 rig under the stairs 2 years ago. When have I struggled? 4.2 @ 1.3v iisnt struggling at all.

I haven't disagreed with anyone. I'm just stating my opinion.

Maybe find some more posts to quote?

On the previous page you are dismissing advice from others that overclocking presents a risk to the mobo, and claiming mobos cost £8. You escalated by calling me bitchy for no apparent reason other than pointing out that you have contradicted yourself.

"When have I struggled... Maybe find some more posts to quote"... as requested:

Hi

Just got a rampage 2 extreme, for some reason no matter what I try I cant get the ram to run at 1600mhz will only run at 1000mhz.

I've tried xmp and setting manually still with no joy. Could it be because it's got 6 sticks? There lots of saved bios settings from the last person and they have set it up manually and all was ok. But the cpu that came with it was a 920 not a x5650

could anyone give me some help on getting my x5650 to clock higher. cant seem to get it passed 3.6 even with 1.4v just doesnt boot at all. stays on a black screen before bios

i had a little bash myself then i followed the template on the link below

http://www.overclock.net/t/687592/asus-rampage-ii-extreme-overclocking-guide

any ideas?

I've tried higher on both and it won't boot :(

Soldato
On the previous page you are dismissing advice from others that overclocking presents a risk to the mobo, and claiming mobos cost £8. You escalated by calling me bitchy for no apparent reason other than pointing out that you have contradicted yourself.

"When have I struggled... Maybe find some more posts to quote"... as requested:

4 years ago. Omg... Lol

Also mentioned twice before I was talking about a CPU you sure, carry with this bitchyness. I don't mind.

I've finally got myself a stalker yay!

Associate
Soldato
Guys quick question i have got my x5670 to 4.01 ghz and gets a score of 1697 on cinabench,Quick question guys i have 12 gig of ram,i was just wondering is it possible to speed up the ram as i left it on automatic as i havent a clue about this,I got the overclock from maxxonoc here
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/1366-x58-xeon-5650.18618052/page-181
Also here is cpuz details of the ram,Any help would be great guys
https://ibb.co/znL5p8Q

the ram multiplier is set to 6, could try changing to 8 or 10 though 10 maybe pushing it. in maxxonocs bios this setting is the "System memory multiplier (SPD)"
You may also need to adjust the uncore ratio so it remains double the ram speed.
Changing the ram multi to 8 should bring the speed up to 1456 then change uncore ratio to 16

Last edited:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
4 years ago. Omg... Lol

Also mentioned twice before I was talking about a CPU you sure, carry with this bitchyness. I don't mind.

I've finally got myself a stalker yay!

I'm not being bitchy at all, so stop trying to make something up that isn't. It is your responses that are distasteful and argumentative.

"Very unlikely to kill the board and another can be bought for £8"... any person with a GCSE level of grammar would agree that this sentence states that the board can be replaced for £8.

"I've tried higher on both and it won't boot :(" .. This post, and the others I quoted, clearly show that you were struggling; so it makes no sense for you to claim that you've never struggled with your X58 system.

You keep telling yourself what you want, which is probably best as I'm not bothering with you anymore.

Soldato
stop trying to make something up

You need to take your own advise darling.

Any as I've said 3 times previously I was talking about the a CPU and didn't word it right. I'm typing off my phone. But as I say. Carey on being bitchy. I really don't mind.

If you want to stalk a little more youll see it was the CPU that wouldn't clock. The x5670 is sweet. But if that's all you got in your bitch argument then all is good.

Bringing up old posts from 2016 wow your like a woman who remembers everything that was said years ago lol

Come on now babe. Man up a bit and stop this :D

Associate
the ram multiplier is set to 6, could try changing to 8 or 10 though 10 maybe pushing it. in maxxonocs bios this setting is the "System memory multiplier (SPD)"
You may also need to adjust the uncore ratio so it remains double the ram speed.
Changing the ram multi to 8 should bring the speed up to 1456 then change uncore ratio to 16
Mate didnt work system didnt boot,btw what can i get more out of the x5670 from maxxonocs settings and how?,Thanks guys

Soldato
Mate didnt work system didnt boot,btw what can i get more out of the x5670 from maxxonocs settings and how?,Thanks guys

If it didn't boot then the ram wasn't stable at 1456, guessing a it's either 1066 or 1333 rated ram, it should say on the sticks or if you check in hwinfo. I would recomend trying again but this time raise the Dram voltage to 1.64 and qpi voltage to 1.25.

Last edited:
Associate
If it didn't boot then the ram wasn't stable at https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Corsair-4GB-PC3-12800-DDR3-1600-DDR3-SDRAM-1600-MHz-DIMM-240-pin-RAM-Module/124023035127?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649, guessing a it's either 1066 or 1333 rated ram, it should say on the sticks or if you check in hwinfo. I would recomend trying again but this time raise the Dram voltage to 1.64 and qpi voltage to 1.25.
mate this is the ram i have,and just bought an extra 4 gig to get to 16 gig,also the weard thing
on auto it shows 1456
https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Corsair-4GB...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Soldato
It says 1.65V on the label. It's not 'weird' that auto shows 1456.It's bclock * memory multiplier. i.e.. The bclock determines the ram speed.

Associate
@shea1980 & @Joxeon: I've 3 identical 1600Mhz 1,5v sticks and tried many times lifting the SPD to 8. But with otherwise same settings (only RAM voltage I've slightly raised every try bit-wise up to 1,6v max.) the board don't want to boot with those 1520MHz on RAM (and 3040MHz QPI). So I left it at 1140MHz RAM because it was stable. Have you guys any advice to get the RAM stable @ 1520MHz?

Back
Top Bottom