Huel

Caporegime
Website doesn't really instil much confidence. I ordered my stuff last night and it should have been dispatched today according to all their blurb. The website says it was dispatched yesterday (which is impossible as I only ordered it late) and I've not received any further emails. Will be interested to see if DPD come tomorrow or whether my order has disappeared into the ether.

EDIT: Worried about nothing. Got dispatch email but at 1am in the morning so I woke up and had that and DPD email. No problems after all.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Was not a fan tbh. Despite vigorous shaking the product was goopy, would have had to use a blender to make it even, texture was like drinking a mixture of flour and water, when you can get actual real food so cheap with the same calorie content and nicer taste and experience it just didn't make sense to continue to use the product.

Caporegime
I haven’t tried mine yet but after reading lots of comments, I’m going to be doing mine with almond milk instead of water, using a hand blender and making it the night before and leaving it in the fridge

Soldato
I find it fine just shaken and drank straight away.
It's slightly nicer left overnight in the fridge, or blending.
Blending and fridge makes no difference one or the other is fine.

Soldato
You swallow loads of air if you neck it straight....you sure your nose is working okay? :p

I can peel the paint off the walls if I drink it straight away...always in the fridge for a few hours to settle!

Caporegime
I have changed my mind somewhat about Huel now, I tried mixing it with hot water and with some vigorous shaking there were no lumps at all, I used less water than the recommended amount so it was like drinking porridge, much more palatable than cold huel and easier to mix. I think with some flavourings it might actually taste of something. I'll try some artificial flavourings with it and see how it goes.

Associate
Really tempted to give this a go as I don't eat at work and I really should, thought it might be good for taking with me for convenience. I'll do a bit more research but the myprotein whole fuel blend seems a better option price wise.

Caporegime
How about making your own Huel, cheaper and you can tailor to your specific needs:-

https://www.completefoods.co/

UK specific recipes:-

https://www.completefoods.co/diy/recipes?countries=GB

God the amount of salt that people have in these recipes 6g, even 7g. 5g is the maximum (WHO recommendations) not a target! And many of these are low cal diets! Huel only has around 3.5g in a whole 2,000 calories.

Seems like a whole lot of effort for not much cost saving tbh compared to all the other products on the market.

Anyway just found out about the 10% student discount, so with referrals it's like £30.50 for 3.4kg which is 90p for 400 calories.

Last edited:
Soldato
I haven’t tried mine yet but after reading lots of comments, I’m going to be doing mine with almond milk instead of water, using a hand blender and making it the night before and leaving it in the fridge

I have changed my mind somewhat about Huel now, I tried mixing it with hot water and with some vigorous shaking there were no lumps at all, I used less water than the recommended amount so it was like drinking porridge, much more palatable than cold huel and easier to mix. I think with some flavourings it might actually taste of something. I'll try some artificial flavourings with it and see how it goes.

Like a lot of powders they don't mix so well in cold water unless you let it sit which reduces the gritty texture as well with Huel.

I find if the flavours are a bit strong then just mix in plain/vanilla in as well. With v3.0 I'm finding Berry isn't so nice with almond milk so used water only which was nice but required more powder to get the consistency right. I may mix Almond, Berry and Vanilla with either the new scoop so 1 + 1 or the old scoop so 2 + 1 mixed with Almond milk.

Who knew mixing powder could be so complicated!

Caporegime
It’s H-day tomorrow for me. Going to try doing breakfast and lunch and then a proper dinner meal for the first week and see what happens. Probably will have to use water though as 1 litre of almond milk each day will work out a bit dear overall.

Back
Top Bottom