Would you ever feel like shaking a killer warmly by the hand?

Permabanned
I'd feel tempted to in this case:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-51239756

"
An inmate has been charged with the murder of one of Britain's most notorious paedophiles.

Richard Huckle, 33, was reportedly stabbed with a makeshift blade in his cell at HMP Full Sutton in East Yorkshire, on 13 October.

He was serving 22 life sentences for abusing up to 200 Malaysian children.

Paul Fitzgerald, 29, of HMP Wakefield, is due to appear via video-link at Beverley Magistrates' Court on 5 February, Humberside Police said.

Huckle, from Ashford, Kent, was jailed in 2016 after admitting 71 charges of sex abuse against children aged between six months and 12 years.

At the time of his arrest in 2014, the freelance photographer was compiling a manual to teach fellow paedophiles how to abuse children and avoid detection.

He had bragged online it was easier to target impoverished children in Malaysia than those from wealthy Western backgrounds.

His trial at the Old Bailey heard he awarded himself "Pedopoints" for different acts of abuse against 191 children, and sold images of his depravity on the dark web.

Officers found more than 20,000 indecent pictures and videos on his computer."

Man of Honour
I don't wish anyone harm so I can't say I am happy at the news. But I am certainly not going to lose sleep over it. He reaped what he sowed.

Soldato
The sad thing is, that, while I am a "Bit" uncomfortable with the idea of prison yard justice, as Hades said. I am not going to lose any sleep over this particular case.

However, what really ****** me off that there will now almost certainly be some sort of nonsense officical enquirey as to "How could this have happened" involving whole squadrons of QC's, Judges, and God knows what, being paid hundreds of thousands of pounds each out of the public purse to investigate all this!

:mad:

Associate
Shaking them warmly by the hand? The guy who himself has convictions for indecent assault of a young girl and molesting an elderly woman, serving an indefinite sentence after attacking another woman?

Yeah, I'd probably pass on that one.

Permabanned
However, what really ****** me off that there will now almost certainly be some sort of nonsense officical enquirey as to "How could this have happened" involving whole squadrons of QC's, Judges, and God knows what, being paid hundreds of thousands of pounds each out of the public purse to investigate all this!

No it won't. It goes to the PPO like any other death in custody.

Man of Honour
Someone who kills in defence - quite likely, depending on circumstances.

An abuser who murders another abuser, no.

Someone who attacks the entire idea of law and civilisation by placing themself above it and killing people because they want to, no.

So my answer to the OP's question is no and no.

Permabanned
OP
In all honesty I never looked to see what the alleged attacker was himself charged with, but nonetheless, despite he too being scum of the earth, he, in my opinion, has served the British public well in this particular act, and removed any temptation by the nutters who seem to comprise the Parole Board to release this maniac into the world again at some future date. No doubt when he has claimed to have found his God and wheedled his way around psychiatrists who seem hell bent on giving benefit of the doubt to the deranged. Perhaps with my new knowledge i wouldn't shake him warmly by the hand, but somewhere within me I could find some gratitude for his alleged killing of this animal.

Back
Top Bottom