Philips Fidelio X3 coming soon

Soldato
I just bought the X2HR and wow paired with my AE5 they sound so good to my ears. i knew the X3 were coming out but at £300 it is out of my budget and how much better could they be compared to these ?

Caporegime
No they sold around £240 I paid £150 on an Amazon deal.

They were less than £100 and averaged £120-£170 according to hukd.

So £300 is a rip off. I had the x1's and I'm sure I paid £160-£180 for them. Since then prices have come down on AKG's but sennheisers have went up. These seem to be following them.

Not worth it either you should try k702's

Soldato
OP
They were less than £100 and averaged £120-£170 according to hukd.

So £300 is a rip off. I had the x1's and I'm sure I paid £160-£180 for them. Since then prices have come down on AKG's but sennheisers have went up. These seem to be following them.

Not worth it either you should try k702's

Yeah they have come down in price but at release like I said they were around £240 a review here

https://www.whathifi.com/philips/fidelio-x2/review

The price in OP also isn't confirmed yet but I wouldn't be surprised if they also release around the £250 mark I wouldn't pay that tbh either but would be more than happy to pay the £150

Having used the X1 and X2 I dont see why I also wouldn't really like the X3 but I will wait for reviews also and see how well they do. The build quality of the X1 and X2 are also top quality and the X3 look even better I really like the design from what has been shown.

Soldato
I paid £110 for the X2HR, then they went down to either £90 or £100, they're good for the price but if you're spending over £150 you can get better I imagine, good thing with these is the build quality is top notch.

Soldato
OP
I paid £110 for the X2HR, then they went down to either £90 or £100, they're good for the price but if you're spending over £150 you can get better I imagine, good thing with these is the build quality is top notch.

Build quality and sound stage is amazing using them with Sennheiser GSX 1000 and I couldn't be more happier with the sound quality.

Think it's best waiting on reviews now.

Caporegime
Build quality and sound stage is amazing using them with Sennheiser GSX 1000 and I couldn't be more happier with the sound quality.

Think it's best waiting on reviews now.

Are you selling the X1's or X2's I don't see the point in upgrading or keeping them tbh.

The differences between them are minimal at best. nd at the £150+ price point quite frankly they aren't the best for competitive gaming and K712 Pro territory which does have squeaky issues but then you also have to compete with sennheiser and beyerdynamic.

There will likely be no noticeable difference to the X2's.

I sold my X1's but I may get the X3's when they hit £100 as I really liked the X1's.

However I currently have Q701's, HD600's, HD700's and DT770's.

I have XM3's and Fiil T1X for portable / gym use.

The X1 would fill the gap for a "fun" headphone. If I was to buy them I could probably sell all my other headsets as they are the best all rounder IMO. However the others do specific jobs better. Q701 - gaming, HD600 - Vocals / music, hd700's gaming/music and DT770's - closed.

Soldato
OP
Are you selling the X1's or X2's I don't see the point in upgrading or keeping them tbh.

The differences between them are minimal at best. nd at the £150+ price point quite frankly they aren't the best for competitive gaming and K712 Pro territory which does have squeaky issues but then you also have to compete with sennheiser and beyerdynamic.

There will likely be no noticeable difference to the X2's.

I sold my X1's but I may get the X3's when they hit £100 as I really liked the X1's.

However I currently have Q701's, HD600's, HD700's and DT770's.

I have XM3's and Fiil T1X for portable / gym use.

The X1 would fill the gap for a "fun" headphone. If I was to buy them I could probably sell all my other headsets as they are the best all rounder IMO. However the others do specific jobs better. Q701 - gaming, HD600 - Vocals / music, hd700's gaming/music and DT770's - closed.

I kept my X1 because they not in the best of condition for me to sell them, because the cushions are not removable they have become quite bad over time.
I bought the X2 on the basis I got a good enough deal I was happy to pay the £150 having used the X1 I am very happy how they perform.

Competitive gaming that is me all over and I do extremely well :) though I can not agree or disagree with you about them being the best because simply not used all headphones.

Would I sell these for X3 maybe based on reviews or keep them for spears.

Based on reviews all round the fidelio range gets very good reviews everywhere.

Caporegime
I kept my X1 because they not in the best of condition for me to sell them, because the cushions are not removable they have become quite bad over time.
I bought the X2 on the basis I got a good enough deal I was happy to pay the £150 having used the X1 I am very happy how they perform.

Competitive gaming that is me all over and I do extremely well :) though I can not agree or disagree with you about them being the best because simply not used all headphones.

Would I sell these for X3 maybe based on reviews or keep them for spears.

Based on reviews all round the fidelio range gets very good reviews everywhere.

if you are competitive gaming then need look no further than k702's which were £94 recently. they are far superior to the x2's but also lack fun. the soundstage is second to none on akg's

Associate
Am I right in thinking you can't change the pads on the X1 & X2? Or that phillips dont offer official replacements?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'm interested in trying them out and comparing with my HD650 on memory foam Dekoni velour pads. I can't imagine they will pull me away from the Sennheiser sound, but I owned the X1 and X2 and the comfort and construction was A+ whereas the 650s are just plastic all over (not that this changes how they sound but still... :p).

Soldato
I paid £99 for my X2's brand new from the rain forest a few weeks ago, They used to be £200+ not so long ago, I'll get these but eventually when they too go down to the 100-150 mark.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom