Which brand new car would you choose for up to 25k

I have never heard of new cars going for 20-25% discount.

Take a look at carwow as an example, they show typical discounts by model.

I got 21% off mine

The residual for PCP was 50% (of list), I got 21% off list so in theory I could drive it for 3 years (10k agreed mileage) and pay 29% of list for 3 years driving.

However I quickly decided to go with my plan of withdrawing from the finance, so i did that, funded with a lower cost loan and now own the car.

25% would be rarer I think, but getting into the 20s is quite possible.

Associate
I have never heard of new cars going for 20-25% discount.

I've gotten a shade under 20% (19.8%) on a factory ordered car, the model of which has been on the market in the UK for about 6 months. Just need the thing to be built now!

Associate
It’s the reason everyone is driving an Audi and no one buys Mondeos.

a £36k Audi might have an £8k discount and be worth £14k after 4 year finance deal. So you’re only paying for the remaining £14k depreciation over the four years.

A £28k mondeo might have £5k discount but be worth £9k after 4 years. So you’re paying off £14k depreciation over the 4 years.

Soldato
I've gotten a shade under 20% (19.8%) on a factory ordered car, the model of which has been on the market in the UK for about 6 months. Just need the thing to be built now!
Makes you wonder if this should be breaking the law, unfair pricing or something. Some poor sods won't even haggle. 20% off an expensive purchase like a brand new car, especially factor order seems just wrong (good for you though!).

Only bought a new car once and couldn't buy some mundane-mobile so bought an MX-5 limited edition. I was lucky to get £500 off but would have probably got a better deal on a non ltd edition. Probably the only time I'll buy new - an item on the bucket list ticked off.

I really can't see BMW selling M2's, M4;s etc with a 20% discount.

Man of Honour
The only thing wrong about is that vehicle excise duty is based on the comedy list prices.

If someone is daft enough to pay list then great as they can subsidise the rest of us :D

Soldato
The only thing wrong about is that vehicle excise duty is based on the comedy list prices.

If someone is daft enough to pay list then great as they can subsidise the rest of us :D
The list prices are clearly nonsense and over inflated so everyone thinks they got a great deal because they haggled so hard. Oldest trick in the salesman’s book.

Back
Top Bottom