Star Trek: Picard

Soldato
For anybody who doesn't know data technically isn't dead his body was destroyed but when he synced all of his memories and knowledge to b4 he literally became data in fact later on data actually becomes captain of the Enterprise it's in a comic series I believe

No idea if the above is correct.

Soldato
comics arnt canon imo only whats on tv of film. But thats just me, everyones free to consider em canon if they want.

You just cherry picked what you read there, just read this bit and forget i mentioned comics:

For anybody who doesn't know data technically isn't dead his body was destroyed but when he synced all of his memories and knowledge to b4 he literally became data

Soldato
Concidering B4's in bits in a drawer, it's safe to say it Picard doesnt follow the comics in that regard.
You just cherry picked what you read there, just read this bit and forget i mentioned comics:

For anybody who doesn't know data technically isn't dead his body was destroyed but when he synced all of his memories and knowledge to b4 he literally became data
It doesnt matter how many times you say it lol.

Soldato
Concidering B4's in bits in a drawer, it's safe to say it Picard doesnt follow the comics in that regard.

Not only that, Dr Whatsherface also states that most of Data's memories were lost and that B4 was even less sophisticated than they initially thought. The comic is pretty irrelevant.

Soldato
OP
There is no 4K version of Star Trek Picard.

CBS has slunk from its duties. The decision not to release a 4K HDR version is not just dishonourable, its downright criminal.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
There is no 4K version of Star Trek Picard.

CBS has slunk from its duties. The decision not to release a 4K HDR version is not just dishonourable, its downright criminal.
Damn. That is not good news. I guess they will give us that in a boxset later.

What a shame as 4K HDR does look much better on my OLED. This does not even have HDR.

I enjoyed the episode, felt like it finished quickly. It was pretty much what I expected from a few things I read online. Patrick Stuart already had said he did not want it to be like TNG, so was not expecting that.

Kind of hard to judge it properly just yet as right now it is just nice seeing Picard and some of the old cast. That scene with Picard and Data playing poker gave me the feels.

If I went in expecting TNG style Star Trek (my favourite) I would have been a bit disappointed. But my expectations were relatively low due to what Star Trek has been able to produce the last decade or two.

Overall it was good, but not great. Looking forward to the next episode.

Soldato
as far as i know there isn't a 4k on prime yet but maybe at a later date and time. considering that when the expanse season 4 was released on the Thursday night at 23:00 all episode in HD were present, then some time on Friday the actual day listed for released 4k version was up. now star trek picard has seam to follow suit as it actual uk released is Friday 24th, but Thursday 23 at 23:00 episode 1 of picard was up to watch, so it seam it also possible that it following in what "the expanse" did so if there is a 4k version it might be on some time on the 24th, we can also expect to watch next episode of picards next Thursday at 23:00 instead of the Friday.

It probably won't be in 4K, it only tends to be Amazon-made shows that they make available in 4K e.g. Treadstone and Mr Robot are both 1080p only.

I was going off of having to add Expanse watchlist manually via a Prime webpage, but from what Ive searched online its only full HD, thanks folks.:)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I was going off of having to add Expanse watchlist manually via a Prime webpage, but from what Ive searched online its only full HD, thanks folks.:)
Yeah. I had to do a search on my TV for Expanse 4K to find it. As it was only showing the HD version on the main page.

As I was saying it is a shame they did not release Picard in 4K HDR. They really want to milk it to sell it as bluray it seems.

Man of Honour
Shame there’s no 4K, but I’m loving it. Incredible production values, it’s like watching a film. So many great nods too. Patrick Stewart is such a legend, I could watch him all day.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great start. Acting throughout is top notch and special effects are plentiful and well executed.

Given how bad discovery is, I'm hoping this will turn out to be the Star Trek to watch.

Back
Top Bottom