• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
A few months is okay to be fair. In no rush, just economically want to make the most of it.

To be fair the only game I really play is OverWatch @ 1080p/144hz. And after doing some research a 1650 Super would be plenty for that. They're £150 new, so if I can sell my 2080, downgrade to 1650 Super. Then wait until the next series comes out.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
A few months is okay to be fair. In no rush, just economically want to make the most of it.

To be fair the only game I really play is OverWatch @ 1080p/144hz. And after doing some research a 1650 Super would be plenty for that. They're £150 new, so if I can sell my 2080, downgrade to 1650 Super. Then wait until the next series comes out.
In that case do it now.

I sold my Titan XP ages ago and have been waiting due to all the games I want to playing coming out this year.

Associate
In that case do it now.

I sold my Titan XP ages ago and have been waiting due to all the games I want to playing coming out this year.

Yeah will put it on sale in the next few days. It's a beast of a GPU (Zotac 2080 Amp Extreme Core). But way too much power for what I use (40 degrees, 40% usage, 40% fan speed peak usage).

Nice, what games you looking forward too?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah will put it on sale in the next few days. It's a beast of a GPU (Zotac 2080 Amp Extreme Core). But way too much power for what I use (40 degrees, 40% usage, 40% fan speed peak usage).

Nice, what games you looking forward too?
Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2, Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2, Resident Evil 3 Ramake, System Shock Remake.

On my PS4 Pro got RE3 Remake and Final Fantasy 7 Remake on pre-order. Got a bunch of PS4 exclusives that will keep me busy until they come out in April.

Permabanned
Still waiting for an upgrade from the 980ti. Got money waiting but will not bend over and pay current prices.

Was hoping 7nm would be the right time to upgrade but will depend on price.

Soldato
Still waiting for an upgrade from the 980ti. Got money waiting but will not bend over and pay current prices.

Was hoping 7nm would be the right time to upgrade but will depend on price.

I'm the same. I have a little savings pot and there's been money for a new GPU in there since around August 2018! A nice round £500 and I'll add whatever my 1080ti sells for.

Is double the performance a reasonable expectation when going 1080ti to 3080ti? It can't be far off, surely?

Permabanned
I'm the same. I have a little savings pot and there's been money for a new GPU in there since around August 2018! A nice round £500 and I'll add whatever my 1080ti sells for.

Is double the performance a reasonable expectation when going 1080ti to 3080ti? It can't be far off, surely?
For me it’s all about the price. I can make the 980ti last if I need too but I’m ready to upgrade if the price is right.

I won’t pay over £400 for any graphics card so hopefully I can get as much performance for that money, if not I’ll wait.

For me it’s all about the price. I can make the 980ti last if I need too but I’m ready to upgrade if the price is right.

I won’t pay over £400 for any graphics card so hopefully I can get as much performance for that money, if not I’ll wait.

£400 might get you a RTX 3060, which would probably be a nice upgrade path from a GTX 980ti.

Choo! Choo!

Back
Top Bottom