• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is it worth buying a secondhand RTX 2080ti now ?

It's your money, so do as you please.

But I don't think now is a good time to buy a high end GFX card.
Not unless it is some amazing deal that is too good to pass up.

I guess I'm just use to people moaning that they felt ripped off because the price gapped down on them shortly afterwards because they were just too impatient to wait it out.

Associate
The 2080TI's have barely budged 10% in the whole time they've been out. I don't see it changing for awhile.

They probably won't as the supply is limited, its all controlled carefully to maintain the maximum margins. Where it might shift is the pending release of Big Navi combined with 3000 series, that could create a pinch point where the silicon needs to go somewhere or Nvidia simple cut off the supply to protect price and "do something else" with any surplus. Fashion brands for example are notorious for destroying surplus stock rather than discounting it in order to protect the brand and margins. Its a horrible practice imho but there we are it is what it is...

Soldato
That easy to say

But it so not easy when you only have a GTX1080 to run games at 4k for what could be another 6+ months :(

Maybe you should consider buying a 2070 Super to hold you over until the 3xxx series arrive. It's the best price/performance card of all the Turing cards and I don't think it will drop in price on the second hand market as much as the 2080Ti and 2080 cards will. Another option would be a second hand 1080Ti if you can get one for around £300.

I would only buy a 2080Ti now if I planned to keep it.

Soldato
OP
Surely the new consoles will put massive downward pressure on GPU prices? Considering the consoles will need to be a reasonable price for the markets they're targeting, i.e. students.
But many PC gamers no want a console to replace there Gaming PC
Am sure not going to be sticking a console on my computer desk instead of my PC

Also having to play FPS with a gamepad.. No thanks ;)

Back
Top Bottom