LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Permabanned
Every LG TV I or parents or family/friends have had has died even if only few weeks old or about 13months old if you get that long (the cheap components on the boards inside) and every launch thread here ends in disappointment and you should remember the LG 32GK850G-B.

Associate
Every LG TV I or parents or family/friends have had has died even if only few weeks old or about 13months old if you get that long (the cheap components on the boards inside) and every launch thread here ends in disappointment and you should remember the LG 32GK850G-B.
Majority of people and reviews agree that LG TV are really good. Maybe stop punching them :D

Last edited:
Associate
Can anybody confirm if LG monitors remember there power off state. So if power is pulled they turn back on automatically on the same input as previous. WIll have no access to buttons once installed.. Cheers

Permabanned
You buying the super cheap models? Hearing of a LG OLED TV failure is extremely rare.

I would not call £1500-2000 LCD's from 2014-2018 cheap and I had the very first (flat) LG OLED TV, on top of that go and reads the thread here, the QA is poor.

You are entitled to your opinion but do not make assumptions I bought cheap and again I read the threads here with every prelaunch on LG's monitors then see them fill up with issues as they begin to be bought.

You think LG use cheap components for the TV's for peasant bellow £1500-2000 (at that time so not cheap) and not for the OLED's? (that would be suicide).

Associate
Sorry I don't buy it. I follow a lot of LG OLED threads on TV forums and this doom and gloom you speak of doesn't exist.

Even back in 2011; "LG is the Brand to Beat":

https://www.techhive.com/article/24...and_satisfaction_lg_is_the_brand_to_beat.html

And more recently from Consumer Reports:

https://www.consumerreports.org/tvs...se-cr-recommendation-over-reliability-issues/

LG is one of the top three TV brands in a consumer survey including reliability.

So unless you have actual data that LG has terrible reliability, no point in continuing with this side bar topic.

Permabanned
Again I have had them all die and so have many others (Google and Youtube) and you can again read the threads here with the QA issues.

I do not really care what figures say its me as the end user that matters to me.

I have a 25year old Mitsubishi CRT TV, 2 15+year old Mitsubishi CRT monitors, Sony FW900 CRT and Pioneer Kuro LX5090 built in 2009 (all bought new at time) all working today.

This was not a topic, I simply adding my input to hoping the QA would be better on the before you got all defence, do you even keep something long enough for it to die?

Samsung also got a good name but they had a long run of dying just out of warranty on the PSU side due to bad caps

Soldato
Again I have had them all die and so have many others (Google and Youtube) and you can again read the threads here with the QA issues.

I do not really care what figures say its me as the end user that matters to me.

I have a 25year old Mitsubishi CRT TV, 2 15+year old Mitsubishi CRT monitors, Sony FW900 CRT and Pioneer Kuro LX5090 built in 2009 (all bought new at time) all working today.

This was not a topic, I simply adding my input to hoping the QA would be better on the before you got all defence, do you even keep something long enough for it to die?

Samsung also got a good name but they had a long run of dying just out of warranty on the PSU side due to bad caps
I wouldn't believe a word out of your mouth if you were reading my own birth certificate to me.

Back
Top Bottom