What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Put a new battery in the MX5 - my own fault as she's sat for the best part of a month and hardly moved. The original battery was probably past its sell by date and for the sake of £60.00 for a Varta with 60% discount Eurocarparts it made sense.

How weird, I literally just got back from ECP with a new Varta for my MX-5! (Well, Eunos, but same difference...).

I left mine sat for a month and it finished off the already pretty crap Lion that I picked up for £25 in one of ECP's many 50% off sales last year.

Soldato
Anyone had an alignment done on a car with factory air suspension? Called a couple of places that have the proper laser setup but they’ve told me I have to take it to the main dealer as they need the computer to put the car in “alignment mode”. Sounds a bit weird to me as I’d have thought the best way to align a car would be in the normal driving mode. What do we think?

Soldato
Fitted a FPR, and then fixed the fuel leak i created having installed the FPR :D

Also fixed this boost pipe
0Xgec9N.jpg

You'd think by looking at that its faulty but nope it was still solid! changed it anyhow as its only a matter of time.

Been trying to figure out why i'm dropping to wastegate pressure >3-4k rpm, then it slowly builds back up. The flat spot also happens when the boost controller is switched off so theoretically its always at wastegate pressure suggesting its not a boost leak?..

Last edited:
Soldato
How weird, I literally just got back from ECP with a new Varta for my MX-5! (Well, Eunos, but same difference...).

I left mine sat for a month and it finished off the already pretty crap Lion that I picked up for £25 in one of ECP's many 50% off sales last year.

You say you picked up a "pretty crap Lion" for much cheapness last year - does that not come with a warranty?

The Varta I just bought comes with 4 years of warranty . . . . . .

Associate
Did the headlights on the Corolla, they are massive.

Done this a few times on diff cars and still a nice thing to see them come up so well after the work. You also realise how much light was missing before when driving. Tried the 3M kit this time and was impressed.

Sb0OUBhl.jpg

H6uKsHNl.jpg

Also went to replace mid-pipe to rear silencer gasket as it was blowing only to find my rear silencer has rusted / split at the seam. Will give it a go at brazing tomorrow.
Otherwise it's looking like a trip for a T sport breaker for a stock rear silencer as they are getting rare now.

Last edited:
Associate
Got 4 new tyres fitted to the T5.

Found out it needs a wheel bearing and decided to give it a suspension refresh. New shocks, springs, top mounts bushes etc. Might opt for some decent coilovers - to be decided!

Soldato
Fitting some LED fogs to my fiesta so they match up with the LED headlights, unsure how well they will do in foggy conditions but the main reason is they are used as cornering lights so having the same white colour will look better.

Caporegime

Done this a few times on diff cars and still a nice thing to see them come up so well after the work. You also realise how much light was missing before when driving. Tried the 3M kit this time and was impressed.

Sb0OUBhl.jpg

H6uKsHNl.jpg

Also went to replace mid-pipe to rear silencer gasket as it was blowing only to find my rear silencer has rusted / split at the seam. Will give it a go at brazing tomorrow.
Otherwise it's looking like a trip for a T sport breaker for a stock rear silencer as they are getting rare now.

Nice job. I remember when I tried to do mine one of them was so bad that I gave up and bought a new headlight... The other one came up nicely though. :p

Underboss

Sb0OUBhl.jpg

H6uKsHNl.jpg

wow thats impressive
id pay you money to do that with mine !

Associate
Test fit of a muffler to make the exhaust quiet enough for Track Days.

OPqTXVAh.jpg
SmWR7LCh.jpg

Bit ghetto but don’t have much choice! Bloody NIMBYs ruining everyone’s fun.
Careful doing that kind of stuff as it isn't any good for the engine at all, especially on turbo cars. Are you on aftermarket with no silencing? Would have to be mentally loud to flag for sound. What track you off to?

Exhausts have to be below a certain level for track days? :eek:
Yep normally around 92 - 98DBa drive by limit, which tbf you would be surprised at how loud that is. Unless at Bedford where you get flagged for noise even if you sneeze haha.

I am more surprised a little 4 pot turbo can break sound regs. Mines 3" from turbo to tip and comes no where near the DB limits for track days.
Same here even with a screamer pipe pointed at the ground. I know K20 Civics do come close tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom