Greta Thunberg

Soldato
No way man, DEAD you literally suggested building a wall as a solution - where have I heard this before, no but seriously Why prevent AIDS just deal with it after...

Interesting analogy actually.

Next to abstinence (Which wont happen), the next best way of stopping AIDS is actually a wall (Of sorts)

:p

Permabanned
OR

Simple minded fools might listen to her speech and conclude that she expected temperatures to come down in the year or so she's been campaigning...

I have recently watched on TV or better say took a glimpse of because immediately switched the TV off, a documentary about how the Czech "thrive" around their fossil fuel - read coal industry. They were praising the coal as if there is absolutely nothing else we can use.

The amount of politicians propaganda is scary - I guess they fear that the people will found out that fossil fuels are garbage and should not be used. Unless in hell, for sure.

Caporegime
To be fair, I don't think he's a climate change denier.

More that he isn't convinced that it's substantially anthropogenic in nature.

Which doesn't mean much does it? It still requires preparation and it's hardly a bad thing to push people into cleaner habits/air/water.

People also don't seem to be that bothered about dishonesty (assuming it's all just a 'big joke') either, so from the cynical position, it doesn't really have much foundations.

Permabanned
To be fair, I don't think he's a climate change denier.

More that he isn't convinced that it's substantially anthropogenic in nature.

Almost 8 billion humans for sure add quite substantial amount of heat directly and indirectly to the environment. The cities are always quite a bit warmer than the surrounding plains.

Associate
Maybe we could increase the plastic pollution into the ocean hoping the alleged increased heat from the sun will melt the floating plastic into floating islands and we could connect the islands forming larger landmasses and eventually into a new continent. And although there may be struggles with growing food without soil we can try growing food in our poop and other hydroponic solutions. We could also order from amazon fresh. Of course, this doesn't fix any of our problems unless we use it as an Australia solution for our undesirables. Just a thought, not a good one either I'll admit.

Associate
forget greta- forget climate change - reality is we are using way too much resources.. we need to cut down.. we are also wasting resources again these need to be limited - case in point - go out at night all offices, lights/computers/tvs on.. now times that by 1000s of offices all over the world - thats not including shops/government buildings and the like doing the same - i wonder how much CO2 is being produced, how much coal is being wasted to power this waste..

Man of Honour
forget greta- forget climate change - reality is we are using way too much resources.. we need to cut down.. we are also wasting resources again these need to be limited - case in point - go out at night all offices, lights/computers/tvs on.. now times that by 1000s of offices all over the world - thats not including shops/government buildings and the like doing the same - i wonder how much CO2 is being produced, how much coal is being wasted to power this waste..

With a couple of recent Triads warnings (commercial/industrial electricity peak usage events) they sent around a thing at work with the electricity usage for the different sites/branches and the difference in some cases is huge compared to similar sites and I know some have managed to get people to turn off lights when they aren't using them, etc. especially overnight except for some left on for security and their bills are way lower. (I'm surprised the company hasn't taken stronger action over it as it is well into the £100s difference).

Associate
C02 is really good. In a greenhouse they pump in c02 because all carbon life is made from... carbon, which is most readily available as c02. It is great for the environment, I've not seen any evidence proving that it warms up anything but if it does that's great, I live in the Divided Kingdom and it's pretty chilly here so the extra warmth is welcome. Maybe other countries might have a worse deal but I don't live there soo.....
But yes you are correct society as a whole is disgustingly wasteful. Maybe all these issues with Iran, North Korea, and Russia will bring thermonuclear war and give us all the reset back to our more tribal less wasteful ways. But hey what do I know? I'm no Greta Thunberg.

Tea Drinker
Don

Electricity needs to be more expensive much more expensive then we might kerb our usage.

But that's not going to happen till 70% of the population have locked into electric vehicles and have no choice but to suck up the cost.

Back
Top Bottom