TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
I've not had a licence for like 12 years and get a threat-o-gram in the post addressed to the "legal occupier" same time every month like clockwork. It amazes me that some people fill out the form on the TVL website with all their details and contract with them just to prove they don't need a licence. I don't need a licence but I also don't need to prove to TVL that I don't need one or tell them who I am either.

Soldato
Maybe it should be brought up by Greta :D

Thing is the number of people cancelling is apparently rising faster than the number they can "investigate". So unless you are close to one of the Capita offices you'll probably never get a visit.

Last edited:
Associate
Count me as a non-licence holder now. I think Britbox was the nail in the coffin for me when I saw it was a service provided by the BBC.......that really bugged me. Only ever watched live TV when I was sitting down to eat and didn't have time to watch a whole episode of something online. Now I have the freesat disconnected and just watch Youtube to fill the gap instead. Been 3 weeks now and haven't regretted it at all.

Permabanned
It must cost them a lot of money to send out constant letters to everyone all the time to spam people who don't even need one.

A misuse of public funds, And they get away with it and the enviromental crime. Royal Mail do the same delivering junk mail for local shops. I askee them to stop they said only if you apply for a two year period and i hit the roof as they are basically presuming to have the right, They have no rights in the same way TVL have no right to presume guilt.

Caporegime
A misuse of public funds, And they get away with it and the enviromental crime. Royal Mail do the same delivering junk mail for local shops. I askee them to stop they said only if you apply for a two year period and i hit the roof as they are basically presuming to have the right, They have no rights in the same way TVL have no right to presume guilt.

I assume its not public funds and is from BBC income?

Soldato
But if it was on normal taxes they would just keep creeping up the price every year and people have no choice but to pay it. No thanks :/

Soldato
But if it was on normal taxes they would just keep creeping up the price every year and people have no choice but to pay it. No thanks :/

Yup.

I haven't paid for for a licence for a very long time, I don't make use of any of the services that require one. As far as I'm concerned the BBC should shift to a subscription or advertising service, if people want it they can pay for it of their own volition, the company should rise or fall on merit. I do not like the BBC as a company and I want nothing to do with them, I most definitely do not want to be forced to fund them.

Man of Honour
And why should some people pay more than others for the exact same service ?

Because our society is set up to enforce massive income disparity. The available choices are limited: Reduce income disparity or kill all of your surplus peasants and impose enough fear on the rest.

If you don't do both those things and you don't make any attempt to reduce income disparity at all, eventually your peasants will successfully revolt. Of course, you'd have to have already got rid of democracy so they can't change anything that way.

What happens now is that income disparity is inflated even further, then reduced a bit by income tax bands. It's like a business that wants to sell a sofa at £1000 briefly advertising it for sale at £1250 and then advertising it for sale at the £1000 price they always intended to sell it at and proclaiming that it's for sale at at 20% discount.

You shouldn't complain about having the best of both worlds (massive income disparity and a large peasantry that isn't in revolt), nor should you complain about not selling that sofa at the artificially inflated £1250 being taxed a bit more on your "income" that was already inflated to take that into account.

Back
Top Bottom