• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Evga 1080 ti Kingpin Or FTW3 Hybrid

Associate
Hi Guys,

Its my first post here.

I regret that i sold my card about 1 years ago 1080 Ti FTW3 Elite Gaming it was awesome card with 12k Memory and i cpuld run with 12.800Mhz anyway.

Iam leaving here in Sweden.
I have 2 deal not and dont know what i should go for.

1080 Ti Kingpin for 600 dollar or 1080 ti FTW3 for 500 dollar. Both card the condition is pretty good.

I have 1080 ti kinpin before also so i know what it is for card.

Iam gaming only with Asus PG278Q (1440p)

Does Hybrid goes higher overclock against Kingpin on Air?

Regards
SilverB

Associate
OP
What are the prices of 2070 Super, 2080 or 2080 super in Sweden? Cause that might be a better option for you to get one of those.

The Price in sweden is,
Rtx 2070 Super Strix 600 Dollar
Rtx 2080 cheapest like 700dollar
Rtx 2080 Super goes for 850-900 dollar.

Is Evga 1080 Ti Hybrid FTW3 not god for 500 dollars?

Associate
Its good. I just personally prefer to get new if possible and that's what i did few weeks ago. There was an offer and i got Gigabyte 2070 Super OC for 428.32£ with 3 years warranty + 2 more if you register it on gigabyte site.

Associate
OP
Its good. I just personally prefer to get new if possible and that's what i did few weeks ago. There was an offer and i got Gigabyte 2070 Super OC for 428.32£ with 3 years warranty + 2 more if you register it on gigabyte site.

That was a good price.
So Kingpin for 600dollar woth also bynski water block comes to not worth the price?

I really dont now what i should do.
I did check all the benchmarks also so i know what all the card goes for.

Associate
Not sure but i also wanted to get evga 1080ti last year and kept checking one auction site and there were lots of cards available. What i found was suspicious, lots of listings using the same images of evga 1080ti listed by different accounts and decied that i better wait and save some more and get new card. If you are getting it from someone you know might be different.

Associate
OP
Not sure but i also wanted to get evga 1080ti last year and kept checking one auction site and there were lots of cards available. What i found was suspicious, lots of listings using the same images of evga 1080ti listed by different accounts and decied that i better wait and save some more and get new card. If you are getting it from someone you know might be different.

Yeah both card its friend of mine

Soldato
The Price in sweden is,
Rtx 2070 Super Strix 600 Dollar
Rtx 2080 cheapest like 700dollar
Rtx 2080 Super goes for 850-900 dollar.

Is Evga 1080 Ti Hybrid FTW3 not god for 500 dollars?

The Evga 1080 Ti is an old card with no warranty. It could break at any moment. You have no warranty!!!

Just 100 dollars more and you get a Rtx 2070 Super Strix WITH WARRANTY!!!

The Kingpin is even the same price as the Rtx 2070 Super. The same price, yet you would rather have the older card without warranty?

I dont understand.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The Evga 1080 Ti is an old card with no warranty. It could break at any moment. You have no warranty!!!

Just 100 dollars more and you get a Rtx 2070 Super Strix WITH WARRANTY!!!

The Kingpin is even the same price as the Rtx 2070 Super. The same price, yet you would rather have the older card without warranty?

I dont understand.

No warrenty on FTW3 but Kingpin got ,3 years warrenty left. That card was bought 2018.
Seems you are upset when iam reading

Soldato
No warrenty on FTW3 but Kingpin got ,3 years warrenty left. That card was bought 2018.
Seems you are upset when iam reading

A lot of people are getting upset on this forum over people buying second hand cards.

It's like they break as soon as they're second hand. But for me I've had way over 100 GPUs and never had 1 break, not even when they have had water all over them. Maybe I'm just lucky?

But his point is a good one. For only a little more you can buy a new card

Associate
OP
You should get something with warranty at that price, a £200 GPU ok you take the risk but £600+ it’s very risky and basically shows it’s too much to ask for

Okay, GPU in sweden is very popular and the second hand card has high value still.

I mean iam perfer best vaule and best card for the price.
Iam not saying that 2070S is a bad card but almost similiar card as 1080ti.
So my case it should a go for 1080ti FTW3 Hybird for 500dollar or nee card 2070S strix for 600dollar.

I think Kingpin for 600dollar with bynski waterblock also comes is bit worth it and the card have 3 years warrenty left. I dont know what i should do. I want 2080S but the Price here is 900dollar....

Associate
OP
A lot of people are getting upset on this forum over people buying second hand cards.

It's like they break as soon as they're second hand. But for me I've had way over 100 GPUs and never had 1 break, not even when they have had water all over them. Maybe I'm just lucky?

But his point is a good one. For only a little more you can buy a new card

No joke but had over 50 gpus and only had one card that i got artifect on the screen adn gpu was Broken Titan X maxwell but i had warrenty so i got new card for that.

I habe no problem to buu second hand cards iam looking ofc at warrenty and condition at the card ofcourse. I had Kingpin before but never FTW3 Hybrid.

I really dont know what i should do...

Soldato
No joke but had over 50 gpus and only had one card that i got artifect on the screen adn gpu was Broken Titan X maxwell but i had warrenty so i got new card for that.

I habe no problem to buu second hand cards iam looking ofc at warrenty and condition at the card ofcourse. I had Kingpin before but never FTW3 Hybrid.

I really dont know what i should do...

I've just bought a 108ti without warranty for £300 any more that £300 and I would buy a new 2070s for £450.

Still don't want to lose £300 but it's the chance you take

Caporegime
I’d ask your friend to be a real friend and sell it for a more reasonable price!

I want another 1080ti for SLI @ 4K, I run lots of heavily modded titles (like GTA V) which often pushes my VRAM usage over 8Gb so my only upgrade path with this in mind is either another 1080ti and hope SLI still works or a 2080ti which I have doubts about longevity and think is ludicrously overpriced for what it is.

I’m waiting for used 1080ti prices to drop and I won’t even seriously start looking until they are way under £300 given the vast majority will have no warranty.

If you have need for the 1080ti’s VRAM then go for it at a better price otherwise given the warranty I’d opt for new.

Soldato
I run a 34 widescreen monitor had a 1080ti ftw3 sold it now run a EVGA 2080 Super ftw3 ultra now and can say that this card makes the 1080ti feel like a 1070 well worth the upgrade so I wouldn't buy a 1080ti now if I was you.

Associate
OP
I run a 34 widescreen monitor had a 1080ti ftw3 sold it now run a EVGA 2080 Super ftw3 ultra now and can say that this card makes the 1080ti feel like a 1070 well worth the upgrade so I wouldn't buy a 1080ti now if I was you.

I did make a decision about the card.
I will not buy none of them. Its awesome card but i will aim att RTX serie. I found a second hand RTX 2080 Ti FE for 820 dollar we did make a deal for 1 one hour ago. I quess is pretty worth it instead to buy 1080 Ti Kingpin for 600 dollar.

Soldato
Sorry to say but I would not buy a 2nd hand 2080 ti without seeing it in action. Too many of the early cards had space invader artifacts. I bought a B grade 2080ti for a punt off OCUK for £850 knowing I could send it back and after 5 minutes I was playing Space Invaders so it went back for a refund no problem due to OCUK's good return process. In end I went for a 2080 brand new and saved some money. Can you do the same with this and return it in good faith if it has a fault ?

Personally I would have tried to talk down the price of the Kingpin and failing that bought a 2070S.

Associate
OP
Sorry to say but I would not buy a 2nd hand 2080 ti without seeing it in action. Too many of the early cards had space invader artifacts. I bought a B grade 2080ti for a punt off OCUK for £850 knowing I could send it back and after 5 minutes I was playing Space Invaders so it went back for a refund no problem due to OCUK's good return process. In end I went for a 2080 brand new and saved some money. Can you do the same with this and return it in good faith if it has a fault ?

Personally I would have tried to talk down the price of the Kingpin and failing that bought a 2070S.

Nah its aftermarket but first he said okay to 820 dollar then he dont wanna do deal and tried to push to 900dollar so i said no thx.

I did buy today my frieds card 1080 Ti Kingpin for 550 dollar. He bought the card 2019-01. So i have still so far I understand 4 years warrenty left.
I got also Bykski ice dragon also wich i dont have custom loop on my rigg. I Will sell that for like 50 dollar.

Card runing pretty awesome.
Power 130%
Gpu temp 90@
Clock 60+
Memonry 500+
100% voltage
65% on fan speed

So i get stable at 2063mhz with max ,60-62 degress.

Back
Top Bottom