G. Skill Trident Z Neo

Associate
I'm looking at building a ryzen based machine soon, but all the reported issues with memory are a bit worrying.

I see the Trident Z Neo is supposed to be properly compatible, but wondering if anyone had any experience of it and/or the memory issues?

Is 3200 more compatible than 3600?

Cheers

Man of Honour
I'm looking at building a ryzen based machine soon, but all the reported issues with memory are a bit worrying.

I see the Trident Z Neo is supposed to be properly compatible, but wondering if anyone had any experience of it and/or the memory issues?

Is 3200 more compatible than 3600?

Cheers
I've never had any issues when using Samsung B-Die ram (8Pack RAM, G.Skill etc) on multiple generations of Ryzen or Threadripper.

Most memory issues were the first and second Gen, the latest 3rd Gen is a lot better for compatibility etc...

I'm currently running a 3600X and 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V's (4x8GB) at 3600MHz C17 and it runs beautifully, the sticks are B-Die. 4 sticks can be harder on the CPU/Motherboard, but again I've never had any issues getting the quoted memory specs :)

Associate
I got the G.SKILL 32GB Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz PC4-28800 CL16 (16-19-19-39) F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC kit (DJR Hynix as the Samsung b die was almost double the price at the time i bought these) and it was really straight forward. Enable xmp in the bios and instantly saw the 3600MHZ and advertised timings and working like that ever since.

At some point in the future i might tighten the timings or try to go 3733 or 3800mhz i have seen some people managed to do so with this kit although i highly doubt my cpu will be able to do 1900 Infinity Fabric. I got the 3950x.

If you are going for a 3000 ryzen they are supposed to be able to handle out of the box 3600mhz if the ram kit can do it. The processors should be able to do higher but it will depend on if you want to have 1:1 memory and IF ratio or not.

If you are going to use a 2000 ryzen or 1000 ryzen then there are issues there and they can support 3200mhz or below on the 1000 processors with exceptions for higher memory clocks. I am not very familiar with these though as I jumped on 3000 series.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Memory issues are few and far between now on Ryzen 3.

If you want absolute trouble free then you need to be looking at 3200-3600MHz and if value for money is in mind then get Corsair Vengeance or Vengeance Pro RGB Ryzen certified which OcUK sells many versions of.
Also the Crucial Ballistic OcUK sells is Micron E-die which again is perfect for Ryzen.

If you want the very best for tight timings and high speeds then Samsung screened B-Die is still the best and all the 8 Pack memory features this and will run without issue also.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the input chaps, I've managed to get hold of the G.Skill Neo. But the confirmation that generally the mem issues have gone away is comforting.

I'll likely be pairing this with a gigabyte Aorus Master X570 mobo and a 3900x, so fingers crossed :D.

Cheers
Andy

Associate
Thanks for the input chaps, I've managed to get hold of the G.Skill Neo. But the confirmation that generally the mem issues have gone away is comforting.

I'll likely be pairing this with a gigabyte Aorus Master X570 mobo and a 3900x, so fingers crossed :D.

Cheers
Andy
I can confirm this kit with the Aorus Master X570 works with no issues with the 3950x, I assume it will work as well with the 3900x. Lemme know if you need assistance once you get the mobo and build your desktop.

Associate
OP
Just to confirm, I built my machine yesterday with this RAM and it was flawless, XMP profile works out of the gate so no issues there. Oh, and it looks great installed as well.

Cheers
Andy

Associate
Just to confirm, I built my machine yesterday with this RAM and it was flawless, XMP profile works out of the gate so no issues there. Oh, and it looks great installed as well.

Cheers
Andy
Well done, the blings is the only reason I had to go for a water cooler and not a beefy air cooler just to be able to see the rgb which looks really nice.

Caporegime
I am looking at getting this RAM as it is the cheapest 3600 CL16 kit in my area at £175. Is it a definite purchase recommendation? I see so much FOMO fever about Samsug Bdie at much more cost but in the end I just want reliable, well-performing RAM on AMD 3000 and 4000. :)

EDIT - Ok I just bought a set s they are selling out everywhere and seem really good price/performance value. I am sure they will last me until I upgrade to AM5. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom