VR limited by AMD vs NVidia

Associate
OP
Such as? I play all my vr titles on an amd card and have had no issues. All my games play great.

I have scars from using AMD in the past (but we're talking some time ago) so just wanted to check AMD chipsets are supported just as widely as Nvidia for VR games. -- I think your answer confirms my question, are you using RIFT by any chance?

Man of Honour
I have scars from using AMD in the past (but we're talking some time ago) so just wanted to check AMD chipsets are supported just as widely as Nvidia for VR games. -- I think your answer confirms my question, are you using RIFT by any chance?

Im using a rift s, amd threadripper 1950x, 64gb ddr4 3466, amd radeon 7. So yea all AMD build. I dont think you can go far wrong either side imo both are going to have their moments during the ownership lifecycle. But raw performance (aside from 2080ti), visual quality etc there really is little to chose between the two.

Associate
OP
Im using a rift s, amd threadripper 1950x, 64gb ddr4 3466, amd radeon 7. So yea all AMD build. I dont think you can go far wrong either side imo both are going to have their moments during the ownership lifecycle. But raw performance (aside from 2080ti), visual quality etc there really is little to chose between the two.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

Man of Honour
Yeah no issue here with all AMD and oculus. I have never had to fiddle to get anything to work (kind of miss the fiddling).

Soldato
Assuming I go down the AMD CPU route, my gut would have said, stick with the 5700x rather than the Nvidia 2080, but given the above, probably will go 2080

Are you talking about the 2080 Super or just a 2080? For VR the 5700XT, the 2070 Super and the 2080 give roughly the same experience in VR for the most part. The 2080 Super is a little bit ahead but it's not worth the price difference over the 2070 Super, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom