Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
c54b2438827fd7cb6978b4b2b90ef8ae.jpg

Clean..

Soldato
Has the sidewall collapsed on that rear tyre?

EDIT: Sorry, could be the way its sitting on the small kerb thing.
That's how the sidewall is :) bit stretched to clear the inner fender...

The wheels are just for the winter while my split SSRs are being refurbished. I don't like them either but they'll do for now.

Totally crashed through Halfords and max power head office ;)

Soldato
That's how the sidewall is :) bit stretched to clear the inner fender...

The wheels are just for the winter while my split SSRs are being refurbished. I don't like them either but they'll do for now.

Totally crashed through Halfords and max power head office ;)

Ah ok, was just in case :)

I do 'love' the crashed through Halfords look, always gets a smile! Surprising amount of cars on the road with all sorts of tat still stuck on to them.

Soldato
Ah ok, was just in case :)

I do 'love' the crashed through Halfords look, always gets a smile! Surprising amount of cars on the road with all sorts of tat still stuck on to them.

It hasn't really crashed through Halfords haha.

The wheels don't suit and are temporarily but who cares, it's winter.

Usually the car looks like this -;

d5d40654aefcf1d7d48cb94a7e8d6a75.jpg

9159a9acca9c4e0f83e53ed0fbe6b2c0.jpg

And I love how it looks, obviously I'm here to satisfy my taste not others :D

Man of Honour
Goes to show that no matter what car they're on, black wheels always look crap. Truly gorgeous exterior paint, though.

I think they look alright on the Nissan Skyline R34 Z-Tune - depending a bit on the bodywork colour (though they still look better slightly off black).

Soldato
Crashed through halfords :D
Get out :D

The issue with black wheels is that they hide the actual design of the wheel. I don't mind gunmetal or dark silver but black is not my thing. I did run flat black wheels on my s2k and it looked alright on a bright day but invisible on the normal cloudy day..

Soldato
It hasn't really crashed through Halfords haha.

The wheels don't suit and are temporarily but who cares, it's winter.

Usually the car looks like this -;

And I love how it looks, obviously I'm here to satisfy my taste not others :D

Sorry, I didn't mean your car! I meant the typical small car with stupid big wheels, sun strips, exhaust tips, etc!

OcUK Staff
Get out :D

The issue with black wheels is that they hide the actual design of the wheel. I don't mind gunmetal or dark silver but black is not my thing. I did run flat black wheels on my s2k and it looked alright on a bright day but invisible on the normal cloudy day..

Design plays a big part and I’m normally in the camp of black wheels don’t work but for me on my 911 and the Ferrari it simply did work and was also the best choice, maybe it’s a yellow car thing but my 911 was similar with a lot of black accenting and so it just worked.

The design of the 458 wheels is so simple that the colour does not really matter as there is really no design to the wheels and as such not a great deal to hide but in natural light in real life to me they can be seen easily and for me the design seems to show on photos too, just the ocuk anti black wheel squad, bunch of racist. :D

Soldato
Design plays a big part and I’m normally in the camp of black wheels don’t work but for me on my 911 and the Ferrari it simply did work and was also the best choice, maybe it’s a yellow car thing but my 911 was similar with a lot of black accenting and so it just worked.

The design of the 458 wheels is so simple that the colour does not really matter as there is really no design to the wheels and as such not a great deal to hide but in natural light in real life to me they can be seen easily and for me the design seems to show on photos too, just the ocuk anti black wheel squad, bunch of racist. :D
Yeah you can get away with black wheels on some cars. I do quite like them on your 458 not going to lie but I guess the overall "do black wheels look good" is ruined by the average BMW/Merc etc with black wheels look that you see every day.

I didn't mind my s2k on flat black wheels or even Oz gloss that I ran temporary.

9be03668226b911b64f4195ec54df320.jpg

6a298db402ac98fd7b09d17afbc09d9f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom