Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't how many times i have to say? this is going to be the final time, how can you not understand how a trial works. If you are accused of something, hearsay is not enough. Show me evidence that supports Lev's claim that he was ordered to spy? a audio conversation? an email? a text message? anything. I haven't seen anything to support this claim, if audio is released in the trial or something which supports the claim and you can hear Trump say it, i'm all ears, i'm willing to change my view obviously. But if a president is to be removed, it needs overwhelming evidence to support that

Clinton had in investigation opened on her, didn't she? Was she found guilty? She wasn't.

You talked about not being able to trust Zalensky because of pressure. How do you know that Lev Parnas is not being leveraged to say these things? See, works both ways.

That's why you need more than hearsay, so i'll ask again, show me the evidence, link me to it please, i'm quite happy to look at it, but i haven't seen anything yet.

The president is allowed to use his privilege in circumstances surrounding national security, Obama did it, was he impeached? No. The president is allowed leeway as he also considered an enforcer.

Show me the evidence, you keep saying these things, but you literally haven't linked me to any articles to back up the claims, just show me?
That’s the problem he handed the evidence over with audio recordings and documents and the Republicans voted to suppress the evidence and Trump boasted about having material but he is withholding it. Some of it was leaked to the press but the rest of it is being withhold from the public. Just like the transcript the Republicans voted to suppress.

Given that Trump just spent days flat out lying on TV which for some reason you seem fine with and given that we have first hand witness deeply involved saying it’s all true. Then why is it acceptable for the Republicans to suppress evidence and for Trump to boast about it? Its got nothing to do with national security you cannot just commit a crime and go its national security no one is allowed to look into it. At the very least a team with security clearance should be allowed to look at the full transcript and other evidence and go its clears Trump or makes him guilty. If Trump was not guilty he could have cleared his name months ago. Instead he is doing a cover up suppressing evidence.

How can it be a fair trial when Trump is allowed to withhold and surpass evidence of wrong doing? It’s a joke of a defense by the Republicans, all they are doing is one big cover up. But everyone said that would be the case going in. None of us expected Trump to be removed from office as we all said from the start the Republicans are not interested in fair process and would rig the trial just as they have done. I will be completely shocked if he gets removed.

The one thing this has done is shown how completely dishonest and untrustworthy Trump is. Even you cannot argue against that after the past 2 days where Trump being caught flat out lying and misleading people. That's 100% proven.

Soldato
That’s the problem he handed the evidence over with audio recordings and documents and the Republicans voted to suppress the evidence and Trump boasted about having material but he is withholding it. Some of it was leaked to the press but the rest of it is being withhold from the public. Just like the transcript the Republicans voted to suppress.

Given that Trump just spent days flat out lying on TV which for some reason you seem fine with and given that we have first hand witness deeply involved saying it’s all true. Then why is it acceptable for the Republicans to suppress evidence and for Trump to boast about it? Its got nothing to do with national security you cannot just commit a crime and go its national security no one is allowed to look into it. At the very least a team with security clearance should be allowed to look at the full transcript and other evidence and go its clears Trump or makes him guilty. If Trump was not guilty he could have cleared his name months ago. Instead he is doing a cover up suppressing evidence.

How can it be a fair trial when Trump is allowed to withhold and surpass evidence of wrong doing? It’s a joke of a defense by the Republicans, all they are doing is one big cover up. But everyone said that would be the case going in. None of us expected Trump to be removed from office as we all said from the start the Republicans are not interested in fair process and would rig the trial just as they have done. I will be completely shocked if he gets removed.

The one thing this has done is shown how completely dishonest and untrustworthy Trump is. Even you cannot argue against that after the past 2 days where Trump being caught flat out lying and misleading people. That's 100% proven.

The problem is double standard, you're fine with democrat politicians bending the truth. Answer me this, are there any corrupt democrats? How about realising that both sides partake in it, politics is a dirty game. You can't honestly believe that all republicans are dishonest but all democrats are great. You've got to understand that the democrats will and are going to play dirty, this is their chance to get payback for Clinton.

They hate the fact that America is doing well economically, they hate the fact that Trump is showing China a tougher stance and is willing to take politically hit jobs for the greater good. There is only political downside to taking on China, he will not get any credit in the short term, maybe in 20 years time, when the dust has settled and people can look at it without emotion, he'll get some recognition for what a massive task it is. The democrats hate the fact that Trump showed balls with Iran, you literally have a person who was on the terror watchlist under Obama, Bush and Clinton but were all too scared to touch. The democrats hate it

People in this thread and the Trump thread keep chopping and changing about what the president is being impeached or removed for. It's spying, now its not, its trying to fire the ambassador, now its not. It's withholding aid which is the crime now, the GAO said he broke federal law, without realising the GAO said Obama broke it 7 times during his tenure.

You've got to make up your mind about what he should actually be removed for.

It's the intent to withhold aid for political gain which is the point that should argued..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Trump and his administration are collectively losing their minds right now because they all know that they’re guilty of every single thing being said about them.

He talks like a mob boss because those are the people he works with and knows. “Take her out”, “He’s gotta pay...”

He’s a moronic thug. The Republicans and their supporters sure do get their noses out of joint easily. Schiff repeating what their boss said offended their delicate sensibilities ;).

Soldato
Trump and his administration are collectively losing their minds right now because they all know that they’re guilty of every single thing being said about them.

He talks like a mob boss because those are the people he works with and knows. “Take her out”, “He’s gotta pay...”

He’s a moronic thug. The Republicans and their supporters sure do get their noses out of joint easily. Schiff repeating what their boss said offended their delicate sensibilities ;).

It'll be interesting to see the break down of how everyone voted, theres talk that the democrats are not united and quite a few of them are going to be voting to acquit Trump.
That should tell you everything really.

Caporegime
It'll be interesting to see the break down of how everyone voted, theres talk that the democrats are not united and quite a few of them are going to be voting to acquit Trump.
That should tell you everything really.
It doesn’t tell us anything other than you making stuff up again. Unless you have proof or evidence that the Dems aren’t united....
But aside from that, did my above post hurt your delicate sensibilities??

Soldato
“The problem is double standard, you're fine with democrat politicians bending the truth.”
There is no double standard from me. I am never fine with the democrats bending the truth and I don’t support or like them. The problem is you have a double standard where the smallest thing even if it’s a debunked conspiracy theory or hearsay against the democrats you jump on it as it’s the truth saying it needs looking into. But if it’s against Trump even with x5 more evidence behind it you won’t accept it or think about the possibility of it being true or that is should be fairly investigated.

That’s all I want a fair and reasonable investigation. Surly you can see there is enough evidence to say someone should be looking into the evidence against Trump. Even if its not made public for security reasons the evidence should be looked, not suppressed and hidden away like Trumps is doing.

If we turn this around you wouldn’t accept this behavior from the democrat’s so why do you accept it from Trump? You wouldn’t accept the democrats voting and succeeding to suppress evidence against one of their own and then the democrat leader boasting about having material that they are not handing over. Why is that ok for Trump?

“answer me this, are there any corrupt democrats?”

Of course there are corrupt democrats but I don’t know of any that get anywhere near the amount of corruption or dishonesty Trump is known for. Now answer me this. Trump has been completely dishonest and lied a lot on TV the past few days. Why do you find that acceptable and ok? You haven’t called him out on it once.

“ You can't honestly believe that all republicans are dishonest but all democrats are great”
Of course not I don’t even like or support the Democrats and I am pretty sure I said in last week that I am not lumping all republicans as being as bad as Trump. In fact, as I said before I don’t see Trump as a real republican and I am not against republicans winning the next election with the right leader. I am anti Trump not anti republican. Trump doesn't care about republicans or democrats. All that matters to Trump is how he can get as much power and money for himself. I cannot find the link now as its so many years back but when Trump was a Democrat he said something along the lines of I am swapping to republicans as I cannot win as a Democrate but I can fool them as a republican. Something like that.

“You've got to make up your mind about what he should actually be removed for.”
No I don’t. I can change my mind and expand or subtract as new evidence comes out. As far as I am concerned, he wasn’t suited for the job or the required standard when he cheated on his wife, stole all that charity money and constantly lies and mocks people and the none stop lies and dishonesty.

“They hate the fact that America is doing well economically, “
What little is good is just lingering from the last president. Under Trump the economically is in a dreadful state with massive debt spiraling out of control on the way to bankruptcy. Government shutdowns making them look like a 3rd world country. Trump is running a 82.2% fail rate on policies. In that small success rate includes the pulling out of the Paris climate deal because he is an idiot who doesn’t understand how wind power works. Hardly a real success. Trump’s results are terrbile.

Trump is also running a record on dishonesty and lies being told, massively beyond other recently presidents. Trumps fact checked scorecard is currently 71% of what he says is false, if you add in the stuff that is half true it goes up to 85% is false. Only 15% is true. That’s how dishonest he is and its massively worse then a typical politician. How can you find that acceptable? He doesn't even work full works not starting till 11m or later and on average working 3 or 4 day weeks as he is spending so much working time instead playing golf. It’s the lying, mocking and dishonesty I don’t like most of all.

“fact that Trump is showing China a tougher stance and is willing to take politically hit jobs for the greater good. “
Trump isn’t giving China a tougher stance he has been a complete joke against China losing out and given them what they want. Trump has gained nothing against China. Trump caused massive US Job losses and companies to go bankrupt only to sign practically the same deal with China as they had before everything started. One giant fail. China won and got everything they wanted while the US came out with the same deal as the started. Just like NK and all the others is a giant fail on Trumps sheet.

Trump hasn’t done anything for the greater good. All he has done is benefit his Elite 1% friends while fooling a bunch of every day working people.

Soldato
It doesn’t tell us anything other than you making stuff up again. Unless you have proof or evidence that the Dems aren’t united....
But aside from that, did my above post hurt your delicate sensibilities??

Delicate sensibilities? You sound like a child.

Sen. Chris Murphy said Saturday morning that Democrats are likely to be united on a key procedural vote on calling witnesses next week, though he acknowledged that not all 47 Democrats are guaranteed to vote to convict the president.

The Connecticut Democrat said that Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and other party leaders aren’t whipping senators on the question of the final verdict. Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) are considered the most likely senators to be mulling possible acquittal votes.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/25/senate-impeachment-trial-live-highlights-and-updates-104250

Caporegime

I assume like quite a few of the more hard core Trump supporters he is referring to civil war between true Americans and Democrats. Started to see that crop up a lot more in last few days on social media. Perhaps prepping up for when Trump is found guilty but then refuses to leave the WH and calls upon his faithful to come defend the WH to stop him getting evicted?

Caporegime
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom