If you could choose any film to re-watch in a cinema...

Commissario
I’d just like to know for definite what the bloody hell happened!
man came out of the toilet and shot Tony in the face
Posted in spoiler tags because even though it's old, not everyone will have seen it. I only caught up with this show myself a couple of years ago and would have been devastated if I'd known how it ended before I saw it.
I know a lot of people didn't like it but I thought it was a perfect ending. I just re-watched those last few minutes again and had goosebumps on my arms.

Caporegime
man came out of the toilet and shot Tony in the face
Posted in spoiler tags because even though it's old, not everyone will have seen it. I only caught up with this show myself a couple of years ago and would have been devastated if I'd known how it ended before I saw it.
I know a lot of people didn't like it but I thought it was a perfect ending. I just re-watched those last few minutes again and had goosebumps on my arms.
I saw a rumour somewhere that they’re gonna clear up what happened in the new movie about Tony’s young life starring his real life son as a younger Tony. I think it’s called The Many Saints of Newark.

Soldato
Besides the Alien and Predator franchise films, probably Avatar, I had no idea until a few moments ago that they are now talking of a delayed release date of Dec 2021 for Avatar 2... When last time I looked it was Easter 2020! :eek:

Soldato
Besides the Alien and Predator franchise films, probably Avatar, I had no idea until a few moments ago that they are now talking of a delayed release date of Dec 2021 for Avatar 2... When last time I looked it was Easter 2020! :eek:

Showcase are reshowing Aliens this year, just booked tickets for march. On my birthday as well of all days.

Managed to watch Alien 4k remaster this time last year at cinema so this is a nice progression. Favourite movie of all time.

Soldato
@Feek @robfosters in regards to the sopranos ending, it also echoes back to an earlier season conversation in which...

Tony is discussing with someone what happens when you die, he says something along the lines of I expect its just darkness or fade to black. Haven't rewatched since the finale to hard to remember exactly how it was phrased.

To me, with that conversation it's pretty concrete he got clipped

Soldato
The Transformers movie was the first film I went to, or more allowed to go see on my own. There's actually very little now that's left on the bucket list beyond not being there at the time due to VR viewing on a big screen in a theatre setting. Most of the 70's and early 80's I've finally lived the experience, Superman was flipping epic with the credit roll and drop over krypton. The Valve Index is good enough for anything, certainly 70's, 80's 90's.

VR gives you the experience, but it doesn't make up for the buzz and excitement of the time. If you could turn back the clock though, it'd be a toss up between Jedi with the group of kids I saw it with, Goonies a year later, or Batman 89. Just standing in line outside the Curzon in Loughborough on opening night for Batman was something good with the crowd we had.

Associate
The Empire Strikes Back.

I witnessed the TV advert & Kennar Toys advert of the AT-AT (I had not seen Star Wars: A New Hope) so for me, ESB was the first film. I was simply awe-struck.

Trailers before they gave away all the plot:

As an introduction to the series as a nipper, my old man approved. :)

Man of Honour
If it's wipe it from my memory and watch on the bigliest of big screens...

Big list incoming. :D

Blade Runner
V for Vendetta
Alien + Aliens
Raiders of the Lost Ark + Temple of Doom
Gremlins & Gremlins 2
The Sting
Apocalypse Now
Life of Brian + Holy Grail
Starship Troopers
Back to the Future
Ghostbusters
Little Shop of Horrors
Pulp Fiction
Grand Budapest Hotel
Blues Brothers
Tora! Tora! Tora!
The Goonies
Grand Prix
Le Mans
The Great Race
Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Godfather + Part 2

These are the ones that have come straight to mind, I've seen many of them at the cinema over the last few years though. Fabulous experience with equally appreciative people. :D

Soldato
My 'go to' movie has always been Jaws as long as I can remember.

I wasnt even around when it was released at the cinema so I first saw it as a child on a VHS tape that my dad rented out from the local video shop. I must have seen this movie well over a hundred times in various formats and own most of the formats of the film as well.

Never seen it on the big screen though........

You and I are soul mates.

(nohomo)

Back
Top Bottom