Kobe Bryant Dead

Caporegime
BBC showed footage of Lebron James playing basketball while talking about Kobe.. :eek:

"all rook same" or something. :eek:

There's actually a video clip of a news broadcast floating about and the host stutters over her words and practically says "niggahs" when she was trying to say lakers.

Caporegime
It is quite big here actually, the NBA play a few games here every year and they are pretty much sold out.
But nothing is more pathetic than you making a stupid comment. Either grow up or you know just STFU if you haven’t got anything nice to say or add.

Think you've completely misunderstood what he was saying.

He said the BBC are pathetic for using incorrect footage in a report on Kobe's death.

Associate
It is quite big here actually, the NBA play a few games here every year and they are pretty much sold out.
No idea as to why you said it’s pathetic though??
Basketballs not big in this country mate most people think its a girls game its a Netball rip off.

Caporegime
Showing clips of Lebron while talking about Kobe is pretty pathetic if you ask me. Get the player right at least...

Indeed I just saw the clip, BBC are a joke really.

Basketballs not big in this country mate most people think its a girls game its a Netball rip off.

I think you will find it’s quite popular mate, as I said try and get tickets for any NBA games when played here and you will see that it’s impossible. If it wasn’t that popular then they wouldn’t play games here would they??
Lol comparing it to netball is just stupid, it’s nothing like netball.

Soldato
Indeed I just saw the clip, BBC are a joke really.

I think you will find it’s quite popular mate, as I said try and get tickets for any NBA games when played here and you will see that it’s impossible.

Well yeah, I know exactly how popular it is here - I sometimes go to my local BBL games and play casually myself. It's not remotely "big" here though. Ask 100 random people on the street if they watch or play basketball and you'll get 3 "played it in high school a bit" and that's it.

Soldato
Well yeah, I know exactly how popular it is here - I sometimes go to my local BBL games and play casually myself. It's not remotely "big" here though. Ask 100 random people on the street if they watch or play basketball and you'll get 3 "played it in high school a bit" and that's it.

Until this thread I had no idea who he was... the twitter storm(?) over the BBC slip up is ridiculous... would US media even mention it if say a rugby or cricket star had died instead? I'll take that as a "no". Media in general is too US centric.

Soldato
My friends and I were all in shock. Lakers were never my team but you see so much of Kobe and he dominated the sport in such a way it felt like we knew him. Weird but it felt like losing a friend

Back
Top Bottom