Plusnet Discussion Thread

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Up and running to day with Plusnet. Kids were shocked to find out there was no internet today morning when they woke up. That ment no youtube :D

Done several speedtest and syncing between 53-56mb.

It's only first day. Expect to be syncing around 67-70mb soon, was getting with BT

Soldato
So how is plusnet? Its currently 24.99 a month for Unlimited Fibre Extra (39-55Mb).

I'm currently with sky getting 55Mb but their systems are ***** and won't let me migrate to a new package so I'm looking to move.

Is the router any good?

Soldato
So how is plusnet?
They're generally okay. I've had no reason to regret being one of their customers for several years.
Is the router any good?
It's a rebadged BT HH5 and nothing to get excited about. On the plus side, they don't care if you use your own equipment, and it's a standard PPPoE connection so almost any VDSL modem/router will work without complications.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
So how is plusnet? Its currently 24.99 a month for Unlimited Fibre Extra (39-55Mb).

I'm currently with sky getting 55Mb but their systems are ***** and won't let me migrate to a new package so I'm looking to move.

Is the router any good?

So far so good. Its only been 2 days. Still in DLM period. Syncing around 56Mb. Should increase soon, hopefully

I've found WiFi signel to be a little weak. BT hub was better. Maybe I need to tinker around with settings. If not can use my old bt hub if need be. There is a guide on plusnet forum.

Associate
I'm looking to move to Plusnet from BT purely for price. My contract ends with BT on the 19/02/2020, does this mean I can switch on the 19/01/2020 with minimal downtime?

Soldato
I'm looking to move to Plusnet from BT purely for price. My contract ends with BT on the 19/02/2020, does this mean I can switch on the 19/01/2020 with minimal downtime?

It's been a few years since I switched but from memory these days it is like any other utility with next to no downtime. IIRC I gave notice to my existing supplier in the month before contract end, they shipped the new router in the notice period, gave me my credentials in the same time frame and on the day just plugged the new one in and maybe had a couple of hours downtime.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Ditched PlusnetHub and went back using BTHub6.

No more complaints..... Easy guide on Plusnet forums for anyone who wants to use BTHub

Soldato
OP
Yea, DLM is annoying, but it’s just part of the process unfortunately.

Yes these are the PN rules below:

For FTTC (Dynamic Line Management - DLM Policy)

On the first day, your line will start at its fastest possible speed and Dynamic Line Management (DLM) will monitor the line for 24 hours.
Depending on the line's stability, the speed will be adjusted then checked again in 24 hours.
This will continue for up to 10 days until it finds the most stable speed for your line so please leave your Plusnet Hub One router turned on for the first 10 days while we are testing.
We do this to make sure you have the fastest speed your line can support on a stable connection.
While we are testing, you may notice some variations in your broadband speed and your connection may be intermittent at times - this is normal.
Do not turn off your Plusnet Hub One router - keep it ON at all times because Dynamic Line Management (DLM) will monitor the line at all times.
To avoid Dynamic Line Management (DLM) after 10 days turn off your Plusnet Hub One router from the main socket for at least 30 minutes before turn it back on.

Associate
When i signed up i was getting 54-58mbps 6 months on and dropped since.........funny how they give you a minimum line guarantee (37.1) and its usually 1 meg or 2 above it........
My profile has been bumped back upto 40...far from the 67 from last year!

Soldato
When i signed up i was getting 54-58mbps 6 months on and dropped since.........funny how they give you a minimum line guarantee (37.1) and its usually 1 meg or 2 above it........
My profile has been bumped back upto 40...far from the 67 from last year!

They don’t give you a guarantee as such, openreach provide them with the lines estimated sync and a range that allows for variables, if it falls below the minimum handback threshold, then openreach will treat it as a fault (this is the guarantee), if it’s just on the low side of the range, then it’s not something that they will usually investigate. Personally I’ve always had middle to near the top end of any estimate provided, but I appreciate it can be lower.

Caporegime
11up and 5down today and dead phone line.......lolz
Sounds like a Dis One Leg fault. A phone line uses two copper cables and if one becomes disconnected or severed then the broadband will still work, just much slower than usual but the phone won't. Call your ISP or see if you can run tests on their website via 4g on your mobile. Running the test will usually cut your broadband off so don't do it on WiFi.

Soldato
It's a dead line so report it as a voice fault and avoid having to jump through diagnostic hoops.

The broadband will probably recover once the voice fault is fixed.

Associate
Joined Plus Net through Topcashback the other week but now on Topcashback my offer says declined by retailer. I've logged a claim with them but they cant review this until 27th Of Feb. Also spoke to Plus Net who can't do anything. Anyone had this issue before?

Associate
I already have an ongoing ticket open with them as my previous posts about the fibre not giving me the "guaranteed" minimal rate. It went back up after I reported it, think they reset the profile and I told them I will monitor it for the next 10 days, went to check last night and it all messed up again and worse now. I have updated the ticket and posts on either forum.

@The1nonly1 Yes mine was declined aswell and they gave me some crap about it not being tracked, even though I had ebay and Eurocarparts track with no issues the same day!

Back
Top Bottom