The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Associate
That was a fantastic start to the new series for me. Stepped it up again from what was already a decent series last time. It's fresh, funny and entertaining. Even the Mrs enjoyed it and before it started she moaned that "top gear is boring".

Looking forward to seeing what they do with the rest of the series.

Soldato
Expected it to be awful when these three were put together, but that episode was pretty entertaining. I did skip the Atom section though as I was bored of it after about two minutes.

Soldato
That's one of the craziest things I've seen on TV. You'd have to have so much faith in the people that reinforced that chassis to handle 7 tonnes of force.

Soldato
Fred was surprisingly calm....

I would never have been able to do that, I know it was a big crane but the stabiliser legs were barely extended and it was dropping with force a long way down

scary stuff

Associate
I thought the golf challenge was pretty funny.

Fred wondering why the car didn’t drop until he let the handbrake off was good, can’t believe he did it don’t think I could I’m sure it felt like an eternity on the platform

Associate
I'm not sure you can descibe any of them as weak links, they all bring something different to the table,

Harris - car knowledge/driving
Paddy - presenting
Fred - Big balls

If you took one of those out i'm not sure the show works at all.

Soldato
Good fun episode, enjoyed it. The characters all have their niggles I guess, but as a trio it works and they'll develop together. I'm sure if you looked at the old trio when they first started you could easily have made comparable criticisms about them in one way or another.

Associate
For me, it's Freddy that's the weakest link. Seemingly, he's only there because he's got balls to do the stunts. He's terrible talking to the camera.

Think the trio is developing quite well, and they do seem to all have their "traits" being set in stone now to bring different angles to the challenges. He did make me laugh before the bungee jump when he and Chris were joking about Stokes will be doing this in a few years etc...That did seem like two blokes having a laugh and ad-libbing rather then scripted jokes.

Will see how the rest of the series pans out, they do seem to have addressed the balance of taking the mick out of eachover, it was sometimes appeared a bit 1 way towards harris previously but each seemed to get their own fair share in this episode.

Back
Top Bottom