Finally, I get my day in court!

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, it means a lot. I wasn't expecting so many replies. I actually slept pretty well last night. Certainly feel ready to just get this out of the way now.

Man of Honour
I know they'll probably just get suspended sentences and community service but I'm going to do everything in my power tomorrow to make it as uncomfortable for them as I possibly can.

I hope they rot! I hope they get a couple of years in jail!!!

Just to manage expectations, I'm going to make a couple of assumptions explicit:
  1. This is the actual trial date
  2. They were charged with GBH without intent
If so, you likely won't know the sentence today. The judge will ask for pre-sentence reports from probation and others before sentencing to understand risk. I'd also suggest you read the sentencing guidelines to manage your expectations of what they'll get: https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.u...cting-grievous-bodily-harm-unlawful-wounding/

Soldato
So some of you may remember that on fathers day 2018 I was seriously injured at work by a group of 6 guys who'd been asked to leave their beer bottle outside of the Pub I was working at because it had been bought elsewhere. They attacked my colleague and then attacked me when I tried to defend him, he who then ran off and let me get my *** kicked. I had my leg broken in 12 places as a result of that attack. I spent almost 5 months in the Liverpool Royal confined to my bed for most of that, had surgery where they put in two metal plates and I'm told 18 pins. Spent over a week in post op intensive care where I believed I was going to die. I then had about another month stuck in a rehab centre, basically and old folks home where I finally got some decent physio.

Since then I've had one health problem after another, continuous swelling, continuous cellulitis & 4 Deep Vein Thrombosis scares. I am an in pain every day, though some are worse than others. My mobility is rubbish as my leg just doesn't work like it did. This coupled with the onset of type 2 diabetes because of my inactivity (now in remission) panic attacks and often crippling anxiety has made the past 19 or so months hell.

I know people have it far worse than me but my god I am angry! All of this while looking down the barrel of two more major operations, one to remove the metal work and the second so they can replace my knee.

I finally get my day in court tomorrow, I finally get to look the two **** houses they caught because of that stupid ****** beer bottle in their faces and try to get some justice.

I know they'll probably just get suspended sentences and community service but I'm going to do everything in my power tomorrow to make it as uncomfortable for them as I possibly can.

I hope they rot! I hope they get a couple of years in jail!!!

Sorry I just need to type all this out somewhere and here seemed as good a place as any. I'll keep you guys posted what happens when I get home if anyone is interested.

The real sad state of affairs is that they probably haven't given you a single thought since the attack of what hell you've been through. I really don't know how people could just go about their daily lives and not think about their actions.

I really hope you get the justice you deserve.

Back
Top Bottom