LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Soldato
OP
Watch the review hardly inferior tech, educate yourself. HDR1000 doesn't make something the best panel on the market.

I wouldn't say inferior, but it's hardly bleeding edge either, and apart from the response times and higher refresh at this resolution (the resolution itself is nothing new), it doesn't really offer much that other IPS screens haven't for years. Yes, as a package there is obvious appeal here given there is no other monitor currently offering these features... but when the price is considered (which it always should be), and the lack of proper HDR at that price point, it's a bit of a let down despite being a perfectly fine monitor in most respects. It all comes down to that price tag at the end of the day.

Associate
All this monitor really needed was 560 more vertical pixels and it would be many people's literal perfect endgame monitor. I'm really surprised LG didn't announce exactly that this year at CES tbh.

Caporegime
I did educate myself 3 years ago and went the superior route, OLED :D

£1000 for a 55" OLED or £1800 for a 38" LCD screen, tough decision......

I do agree though with this comment "HDR1000 doesn't make something the best panel on the market".

All this nonsense of HDR400, HDR1000 is pointless if you don't have the required hardware for "properly" displaying HDR content in the first place.

Sadly so many people who buy these "HDR" monitors end up being disappointed and thinking HDR is crap but that is down to these fake HDR monitors as they lack the necessary tech. to truly show HDR at its best.

Soldato
Right now, I couldn't care less about HDR. I don't want to buy into half arsed implementations of it multiple times. I'll go HDR when OLED-like self-emissive pixel displays are ubiquitous. All these fake HDR and crappy low quantity FALD displays are just not interesting.

Associate
Right now, I couldn't care less about HDR. I don't want to buy into half arsed implementations of it multiple times. I'll go HDR when OLED-like self-emissive pixel displays are ubiquitous. All these fake HDR and crappy low quantity FALD displays are just not interesting.

Right now I agree with you.

HDR 600 is hardly a proper HDR experience and it has no gsync module. I will get the 38gl950g and wait until proper HDR monitors come out with no fald.

Associate
Not only that, they had 54 of them in stock as of yesterday. I've never seen such new release quantities of a high end monitor like this before with them. I imagine they expect large sales.

Caporegime
There will be a lot of returns on this... at this price point people rightly expect near perfection, and they won't get it.

Agreed. If I was spending £1800 I would send it back for the slightest fault. I was anal over the £450 monitor I bought a few years ago never mind £1800!

Back
Top Bottom