******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
panos = derek smart in disguise.

I do not get it. Instead of replying to the videos and criticism you decide instead to attack those pointing the obvious!

Why you aren't frustrated against Roberts who cuts down the promised made just 1 month ago, just in the period wanted to boost ship sales?

He lied again for 6th year in row.

Soldato
You wrote "lol at this guy" so replied in kind.
So it's not something you actually mean, or is this just your way of avoiding the question?

I wrote "lol this guy..." because not only are you continually banging on with the same old, same old to anyone you hope will listen, it was in direct response to your outright lie when someone asked a question about the game.
You said:
What game? If you want to fly around few hours with the ship fine. But it doesn't even have a full solar system yet.
You know damn well that you can do a LOT more than just "fly around few hours with the ship". Why be so disingenuous and why try so hard to fit everything around your own bitter narrative?

If you're going to offer advice, then be honest.

Furthermore, most of your points have been addressed repeatedly by others, yet you pretty much just keep saying the same thing over and over.

FWIW, I agree that things could and should have progressed a lot quicker than they have, but just because you've managed to convince yourself that it's all a scam etc, it doesn't make it true, no matter how many times you repeat youself.

Soldato
I do not get it. Instead of replying to the videos and criticism you decide instead to attack those pointing the obvious!

Why you aren't frustrated against Roberts who cuts down the promised made just 1 month ago, just in the period wanted to boost ship sales?

You've lied about how many games they are making by suggesting there is a third called marine, there is not (there is star marine & arena commander which are smaller sub games within the PU side for testing and some gameplay as things were being built out) and you lied about the SQ42 chapter stuff because you keep wanting to find something to moan at on here which was all factually incorrect and dishonest.

Just leave the topic alone if your not interested. You've ignored any sensible reply showing where you've been wrong.

And you keep saying play X4, but it's a very different game with zero multiplayer. It is a great game for what it is but it isn't comparative. Just like NMS (these days) is also something I can enjoy for what it is. I do actually struggle with Elite Dangeours, it has sub divided the community through game modes, is 32 player instances (yet they bang on about how great multiplayer is in that game, it isn't really), it offers mining, scanning and fps in ships and you are about set as far as I can remember from when I last logged in, they also sold a lot of their original backer targets in DLC side or haven't produced them at all yet (space legs for last 4 years or so being discussed etc) but they seem to get a pass. Tbh I have found all Frontier games to be a little lack luster, Planet Coaster I loved during Alpha but it really never made it to the tycoon side and just a pretty builder. Anyways...

Oh and people like myself replied to the video posted and you ignored it all because it didn't fit your narrative because you seem so personally burnt by this project that CIG are doing.

Edit: A roadmap isn't a promise. It is intention and those change. Historically January has always seen huge changes because they try to plan for the next 12 months aims like any company should be doing (some do it by financial year in April, but point doesn't change). And with that, you will see backers including myself get really annoyed at the extreme changes still even though we know it was likely to happen based both on past experience and the known pace of CIG (snail pace).

Criticism is good, we do it all time as backers and in our Discord but we also look at it factually and with having played it, logged in and tried what is there to test. I have still managed to get more hours in SC than most games I have brought (bar Stellaris) but it can be frustrating too.

Last edited:
Soldato
You've lied about how many games they are making by suggesting there is a third called marine (there is not, there is star marine & arena commander) and you lied about the SQ42 chapter stuff because you keep wanting to find something to moan at on here.

Just leave the topic alone if your not interested. You've ignored any sensible reply showing where you've been wrong.

And you keep saying play X4, but it's a very different game with zero multiplayer. It is a great game for what it is but it isn't comparative.

The guy is just an arrogant troll Curly, he has lied and spread so much misinformation in this thread it's unreal. Plus, if you look through the history of the thread.. the numbers he provides all the time have changed every time he has posted them. So it's fair to assume he is blatantly making them up. The only thing coming out of his mouth is utter ******** and everyone in this thread including himself would be better off if he would just **** off but he seems to enjoy being a **** too much.

Soldato
You've lied about how many games they are making by suggesting there is a third called marine (there is not, there is star marine & arena commander) and you lied about the SQ42 chapter stuff because you keep wanting to find something to moan at on here.

And you keep saying play X4, but it's a very different game with zero multiplayer. It is a great game for what it is but it isn't comparative.

Star Marine today - as released by end 2016 is a cut down version of what was planned all way to start of 2016. (Astro Arena anyone?)
The video from 2016, of what was missing from Star Marine and what was promised that never got delivered.
What happened to Star Marine the last 3 years? Is Star Marine the same game promised all way to end 2015 start 2016?

Soldato
Star Marine today - as released by end 2016 is a cut down version of what was planned all way to start of 2016. (Astro Arena anyone?)
The video from 2016, of what was missing from Star Marine and what was promised that never got delivered.
What happened to Star Marine the last 3 years? Is Star Marine the same game promised all way to end 2015 start 2016?

Star Marine is not a completely sold seperate 3rd game, it is part of the PU as extension for testing and get backers into the FPS combat. They said 3 years ago it wasn't going to get much love for a while, then a year ago they did give it some time with a new team whom gave it a new larger scaled map and other balance changes to test. Now they are and have been working on Theaters of War side of it for a more Battlefield 5 type capture point gameplay.

So yeah again, you are wrong. Star Marine is not any type of "game" they are developing separate. Yeah Astro Arena was a WIP gamemode inside of Star Marine, it got canned because things went wrong between CIG and the 3rd party company and didn't work out. CIG took over in house and it never got any further after that. What is your point with that? That is development. It changed and they went other ways with stuff. It still doesn't change that Star Marine (not Marine as you called it) is not a 3rd game at all. Edit: but I would love to see Astro Arean one day in Star Marine but that could come after release of the PU in 2025+ or whatever.

Edit: Also you keep using promise for what CIG show, they are not promises, they are showing development of what was happening and being worked on, some works out and some doesn't and gets canned. Where is the "we promise to get this out to you" and "we promise it will be on this date" in anything stated at any point? If you cannot understand development and what stage Alpha represents then you are always going to get salty.

Almost nobody is getting upset at the delay of Cyberpunk 2077 from a company with over 800 employees (over 500 developers) with more than 400 working on it since 2014 (predevelopment/early dev time smaller team 2012-2014) which is single player and them pushing multiplayer elements back to 2022 now.

Yet you seem to take such a hard look at this like CIG are the only people to delay, change etc their plans and because you don't personally like the time or direction you get all salty in here with no real facts and even using videos but only taken half of what is said in those videos to suit your points.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Cyberpunk_2077 was delayed.

They started on that game in 2013.

CD Project have 900 Staff, compare that to 600 at CIG.

Star Citizen is way bigger and way more complex than Cyberpunk_2077, its not even a Multiplayer game.

Large complex games are difficult to make, especially if a lot of what you are doing has never been done before, this also makes it impossible to accurately predict how long it should take.

PS: I can play Star Citizen.

Soldato
So it sounds like SC still has a long way to go? My understanding of what has been explained here is that currently it's more of a space simulator than a traditional video game - as in this game is basically Flight Simulator in space

Caporegime
So it sounds like SC still has a long way to go? My understanding of what has been explained here is that currently it's more of a space simulator than a traditional video game - as in this game is basically Flight Simulator in space

Don't know if its long, very long, short.... its just not possible to put a time limit on it.

The game is a game that is playable during its development, this is unique and brings its own challenges, effectively what you are doing is every 3 months you're releasing updated content in a playable state, you're bug fixing on the fly every 3 months.

So while the game is taking a long time to develope at least there is a game you can play.

To me Star Citizen is an existing game that is expanding, IMO many people who drone on about how long its taking to get to a released state ignore this.

Soldato

because if you'd read the thread you'd see I kickstarted it and have now let it go. something you don't seem to be able to do. get a 'ing life, don't you have anything more constructive in your life?

Soldato

The game is many things.... but it isnt a space simulator.
I am a backer of it, but not that invested in it really..... I am neither a fanboy, nore one of the people hating on it either, however I must admit I am questioning whether i will ever get my monies worth.

Honestly I am not really sure what it is, when I backed I was expecting a spiritual successor to Wing Commander in S42. (actually if this ever comes out I still think that is what S42 will actually be).... but Star Citizen itsself? I dunno, I was expecting a new privateer with some multiplayer in there for those who wanted it (and a PvP slider to minimise that for those who didnt, or private servers if you really dont want to see other people)....
CIG still sell a modding and private server set up guide on their store, however am not sure that will even be a thing anymore.

but either way, Space simulator it certainly isnt, for that you want to look at space engine, or even Elite Dangerous, they both simulate the milkyway in a fairly accurate manner... or possibly kerbal space program if accurate space physics are your thing.

SC is beautiful though, no doubt about that.

YI do actually struggle with Elite Dangeours, it has sub divided the community through game modes, is 32 player instances (yet they bang on about how great multiplayer is in that game, it isn't really), it offers mining, scanning and fps in ships and you are about set as far as I can remember from when I last logged in, they also sold a lot of their original backer targets in DLC side or haven't produced them at all yet (space legs for last 4 years or so being discussed etc) but they seem to get a pass..

I know it wasnt the main point of your post however ED is something I DO know a lot about.... and I have to say on their forums at least they dont get a pass... not by a lot of us anyway. I love Elite, always have done since 1st playing soon after launch on the BBC - mostly i played a few years later on my Amiga.

The game (ED) for what it is is brilliant but personally I am very very dissapointed at the glacial pace of development is on that one, and in many ways it is a worse game than it was at launch - for the things I care about at least.

I guess it seems making TBDSSE or what ever the abbreviation is is hard!....... I hope FD are being honest in that they have had over 100 FTEs working on it for the last 18 months, because despite what they say, The production version of ED seems to me to have been maintenance mode with skeleton staff working on it imo for the last 3 years or so whilst they have concentrated on new IP.

Back to topic. SC is making progress... I dont play it because I dont want to burn out before it launches, I just hope they dont run out of cash before it is finished.... They have what (from memory) 1 completed star system in the game now....... and that means only another 99 to go from the stretch goals.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Lol @Panos what is going on man, first you got everyone against you in the Picard thread, now I visit this thread and the same is happening. Are you becoming an masochist like 4K8K or are you two one and the same? :p

Back
Top Bottom