major issue with star wars

Soldato
It's not firing physical bolts so having these doesn't make sense.
Yes it is...

"The weapon used metal quarrels enveloped with plasma energy as ammunition. Two polarizing orbs, balanced on each end of the bow, created a magnetic field that boosted the quarrel's momentum. Once the cocking spring was pulled back, the trigger fired the quarrel, which was enveloped in plasma energy".

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bowcaster

Soldato
OP
Maximum effective range, yes. Presumably the plasma degrades after that.
Besides, real world crossbows can shoot as far as 500yds, but their max effective range will still only be 60yds (about 50m).

What use is 31m range for a weapon,a stone can be thrown further.

Bullets can travel 1-2 miles I'd rather have that than a point blank useless laser crossbow lol

Soldato
Empire Strikes Back, the Mynock/Asteroid scene when they go outside the ship... much as I love Stars Wars I always silently moan to myself, they are being exposed to a hard vacuum, the little masks would do nothing, and there would be no mist either, and then I carry on with my enjoyment of the film.

Man of Honour
The roof beams are too low too, with that stormtrooper bashing his head. And don't get me started on how easy it would be for a small child to crawl into that garbage collection crusher.

Soldato
OP
Empire Strikes Back, the Mynock/Asteroid scene when they go outside the ship... much as I love Stars Wars I always silently moan to myself, they are being exposed to a hard vacuum, the little masks would do nothing, and there would be no mist either, and then I carry on with my enjoyment of the film.

Unless there is a atmosphere inside the asteroid worm gut

Soldato
What use is 31m range for a weapon,a stone can be thrown further.
Bullets can travel 1-2 miles I'd rather have that than a point blank useless laser crossbow lol
They said the same about longbows vs crossbows, but the latter still increased in popularity.
I guess you feel shotguns are pointless combat weapons too, given how a rifle has a far greater range?

Soldato
what exactly are they feeding people on the Death Star, that results in some tentacled beastie living in the garbage pit? where the **** did that come from, did someone crap out a tapeworm and it mutated or did some storm trooper mother force her kid to flush his pet down the toilet?

Associate
Empire had no trouble blowing up Alderaan earlier on but will happily slowly orbit Yavin IV, allowing themselves to get blown up. Instead of just blowing the planet allowing a clear shot at the moon on the other side. Star wars is dumb, just go with it.

Associate
It was just a big giant red gas planet? Not like there was anyone on it. (Just guessing I don't know...could be alien gas breathers I suppose...)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
They even have a massive planet killing space station the size of a small moon with a practically unprotected tunnel all the way from the surface to the main reactor core.
What were they thinking? no ones every going to be smart enough to think about looking there for a quick way to blow it up....

This has all been explained in Rogue 1..................... many people died to get this information..... many many many.

Its more the magical mystical power source that bothers me the most tbh :)

Associate
Empire had no trouble blowing up Alderaan earlier on but will happily slowly orbit Yavin IV, allowing themselves to get blown up. Instead of just blowing the planet allowing a clear shot at the moon on the other side. Star wars is dumb, just go with it.

Surely destroying the planet would also destroy the moon?

Man of Honour
So I was watching star wars and the speed of the door closes is daft, didn't no-one n in the empire think having a door close that fast is incredibly dangerous at 38 seconds in.

https://youtu.be/Uh9P-NAeRFE

Also why does chewie have a crossbow laser with spring arm and wire? It's not firing physical bolts so having these doesn't make sense.

Perhaps because it was made for kids who wouldn't question such things.

Back
Top Bottom