Escape from Tarkov

Man of Honour
Lets hope you are right, all we can do really is play and enjoy it, bookmark this thread and return this time next year to see how the game has done in the intervening time. You are utterly utterly wrong though when you say that I want the game to be more fair to me. As I pointed out in my previous post, I feel a bit lame/cheesey when I'm running around in a 4man obliterating solo and duo players. Theres nothing hardcore or difficult about that and it absolutely doesnt make me elite, more skillful or in anyway a better player than them (quite the opposite actually). If anything, I'd say its because I want it to be more fair for everyone, purely because I feel it would increase the userbase and thus give the title more longevity. However, I've said what I think would help (and I certainly cant see how it would hinder rather than help) the title in the long run, so no point in repeating myself.

Lets bookmark and return in a year and hopefully it'll still have a very healthy sized userbase with matches starting quickly and some brilliant competitive gaming fun. See you then !

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Don't forget that the arena based raids that currently exist aren't the end goal of the game - the development is more towards a more open world that does away with instanced raids. Matchmaking has its place in competitive games and competitive games only; Tarkov is not a competitive game, simply hardcore. Plus the metrics for working out matchmaking in this game would be very difficult - what would you base it on? Survival ratio? PMC kills? Scav kills? Load out value? Far too many variables and not one by itself would be fair to judge ability from. At the start of the wipe I had a 90%+ survival ratio for a good couple of weeks, but I definitely wouldn't put myself in the same skill category as others in the game. Its hardcore, brutal, punishing nature is what makes this game, matchmaking would limit that.

I have lost some love for the game though; early this wipe the performance was the best it's been for a long time, but now it's starting to get sluggish again, more stutters and server side lag, not to mention the long load times. I'll probably park it again for a couple of months and see how it goes.

Man of Honour
Ahh, I didnt know that the ultimate aim of the game was to be open world rather than instanced raids. With that being the case, yes matchmaking wouldnt work. Thats good news to me though as I vastly prefer open world games over instanced ones so thats a major plus.

Soldato
I look forward to some mega missions where you have to extract through multiple areas, while it's going to be rage inducing, I welcome the challenge.

I like the niche aspect of this game though, no matchmaking, no leaderboards, no ranking, leave that for the tryhards elsewhere please.

Man of Honour
I look forward to some mega missions where you have to extract through multiple areas, while it's going to be rage inducing, I welcome the challenge.

I like the niche aspect of this game though, no matchmaking, no leaderboards, no ranking, leave that for the tryhards elsewhere please.

Theres this leaderboard...

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/rating

Doesnt seem to have been updated in a while though. The thing I like most about the game is that you can lose all your gear, even the stuff you have paid insurance on, it delivers a nice risk versus reward aspect , which is something missing in so many games these days where things are handed to players on plates. Its one of the reasons that Pantheon is the MMO I'm most looking forward to, for a return to the tougher, slower gameplay and high risk v reward of the original MMOs

Soldato
Doesnt seem to have been updated in a while though. The thing I like most about the game is that you can lose all your gear, even the stuff you have paid insurance on, it delivers a nice risk versus reward aspect , which is something missing in so many games these days where things are handed to players on plates. Its one of the reasons that Pantheon is the MMO I'm most looking forward to, for a return to the tougher, slower gameplay and high risk v reward of the original MMOs

Tarkov life hack, if you find yourself backed up or running from a group that you know are going to wreck you, don't want to lose your gear and it's insured...dump it in a random spot no one is likely to look for it.

Managed to get a fair bit of kit back at weekend on shoreline at points I knew I was screwed so started stripping gear and mods from weapons and dumping as I was doing a hasty retreat, got literally everything back that I ditched :D

Associate
Tarkov life hack, if you find yourself backed up or running from a group that you know are going to wreck you, don't want to lose your gear and it's insured...dump it in a random spot no one is likely to look for it.

Managed to get a fair bit of kit back at weekend on shoreline at points I knew I was screwed so started stripping gear and mods from weapons and dumping as I was doing a hasty retreat, got literally everything back that I ditched :D

lol i hate people who do this, you see a tank and then they vanish and then the next second a hatchling pops out of the bushes and tries to be buddies with you.

its so quick and easy to make money this patch that im not entirely sure why anyone gets gear fear anymore.

Soldato
lol i hate people who do this, you see a tank and then they vanish and then the next second a hatchling pops out of the bushes and tries to be buddies with you.

its so quick and easy to make money this patch that im not entirely sure why anyone gets gear fear anymore.

Tbf, most of the time you don't have time to but if it's a prolonged retreat, maximise roubles and ditch the gear. :D I never run higher than tier 4 gear though.

I'm only just at the point where making money is easy, just got my booze, water and bitcoin generation up, up to this point it's been a money sink.

Soldato
I'm still looking for reasons to not buy this... Is it something that I can pick up for an hour here or there or do I have to spend considerable time for it to be playable/enjoyable?

Soldato
I'm still looking for reasons to not buy this... Is it something that I can pick up for an hour here or there or do I have to spend considerable time for it to be playable/enjoyable?
You can play for an hour at a time not problem, learning the game is the most important thing, ammo types and map knowledge are key factors.
Thanks guys. Some of the ammo is real expensive, are you saying that this is worth investing in ?
If you don't have decent ammo the only way to kill armoured players is with leg meta or arm meta if they haven't got armour covering the arms.

Soldato
Ammo chart for nubs, or hatchlings as we seem to be called - https://i.redd.it/eawzvoj4blc41.png

playing for an hour entirely possible, especially as there will be a wipe in March. Just grab enough loot from a scav run to equip a pmc run doing quests and learn the maps/tactics etc before launch.

Wipe is more likely to be May/June now based on most recent info from Nikita.

Associate
I've actually spent quite a lot of time in offline mode having a blast. If they released the whole game with hideout/xp etc carrying over from offline (and offline only . Online being quite seperate) I would play that for ever. I enjoy just playing against the AI and AI bosses. Looting and pootling around :)

I think I'm finally good with customs. I've earnt enough that I can afford some cases that help with keeping the stash tidy (which is actually a fun game in itself. Keeping it in good order. Finding bargains on the flea market :)) I've got a few quests on the go that usually go out the window once it's start getting hairy.

Love doing scav runs. Several times now I spawned with silenced weapons that I try to extract with as I love them sneaky killings :)

Soldato

I haven't had much chance to play at all recently or on comms so have been doing the odd raid or 2 a day as a solo. It's very playable like that, have managed to complete plenty of quests and maintain decent loot and money levels. The only issue is although I already have loads of items for the hideout i'll never be able to complete even half of it at this rate before the wipe.

Back
Top Bottom