Kobe Bryant Dead

Soldato
I live in the USA and couldn't tell you what team he played for. I may of possibly been able to call his name, if it was put in front of me, but no way would i of been 100% sure. The basketball players seem to be the biggest athletes, as in Michael Jordan, LeBron James and I guess the now deceased Koby Bryant. I don't expect people from the UK to know anything more than his name. Over here in the US for example, no one knew who Michael Schumacher was after his accident. I mean no-one. And F1 is supposed to be a world sport. Americans are very insular when it comes to sport. I'd hazard a guess 75% didn't even know the world cup was on, when it was on. Yet 90% will sit down and tune into the super bowl, to watch 3hrs of commercials and 1 hr of actual gameplay. Anyway RIP i guess.

Soldato
My friends and I were all in shock. Lakers were never my team but you see so much of Kobe and he dominated the sport in such a way it felt like we knew him. Weird but it felt like losing a friend
Kind of the same here. My dad was a big sports watcher and basketball was a fav of his so i pretty much went through the whole Bird/Magic/BarkleyJordan/Shaq/Kobe etc.. eras

Soldato
I live in the USA and couldn't tell you what team he played for. I may of possibly been able to call his name, if it was put in front of me, but no way would i of been 100% sure. The basketball players seem to be the biggest athletes, as in Michael Jordan, LeBron James and I guess the now deceased Koby Bryant. I don't expect people from the UK to know anything more than his name. Over here in the US for example, no one knew who Michael Schumacher was after his accident. I mean no-one. And F1 is supposed to be a world sport. Americans are very insular when it comes to sport. I'd hazard a guess 75% didn't even know the world cup was on, when it was on. Yet 90% will sit down and tune into the super bowl, to watch 3hrs of commercials and 1 hr of actual gameplay. Anyway RIP i guess.

I dont think f1 did many races there in the US during shumacher's days.

Make no mistake, i bet some of the US guys know who Lewis Hamilton is.

Its what u do off the scenes away from the sport that gets you recognised across the world.

Kobe bryant has laid a lot of ground work outside of the courts. His features in films, been on lots of video games and even has his own line of sneakers via Nike

Soldato
I've heard his name but that's about it, upon doing a quick search the first thing I find is that he more or less confessed to rape to avoid conviction a few years ago and a journalist who brought it up has been threatened by the Twitter mafia and suspended from employment? tolerant liberals!

oh yeah, he's definitely a rapist, but lets forget about that as he was good at throwing balls.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
If it never went to court then it never happened ie his innocent.
No, it means he was never found guilty. I never went to court for stealing that Haribo from the tuck shop in Year 6. Doesn't mean I'm innocent, and it definitely happened!

Jeez man, that's some crazy deduction there.

Soldato
Just because something doesn’t go to court doesn’t mean it never happened! I’m not saying he is a rapist btw I’m just confused as **** by your choice of words. You on the books of his PR firm? :p
It does mean so.

I can easily criticise you of same allegation. Does that mean your guilty too without it going to court?

That's why we have a court system, to determine if someone is guilty or not

Soldato
It does mean so.

I can easily criticise you of same allegation. Does that mean your guilty too without it going to court?

That's why we have a court system, to determine if someone is guilty or not
holy ****.
you said because it didn't go to court it didn't happen, ergo (in your mind) he's innocent. i simply said that just because something didn't go to court doesn't mean it didn't happen. i'm not suggesting he's guilty or innocent. but you can't state something didn't happen because it never went to court.

Soldato
holy ****.
you said because it didn't go to court it didn't happen, ergo (in your mind) he's innocent. i simply said that just because something didn't go to court doesn't mean it didn't happen. i'm not suggesting he's guilty or innocent. but you can't state something didn't happen because it never went to court.
Your talking as if his guilty. My point is his not!

Soldato
Just because something doesn’t go to court doesn’t mean it never happened! I’m not saying he is a rapist btw I’m just confused as **** by your choice of words. You on the books of his PR firm? :p
holy ****.

Your talking as if his guilty. My point is his not!
i'll highlight it for you in my posts to make it stand out more.
and i'll repeat myself again, all i am saying is you cannot say that something didn't happen just because it never went to court. there was an example posted a couple of replies up you're conveniently ignoring that explains it better.

Soldato
I guess his, presumably very expensive, lawyers agreeing for him to pay damages and to put out a statement saying (paraphrase) "I understand how what I did gave her the impression she was raped" does give the impression to any reasonable observer that he didn't do it.....
Mike Tyson should have probably used the same legal team as Bryant ;)

Back
Top Bottom