Is it really worth...

Associate
spending the extra money on a name brand like Noble chairs or Secret Labs rather than what I'm currently looking at a Killabee 8212?

I've been reading a lot over the past few days and the general consensus seems to be that most gaming chairs are manufactured in the same place and use a lot of the same materials but with just a few tweaks to make them slightly different.

The chair I'm currently looking at is £189.99 compared to £349 (£324 on sale currently) for the Secret Labs Titan or a similar price for the Noble chairs Hero. All in PU.

So are the more expensive known brands really worth the extra money?

Thank you.

Kate.

Soldato
spending the extra money on a name brand like Noble chairs or Secret Labs rather than what I'm currently looking at a Killabee 8212?

I've been reading a lot over the past few days and the general consensus seems to be that most gaming chairs are manufactured in the same place and use a lot of the same materials but with just a few tweaks to make them slightly different.

The chair I'm currently looking at is £189.99 compared to £349 (£324 on sale currently) for the Secret Labs Titan or a similar price for the Noble chairs Hero. All in PU.

So are the more expensive known brands really worth the extra money?

Thank you.

Kate.

No.... at the end of the day, they're just chairs. As long as you find something that's comfortable to game in for the amount of time you use it, that also provides enough support and doesn't give you a bad back. You can game on a bean-bag. Spend the money on something else.

Permabanned
A little bit of the cost will be extra "brand" pricing. However a good quality chair is night and day over a cheap one, they are not "just chairs" at the end of the day. Sit in a £10 argos chair, then sit in a herman miller.

Ree

Ree

Associate
i mind seeing a chair advertised on here that was nappa leather and actually found a nappa leather three piece suite that was cheaper lol. the premium on some of the chairs is just shocking imo.

Associate
OP
Thanks all.

I'm with chroniclard here, the chair to me is more important than any other aspect of the PC. I sit in it way too long and I really want the best both in comfort and durability - one of my concerns about getting a cheaper one.

Right now I'm deciding between the Killabee 8212 at £189.99 or the HERO Gaming Chair - Black/White - Limited Edition 2019 on sale here at £269.99.

Thanks again.

Permabanned
Spent 400 quid on a refurb Herman Miller about 10 years ago. Still going strong still the best chair I ever had.

If I was to buy a gaming chair it would be a better quality one. I bought the kids gaming chairs a year ago, they were 150 quid each reduced to 100 but you can tell they are not the greatest and a bit flimsy for an adult.

Personally I would get the best you can afford. :)

Soldato
I have in my house loads of second hand Ikea Galant desks / furniture, got it all cheap.

In the process I picked up some second hand Ikea NOMINELL office chairs, one in suede leather, other in standard cloth. They cost £5 and £15 each, I have other more expensive office chairs I purchased new, however those second hand Ikea chairs are the most comfortable.

If I was ever to spend huge money on a gaming chair, I will pick an actual Recaro mounted one, but until then i'm normally using a £15 second hand Ikea chair!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've spent in the region of £100-£200 on office chairs many times in the past. They're all been clearly lacking in overall quality. Even the Staples Kashmir which was immensely comfortable was not a good chair in terms of build quality, and started to get less and less comfortable after a year or so.

The Noble Hero I bought a few months ago is night and day to that. you can hardly compare even, it's so much better built and more sturdy. I suspect that I've just moved from spending £150 every 2 years to keeping this £500 chair (it was a real leather one) for 5 times as long. In the long term, I suspect I've made a cheaper decision.

I've got an Ikea Markus in my home office as employer had a budget I could spend for a chair. It's not bad at all. But it's still not close to the Noble.

Associate
The Hero is considered an ergonomic office chair as much as it is a gaming chair, I use my leather Hero working full time and gaming, but working 85%, gaming 15% so it's primarily a working chair for me.

That limited edition Hero may not come with cushions, but is an extremely good value chair for the price - one of the best chair deals OCUK have had this last year or so.

For not much over £250 you get the same frame, etc as the leather one I use but it was over double the cost of that special edition. The PU covering isn't nearly as nice but it's still very good and the value for money is amazing. Even PU version with pillows are usually £350, so that special edition is a truly amazing deal for the price.

I'd never seen that Killabee before and it looks OK for the money, but the Hero is good enough they make high grade leather versions using the same frame as the cheaper ones, I'd be certain the Hero is better than the Killabee.

Soldato
Yeah, I have had some ebay chairs in the psat and none compare to the NobleChairs Hero Limited Ed. I have now. It really is night and day, and now its bedding in is super comfy for me at least.

And the price of £269.99 is great. But one thing, (doesnt bother me though) is there are no support pillows with this chair.

OcUK Staff
The good thing with the HERO is that it has adjustable lumbar support built in, plus so many more adjustments to make it suitable for you. People that say office chairs are better than gaming chairs... They're right, but also wrong. Most gaming chairs are not ergonomic in the slightest, especially the cheaper ones that have almost no adjustments. Good thing with noblechairs is that they have certified ergonomics and it's a brand you can trust.

Associate
OP
Amazing.

A little high so I have ordered the small gas lift and some pillows but it's such a lovely chair and the harder material is so comfortable.

Very Happy.

Associate
mfavour Ergonomic Office Chair Mesh Chair Heavy Duty Office Chair is what I plumped for. £140 for the most comfortable chair I've ever sat on with ventilated mesh rather than 'pleather'. Adjustable lumbar support and arm rests plus height and tilt and big enough for my 6'1" frame with room to spare. It won't take a five point harness but it has got a head rest to prevent whiplash when gaming. If I was spending several hundred pounds I'd expect real leather or the adjustability of a Herman Miller Aeron not fake plastic racing chairs designed to please 12 year olds. I guess I'm getting old!

Permabanned
mfavour Ergonomic Office Chair Mesh Chair Heavy Duty Office Chair is what I plumped for. £140 for the most comfortable chair I've ever sat on with ventilated mesh rather than 'pleather'. It won't take a five point harness but it has got a head rest to prevent whiplash when gaming. If I was spending several hundred pounds I'd expect real leather or the adjustability of a Herman Miller Aeron not fake plastic racing chairs designed to please 12 year olds. I guess I'm getting old!

Me too but some of the higher end "gaming" chairs are quite good.

Back
Top Bottom