Holidays 2020

Soldato
12 nights in Antigua at the back end of the year to celebrate my 40th. We’ve also decided to get married while we are out there.

Associate
Booked in the BA sale. 14 nights for 1200 a head. I thought that was pretty good value considering the quality of food and drink.
I agree with you on the all inclusive holiday stuff.
However I got a ridiculously cheap deal in Tenerife (300 per person) for a week in November last year. We only really had breakfast and the odd evening meal but it paid off well with free drinks in the evening.
I am starting to warm to all inclusive if its at the right price you don't feel stuck in the resort.

My parents go to Mexico every sept/Oct and are always hunting for a deal. £1200 pp for two weeks is cheap. Average seems to be about £1400-£1600pp last few years.

Any further info about the BA sale you refer to would be greatly appreciated. Does it run every year? BA is only the airline, surly they don’t do package deals with hotel included?

Associate
My parents go to Mexico every sept/Oct and are always hunting for a deal. £1200 pp for two weeks is cheap. Average seems to be about £1400-£1600pp last few years.

Any further info about the BA sale you refer to would be greatly appreciated. Does it run every year? BA is only the airline, surly they don’t do package deals with hotel included?

My wife booked it so will get some info and post it.

Previously we have used Teletext holidays. They flights are with Tui and I must say very good for economy.

Teletext are not always the cheapest that come up on searches but they don't have the hidden extras you find on many holiday sites that increase the price significantly, ie a seat on the plane lol.

Soldato
Looking for advice on a few places i've never been - South Korea, Okinawa Islands, Taiwan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Malaysian Borneo

Total trip in my head:

Bali
Malaysian Borneo
Taiwan
Japan Okinawa Islands
South Korea
Japan
Sri Lanka
Nepal
??? for one month
Bali for flight home

This is my rough agenda for four months of travel. Sorry for the long list but i'd appreciate any notes on too long / too short in terms to days staying

Code:
19 MAR - Arrive in Bali
20 MAR - Chill (Canggu) No activity
21 MAR - Chill (Canggu) No activity
22 MAR - Chill (Canggu) No activity
23 MAR - Chill (Canggu) Ubud Day trip?
24 MAR - Chill (canggu) Mountain bike ride?
25 MAR - Travel to Gili air
26 MAR - Gili Air
27 MAR - Gili Air
28 MAR - Travel to Bali and from port straight to Nusa Lembongan
29 MAR - Nusa Lembongan
30 MAR - Nusa Lembongan
31 MAR - Nusa Lembongan
01 APR - Travel back to Bali
02 APR - Uluwatu
03 APR - Uluwatu
04 APR - Uluwatu
05 APR - ????
06 APR - ????
07 APR - ????
08 APR - ????
09 APR - ????
10 APR -  ????
11 APR -  ????
12 APR - Fly to borneo
13 APR - Borneo
14 APR - Borneo
15 APR - Borneo
16 APR - Borneo  
17 APR - Brunei
18 APR - Flight to Taiwan
19 APR - Taiwan
20 APR - Taiwan
21 APR - Taiwan
22 APR - Taiwan      
24 APR - Taiwan to Okinawa
25 APR  - Okinawa  
26 APR  - Okinawa  
27 APR  - Okinawa  
28 APR  - Okinawa  
29 APR -  Okinawa
30 APR - Fly to South Korea for SK & Japan leg
01 May - South Korea
02 May - South Korea
03 May - South Korea
04 May - South Korea
05 May - South Korea
06 May - South Korea
07 May - Travel to Japan
08 May - Japan
09 May - Japan
10 May - Japan
11 May - Japan
12 May - Japan
13 May - Japan
14 May - Japan
15 May - Japan
16 May - Japan
17 May - Andy Leave
18 May - Japan
19 May - Japan
20 May - Japan
21 May - Japan
22 May - Travel to Sri Lanka
23 May - Sri Lanka
24 May - Sri Lanka
25 May - Sri Lanka
26 May - Sri Lanka
27 May - Sri Lanka
28 May - Sri Lanka
29 May - Sri Lanka
30 May - Sri Lanka
31 May - Sri Lanka
01 JUN - Sri Lanka
02 JUN - Sri Lanka
03 JUN - Sri Lanka
04 JUN - Sri Lanka
05 JUN - Sri Lanka
06 JUN - Sri Lanka
07 JUN - Sri Lanka
08 JUN - Sri Lanka
09 JUN - Sri Lanka
10 JUN - Sri Lanka
11 JUN - Sri Lanka
12 JUN - Sri Lanka
13 JUN - Sri Lanka
14 JUN - Sri Lanka
15 JUN - Sri Lanka
16 JUN - Travel to Nepal
17 JUN - Nepal
18 JUN - Nepal
19 JUN - Nepal
20 JUN - Nepal
21 JUN - Nepal
22 JUN - Nepal
23 JUN - Nepal
24 JUN - Nepal to ???
-One month empty- Thailand, more Bali, etc
23 JUL - Fly home from Bali

Man of Honour
Travel the plans this year...

• Nigeria, Benin, Togo and Ghana next week.
  • March, Syria for a week.
  • April, weekend in Chamonix and Geneva.
  • May, sailing expedition to try and get on Rockall.
  • July, sailing from Cork to Portsmouth.
  • August, week in Istanbul running the finish line for the Trans European race.
  • October, week in Gran Canaria.
Want to try and squeeze some diving in in Malta if I can get the time but not sure if I can.

Soldato
Lovely time to visit Brazil. Where are you going? Plans?

I've been about...10 times :)

We're starting off in Rio, spending about a week there doing the usual stuff plus Carnival is on. We're then heading down to Sao Paulo, stopping off for a couple of days in Paraty. From Sao Paulo we head to Foz do Iguaca for a couple of days before heading back to Sao Paulo and then heading home.

In total we're away for about 2.5 weeks.

We're going to be spending some time mooching about the place on our own but also catching up with some Brazilian friends who we met in North Korea a couple of years ago.

Commissario
Started looking at holidays for the end of March last night, tempted to do an AI in Mexico for 10 nights just to get some sun and being a fat slob :D

Soldato
Well Orlando is just around the corner for us now.

This was a holiday we WERE supposed to take last year (we go bi-annually) but we held off because of Galaxy's Edge.

April 24th we fly out......we return June 19th.

Strictly all in Orlando, apart from a week's cruise in the Caribbean from Port Canaveral.

Soldato
We're starting off in Rio, spending about a week there doing the usual stuff plus Carnival is on. We're then heading down to Sao Paulo, stopping off for a couple of days in Paraty. From Sao Paulo we head to Foz do Iguaca for a couple of days before heading back to Sao Paulo and then heading home.

In total we're away for about 2.5 weeks.

We're going to be spending some time mooching about the place on our own but also catching up with some Brazilian friends who we met in North Korea a couple of years ago.

Nice, carnival will be mayhem there. You could get tickets to the Sambadrome to watch the parade but I never have. Also, if you're into partying some of the best parties are the blocos in the day, not the evening.

Also consider Ilha Grande - it's between Rio and SP and is amazing. If you don't have time to visit Ilha Grande be happy with Paraty - it's lovely.

My opinion is there is very little to see and do in SP and i'd put any days you had planned there to other areas.

Soldato
Nice, carnival will be mayhem there. You could get tickets to the Sambadrome to watch the parade but I never have. Also, if you're into partying some of the best parties are the blocos in the day, not the evening.

Also consider Ilha Grande - it's between Rio and SP and is amazing. If you don't have time to visit Ilha Grande be happy with Paraty - it's lovely.

My opinion is there is very little to see and do in SP and i'd put any days you had planned there to other areas.

We're only actually in SP for 3 days and will be spending most of that with friends.

Thanks for the tips, I'll have a look at Ilha Grande.

Soldato
Does booking my 2021 holiday count? 14 night cruse in the Caribbean - Barbados, Aruba, Curacao, Grenada, Grenadines, Antigua, Leeward Islands, Saint Lucia, St Maarten.

Soldato
We were planning a big tour around Japan via a cruise. That would be in September, but even that far away my partner is paranoid about the whole virus issue, so that'll be 2021 now.

Back to California this year it is!

Soldato
We're only actually in SP for 3 days and will be spending most of that with friends.

Thanks for the tips, I'll have a look at Ilha Grande.

Ilha Grande is a very popular destination so you'll find lots of info online.

it has Lopez Mendez which, in the past, has been featured in many top 10 beaches-in-the-world lists. It's generally just a really nie island where you can find everything - party, beaches, food, relaxing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bes...e..69i57j33.5279j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Paraty has some great tour trips to all the various spots in the area. A good way to cover off a lot.

I think that Coastal stretch between Rio and SP is great for beach hopping. Spend a few days in a town, on the beach and then move onto the next one. RInse, repeat. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom