Things I don't like (TIDL) thread

Man of Honour
People who’ve never been nearer to France than Canterbury, loudly declaring that
France is a ****hole, and that all French people are untrustworthy, and horrible.

Soldato
Artificial grass and the awful ***** that want a lush green pristine patch instead of a natural lawn free for nature or spend any amount of time on upkeep.
Terrible for nature, just for the lazy and people keeping up with the Joneses.

Last edited:
Soldato
Artificial grass and the awful ***** that want a lush green pristine patch instead of a natural lawn free for nature or spend any amount of time on upkeep.

I get you don't like it but what part of it is keeping up with the Joneses?

To be fair, pretty much everyone i know who's switched to fake grass has found it excellent (myself included). My dogs can run around outside without being covered in mud and treading it back into the house.

Soldato

To be fair, pretty much everyone i know who's switched to fake grass has found it excellent (myself included). My dogs can run around outside without being covered in mud and treading it back into the house.

It's the attitude of small convenience over the local wildlife that I find abhorrent. Removing habitat and food source for insects, birds and mammals so you don't have to clean or mow.
Then there's the general production and disposal of the stuff that's just unnecessary, including the "Eco" stuff.

Man of Honour

I’m with you Marvt, to hell with the Joneses, I couldn’t stand the agg of mowing the lawn, and keeping the back garden tidy.
I just have to rake the leaves off the grass in the autumn now, and I don’t know about denying wildlife somewhere to enjoy, the fox that used to sleep on my first floor kitchen balcony, now lies spark out on the artificial grass.

Soldato

If I have my way we’d get artificial grass in the garden but my partner is environmental officer so I have 0 chance of getting that by her

Soldato
A terrible shame indeed. People finding mowing too much "agg" and effort for the requirement of a neat and tidy garden. Because it's yours right? Can't have it looking slightly messy and natural now can we?

Loathsome.

Soldato
A terrible shame indeed. People finding mowing too much "agg" and effort for the requirement of a neat and tidy garden. Because it's yours right? Can't have it looking slightly messy and natural now can we?

Loathsome.

But what's really finding a home in a bit of grass? It's not even like people have flowers or anything for pollination purposes.

We still have plenty of plants, bushes and trees in our garden. But they're in specific raised areas, we just don't have the inconvinience of the grass.

(Although to be honest, if you saw our garden and how much it's paved the artificial grass would be the least of your issues :p

Yy4mWAt.png

Soldato
But what's really finding a home in a bit of grass? It's not even like people have flowers or anything for pollination purposes.

Insects and Invertebrates, a great source for birds and small mammals.

People don't have flowers, in general? Really? Many people do, and more people should do.

(Although to be honest, if you saw our garden and how much it's paved the artificial grass would be the least of your issues :p

Not least, but certainly awful.

Soldato
Amazon's policy on not refunding you price drops after ordering and before you even get the item or a day or two after you receive it.

I understand prices change but if something drops in price significantly before i even get it or have used it (ie a day or two after) i expect to be refunded.

I ordered a bit of clothing which dropped nearly 40% in price on the day it was delivered. I asked for a refund of the difference but they are unable to do that. However, because clothes can be returned for free, they just say return it and order it again at the lower price...

This is just a ridiculous waste of everyone's time and resources and only ends up costing them more in shipping costs.
I've had this recently too. It wasn't a load of money so I didn't bother sending it back. It just seems mad that when I have prime it's only going to cost them more money by making me sending it back and reorder, plus it's really inconvenient for all involved.

Soldato

We still have plenty of plants, bushes and trees in our garden. But they're in specific raised areas, we just don't have the inconvinience of the grass.

Yy4mWAt.png
Looks like part of a driving range :p

Soldato

Loathsome.

This 100%. Many people dont care about nature I think we know that by now and while grass isnt the best, its surprising the amount of birds I see in my garden picking worms etc out of the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom