*** The Official iOS 13 Thread ***

Soldato
@ShortWarning

Found this for you to try if you wish, it was on the VM forum, found a big thread on the issue, so must be related to Virgin network and iPhone.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/iPhone-Dial-Assist-Problems/td-p/3795425/page/7

I've found a way to replicate this issue at will and am currently experimenting with a fix.

The potential fix I'm experimenting with is to do the following.

Go to:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming" -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Now make sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region.

My hope is that setting this to manual will stop any type of region check and instead simply honour whichever region is currently selected.

------

Incase anyones interested you can force/replicate the problem by doing the following:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming" -> tap "Select Mode"

Tap manual -> then choose International.

Wait a few seconds for your phone to lose signal and the Virgin logo to disappear. Now perform the exact same steps as above but choose "National" at the end. You should find that your numbers are now in belgium format. This seems to show that belgium is the default national region?

If the above does work, you may need to change it back to automatic if you go abroad.

Soldato
Rumours are 13.4 will support NFC car keys.

as someone who drove their wife to work this morning, and then noticed after she'd walked off that I did't have my own key with me, I ended up at work now not able to get home :p

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Dark Mode actually looks pretty great on whatsapp, all thats left now is some banking apps and gmail :D

Back
Top Bottom