Advice on upgrading PC.

Associate
Currently i have an

i7-4770k overclocked to 3.9 i think
ASUS Maximus VI Hero Motherboard
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Team Group Elite Vulcan 8GB (2X8GB) DDR3 RAM/ so 16 gb total
And i have a 256 gb SSD for windows a regualr 1TB hard drive and another 1TB SSD.

just looking for any advice on what i could look to upgrade first and also what might be the most effective change.

Think if i want to upgrade processor ill have to upgrade motherboard, correct me if i am wrong.

Man of Honour
Associate
OP
Right ok, thanks man. I just checked my settings and it has an overclock profile setup by overclockers to give me 4.5GHZ, and i just tested it using CPU-Z.

Graphics card wise i would appreciate any advice also. If its best to save and go big on a £1000+ price range card. Or if its worth going for £300/400/500 cards for short term. Thanks again anyone who can help

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Graphics card wise i would appreciate any advice also. If its best to save and go big on a £1000+ price range card. Or if its worth going for £300/400/500 cards for short term. Thanks again anyone who can help
2070 super would be the most sensible upgrade if you want to stick with Nvidia.
Else the AMD 5700xt is a lot cheaper for similar performance - though the drivers aren't the best so there is a tiny chance of having issues.
Personally I'd probably take a gamble on the 5700xt and if there are issues, then RMA it for a 2070 super.
But I appreciate not everyone is happy enough to keep chopping and changing hardware.

Associate
OP
Thank you for the response again. Just have 1 more question. Is there a meaningful difference between the 2070 Super MSI or Gigabyte or ASUS, that i should take notice of? because many are different costs and ive been trying to see if there are any differences in spec.

Back
Top Bottom